WatchmenComicMovie.com Forum

Talk about the Watchmen comic book mini-series and film
It is currently Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:13 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:13 am 
Tired of Earth.

but it was already established that disney very much plans to run star wars into the ground by releasing films every 2 to 3 years, so far we're only getting one sequel trilogy and then a shit ton of spin-offs. making kotor a film is the wrong thing to do, it should be either a full-fledged television show or a miniseries.

it's not that hard, the show could focus more on the comics and the miniseries would follow the games.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 5:47 am 
Genetically-Altered Lynx

Johnathan Rhys Meyers may join Star Wars
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/ ... s/?a=79885

he is a very talented actor i wonder who he can play

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 12:29 pm 
Tired of Earth.

Project862006 wrote:

here's to hoping kyle katarn.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 5:39 pm 
Government-Sponsored Weirdo

WJK wrote:
Project862006 wrote:

here's to hoping kyle katarn.

He's far too young. Katarn is older than Luke.
He'll probably be Jacen Solo, assuming they are not contradicting the entire EU.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:33 pm 
Tired of Earth.

http://ca.reuters.com/article/entertain ... 9D20130804

so abc is apparently trying to start a star wars tv show of their own

could end up being that live-action show that's been in writing for the last few years

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:04 pm 
Tired of Earth.

Bump.

At long last, we FINALLY have some concrete information about this movie. The whole internet broke down when the world collectively tried to read the following:

Quote:
The Star Wars team is thrilled to announce the cast of Star Wars: Episode VII.

Actors John Boyega, Daisy Ridley, Adam Driver, Oscar Isaac, Andy Serkis, Domhnall Gleeson, and Max von Sydow will join the original stars of the saga, Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, Mark Hamill, Anthony Daniels, Peter Mayhew, and Kenny Baker in the new film.

Director J.J. Abrams says, "We are so excited to finally share the cast of Star Wars: Episode VII. It is both thrilling and surreal to watch the beloved original cast and these brilliant new performers come together to bring this world to life, once again. We start shooting in a couple of weeks, and everyone is doing their best to make the fans proud."

Star Wars: Episode VII is being directed by J.J. Abrams from a screenplay by Lawrence Kasdan and Abrams. Kathleen Kennedy, J.J. Abrams, and Bryan Burk are producing, and John Williams returns as the composer. The movie opens worldwide on December 18, 2015.
That is the announcement in its entirety. We don't know a thing about who the newcomers are playing, but at least we know that they took the opportunity to bring in some first-class talent. I'm not familiar with Daisy Ridley, but I know for a fact that Boyega, Driver, and Gleeson are all fantastic up-and-comers. The inclusion of Isaac and Serkis are pleasant last-minute surprises, and Max von Sydow's presence can only be a good thing.

What say the rest of you?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:29 pm 
Genetically-Altered Lynx

As I said on Facebook, although I'm still not sure if this film will be good or if I will even watch it, the cast makes me happy. The OT cast was kind of a given at this point and I'm not sure if I want to see them again, mostly because I don't want this to be a "Star Wars: We're oh so very tired" kind of thing. I'm VERY happy with the new cast and it makes me more inclined towards watching the movie.

In terms of reboots/sequels, I'm more excited about Jurassic World because dinosaurs and because of thing I've heard about it thus far, and especiallly the cast. But hey, I may end up watching both next year and I might end up loving them, I hope.

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 10:45 am 
Dog Carcass in Alley

For me, there is one thing I hope the new movies don't do, and that's include anything involving politics. I don't want to see senate meetings. I'm not even sure I want to see an Evil Empire. The one thing the prequels did right, maybe the only thing, were the lightsaber sequences. There needs to be more swashbuckling, more zipping around space and getting into adventures. The prequels were not fun. The new movies need to be.

"Heard them Walthers like to jump some" "As will you, with one in your elbow."

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 12:33 pm 
Genetically-Altered Lynx

t3cii wrote:
For me, there is one thing I hope the new movies don't do, and that's include anything involving politics. I don't want to see senate meetings. I'm not even sure I want to see an Evil Empire. The one thing the prequels did right, maybe the only thing, were the lightsaber sequences. There needs to be more swashbuckling, more zipping around space and getting into adventures. The prequels were not fun. The new movies need to be.

Word!

Even for all their forced choreography and overlongness, the lightsaber sequences are pretty awesome in the prequels and pretty much the only thing that came close to living up to my imagination and expectation of how the Jedi fought prior to becoming near-extinct.

Again, I'm not sure if I'll even see these movies but I really would love these movies to be more about being on adventures and being in space and getting to know other worlds and people.

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 1:04 am 
Tired of Earth.

To be fair, the politics in the original trilogy were borderline non-existent because the system was quite simple -- there's an empire that runs everything, there's a rebel alliance fighting a civil war to bring them down, end of story. Compare that to the prequel trilogy, which is basically the story of how the Sith emerged from the shadows to corrupt an interplanetary republic from within. By its nature, that requires some talk of political maneuvering.

In the wake of the Empire's fall, I'm sure there was a lot of talk about compromise and power struggles as all the pieces settled. HOWEVER, it bears remembering that this next trilogy takes place 35 years later. Hopefully, that's enough time for a new status quo to assert itself so we can focus on a new threat to provide space-opera action.

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 12:08 pm 
Tired of Earth.

fun fact: in about 40 years after episode 4 in the expanded universe, there was a conflict known as the "second galactic civil war" (the first being the main conflict in the original trilogy). could be some points from there that disney may adapt for 7-9.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:52 am 
Genetically-Altered Lynx

Official Teaser Trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zV_hkZQSIEg

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:47 am 
...look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!

Really liked Rougue One. Seems as if the franchise is in good hands.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:25 pm 
Dog Carcass in Alley

Soupdragon wrote:
Really liked Rougue One. Seems as if the franchise is in good hands.

Just wanted to visit the site and see what kind of shape it was in, and saw your post. Nobody posts here any more, dude. It's all on facebook now. :)

"Heard them Walthers like to jump some" "As will you, with one in your elbow."

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:35 pm 
...look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!

I have more or less dumped Facebook. So that's going to be difficult hooking up. :)

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 7:04 pm 
Tired of Earth.

you could always make a throwaway profile.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7