WatchmenComicMovie.com Forum

Talk about the Watchmen comic book mini-series and film
It is currently Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 341 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18  Next
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:39 pm 
Genetically-Altered Lynx

Bryan Singer(X-Men,X-2)Replacing Matthew Vaughn To Direct Days Of Future Past
Quote:
Bryan Singer has just closed his deal to return to the director's chair for the X-Men franchise to direct X-Men: Days of Future Past, the next installment of 20th Century Fox's superhero series. The ink is still drying on the deal, we’ve learned. Matthew Vaughn was to direct the sequel to the hit spinoff X-Men: First Class, but we told you last week he was stepping back; word is he is near a deal to produce this one instead along with writer Simon Kinberg and Lauren Shuler Donner.

Singer launched the X-Men feature franchise with the first two superb films and has been a guiding influence in this spinoff by writing the treatment and producing. Fox already has the script for X-Men: Days Of Future Past, and set to return is Fox's First Class cast that includes Michael Fassbender, James McAvoy and Jennifer Lawrence. The studio hopes to make the July 18, 2014 release date it set for the sequel.

Singer's next film is Jack The Giant Killer for New Line. He is repped by WME.

http://www.deadline.com/2012/10/bryan-s ... -past-fox/

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:01 pm 
Silk Swinger of Suburbia

And just like that the magic is gone...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:38 pm 
Genetically-Altered Lynx

how so LOL

singer is far superior than vaughn and x men 2>first class by a mile for me x2 is the best marvel film ever

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:00 pm 
Silk Swinger of Suburbia

Glad that you enjoyed his Wolverine movies, I sure as shit didn´t.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:24 pm 
Tired of Earth.

RuiBK wrote:

the first two were good, but the third was obviously crap when singer left.

and yes, the wolverine trilogy was okay on the whole, but this movie isn't supposed to focus on wolverine (which it probably will).

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:27 pm 
Genetically-Altered Lynx

well i doubt wolverine will be the time traveler so it wont focus on him too much

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:42 pm 
...you're locked in here with me!

RuiBK wrote:

Nerd-gripe.

They were deffinitely better than First Class indeed, the only thing I truly loved from that movie was Beast's "outburst" scene, fucking magnificent, the rest ? Mediocre.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:14 pm 
Tired of Earth.

Project862006 wrote:
well i doubt wolverine will be the time traveler so it wont focus on him too much

Consider this: We all know that the time travel element would be an ideal way to reconcile the two existing "timelines" of the X-Men films. If Fox is indeed going this route -- and really, they'd be fools not to -- who better than Hugh Jackman to be the film's "Spock Prime?" Giving Wolverine the torch for him to pass would make all manner of sense.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:07 am 
Genetically-Altered Lynx

i feel someone like rogue or kitty pryde are better suited they could connect with these younger mutants

and logan feels wasted as a time traveler when he would be better off slashed some sentinel's in the future atleast i would prefer seeing wolverine battle sentinels than looking for an assassin with the rest of the past group

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:42 am 
Silk Swinger of Suburbia

feliciano182 wrote:
RuiBK wrote:

Nerd-gripe.

They were deffinitely better than First Class indeed, the only thing I truly loved from that movie was Beast's "outburst" scene, fucking magnificent, the rest ? Mediocre.

No, nerd-gripes are my problems with the Nolan´s Batman movies. To completly pussify Scott and make him an afterthought, that´s beyond nerd-gripe. Jean was desgined to enhance Logan´s character instead of Scott.Storm was just hanging on the background until Halle Berry decided to show some Oscar muscle. The kids actually had some decent screen time, so I can atleast give him that(but should have gotten a diferent Colossus if they didn´t want to give a decent amount of lines to Daniel Cudmore).

Vaughn made an ensemble piece, although First Class borderlined into "X-Men Origins:Magneto" many times.

WJK wrote:
the first two were good, but the third was obviously crap when singer left.

and yes, the wolverine trilogy was okay on the whole, but this movie isn't supposed to focus on wolverine (which it probably will).

Like I said, Singer is a good director.Brett Ratner is not.

Project862006 wrote:

Considering Singer is directing,if Jackman is up for it(and if Singer asks he will do it, he credits Singer for his breakout in Hollywood)the chances are pretty fucking high :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:03 am 
...you're locked in here with me!

RuiBK wrote:
No, nerd-gripes are my problems with the Nolan´s Batman movies. To completly pussify Scott and make him an afterthought, that´s beyond nerd-gripe. Jean was desgined to enhance Logan´s character instead of Scott. Storm was just hanging on the background until Halle Berry decided to show some Oscar muscle. The kids actually had some decent screen time, so I can atleast give him that(but should have gotten a diferent Colossus if they didn´t want to give a decent amount of lines to Daniel Cudmore).

That IS nerd-gripe, I like Cyclops too, but I don't completely shut down when the director decides to put the main spotlight on a single character, I think we can all agree that one has to judge all the strengths of a movie, as well as it's weaknesses, it's quite unfair to condemn the Singer movies on the single complaint that they weren't ensemble pieces.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:07 am 
Genetically-Altered Lynx

while wolverine was very dominant keep in mind both his films were very plot based around him but it is not like he didn't develop magneto,mystique,nightcrawler,rogue,xavier,jean aswell even the bobby/rouge relationship was developed nicely

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:52 pm 
Silk Swinger of Suburbia

feliciano182 wrote:

That IS nerd-gripe, I like Cyclops too, but I don't completely shut down when the director decides to put the main spotlight on a single character, I think we can all agree that one has to judge all the strengths of a movie, as well as it's weaknesses, it's quite unfair to condemn the Singer movies on the single complaint that they weren't ensemble pieces.

Hey, I guess I´m the only one that expects ensemble pieces in team movies. Go figure...

Project862006 wrote:
while wolverine was very dominant keep in mind both his films were very plot based around him but it is not like he didn't develop magneto,mystique,nightcrawler,rogue,xavier,jean aswell even the bobby/rouge relationship was developed nicely

Not per se. The first one was about Magneto´s plans to transform the world leaders in the conference into mutants. Logan was a smoke screen to hide the plans to get Rogue to do the deed. Other avenues could have taken story-wise, but I don´t bedruge Hayter for that. What I do fucking bedruge is making X2 a oposite movie(anti mutant guy trying to trick world leaders too), with an even stronger Logan sub-plot.

Jean was floating around up until she had to bite the bullet. Mystique was there for eye candy. Nightcrawler was there for for his powers and religious angle. Other then that a missed oportunity.

As to the "kids", holy fuck, I don´t even get the point of casting Paquin on a role going nowhere. Ellen Page had better luck, albeit no that much.Better then Ben Foster.
As to Rogue/Iceman relationship, while I give poits for continuity, that wasn´t going anywhere, and that 180 turn because of the cure and Kitty was bad mojo.

I look at X1, X2 and X3 and I see wasted potential.I look at the future as a chance to change that.

Shit, the "supporting" cast is composed of Anna Paquin, Ellen Page and Ben Foster. This is some fucking grade A talent. And as to the "main" cast, they have Stewart, McKellen(although I would prefer Richard Gere), Grammer and a Jackman that owns Wolverine. I´m torn when it come to Halle Berry. She hasn´t done solid work in a while, and I sense that she looks at Storm as back-up plan. Would rather get Naomie Harris for the role...
As to Famke, Cudmore, Marsden,Ashmore, Romijin, good riddance. Bring replacements for those guys, along with Taylor Kitsch´s Gambit.

Shit man, after X3 they could have made X4 with Havoc and Polaris as the replacements of Cyclops and Grey, setting up and governement sponsored X-Factor movie after the return of Scot and Jean. But instead we get Wolverine Origins...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:12 pm 
Tired of Earth.

Richard Gere as Magneto? I'm not seeing it, dude.

In any case, I certainly agree that the X-Men franchise has a great opportunity to start fresh. Especially now that Tom Rothman is out of the picture.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:22 pm 
Dog Carcass in Alley

RuiBK wrote:
they have Stewart, McKellen(although I would prefer Richard Gere),

Richard Gere sucks!

"Heard them Walthers like to jump some" "As will you, with one in your elbow."

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:33 pm 
Labored long to build a heaven.

t3cii wrote:
RuiBK wrote:

Richard Gere sucks!

I have a distinct urge to put this in the classic posts section. It's t3cii...just saying "Richard Gere sucks!"

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:52 am 
I don't think there is a god. And if there is I'm nothing like him.

Godziller66 wrote:
t3cii wrote:
RuiBK wrote:

Richard Gere sucks!

I have a distinct urge to put this in the classic posts section. It's t3cii...just saying "Richard Gere sucks!"

Classic enough to me lol.

Also Singer's movies were okay, but I'm in part with Rubik on this.
Just because me and him gripe about the same shit though, doesn't mean I don't like X1 and X2.

I'll be right back. I gotta go see a man about a mule.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:57 am 
Silk Swinger of Suburbia

Curiosity Inc. wrote:
Richard Gere as Magneto? I'm not seeing it, dude.

In any case, I certainly agree that the X-Men franchise has a great opportunity to start fresh. Especially now that Tom Rothman is out of the picture.

I was raised on 40 year old looking, longish hair Magneto, so I tend to go for Gere. But even I know that the men has grown too old for that role. But dammit I still cling to the idea of him being in the original trilogy :lol:

Rothman was already away from X-Men. Now he´s straight up away from the movie division. There´s a reason why Singer was a producer in First Class...

NiteOwl wrote:

Also Singer's movies were okay, but I'm in part with Rubik on this.
Just because me and him gripe about the same shit though, doesn't mean I don't like X1 and X2.

IT´S RUIBK MOTHERFUCKERS!|

joking lol
Seriously,I can still take some enjoyement from the movies, but it´s not the awesomesauce that it could have been, even with a small budget. Fox could have fucked the Avengers 12 years before it came out. But no...

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:42 am 
Genetically-Altered Lynx

i really want to see what singer does with x men on an actual great budget

he was only given 70 million for x1

and 110 million for x2

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:13 am 
Government-Sponsored Weirdo

Project862006 wrote:
i really want to see what singer does with x men on an actual great budget

he was only given 70 million for x1

and 110 million for x2

I doubt the budget will be much more than 110 million though, maybe 150m, but I doubt it will be as much as 200m.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 341 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18  Next