WatchmenComicMovie.com Forum

Talk about the Watchmen comic book mini-series and film
It is currently Sun Oct 25, 2020 2:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 447 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 23  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:01 pm 
Tired of Earth.

hey guys you know what would be neat

if JGL was bats for continuity purposes.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:45 pm 
Labored long to build a heaven.

WJK wrote:
hey guys you know what would be neat

if spoilers was bats for continuity purposes.

You're confusing neat with stupid again.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:48 pm 
Tired of Earth.

So long as Christopher Nolan is involved in any capacity, there's no chance in hell. Thank goodness.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:01 pm 

So what do you guys think by way of villains? Should Lex Luthor be the only one involved? Should there be a Batman villain as well? Or maybe you think there shouldn't be any villains at all. But surely we must all agree that there needs to be an antagonist for Bats and Supes to team up against by the end of the movie.

Sound off, geekdom.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:40 pm 
Dog Carcass in Alley

Godziller66 wrote:
Or maybe you think there shouldn't be any villains at all. But surely we must all agree that there needs to be an antagonist for Bats and Supes to team up against by the end of the movie.

Yeah, while the idea that there would be no villain is kind of interesting, I think you need to have one in a movie like this. Otherwise, why would Batman even be involved in a confrontation with Superman? Why would he be in Metropolis, or wherever the movie is set? I could see it maybe working from Batman's perspective since Superman is this invincible entity, and thus would provide Batman with a significant foe to defeat. But since this is supposed to be a Superman sequel, what would Superman do for the majority of the movie? Unless he's just dealing with petty crime, I'd think there would need to be some threat to occupy him and eventually force him to join forces with Batman. And possibly that villain could be a Batman villain, or if one exists, a villain who has faced both characters. Maybe this villain originated in Gotham, but has fled to Metropolis with Batman in pursuit? It would give Batman a reason for being in Supes backyard.

Just spit balling here, but what if they took some inspiration from Kingdom Come? What if Superman actually loses public favor and another hero is forced (or elects himself) to step in? In this case, instead of Magog it would be Batman? Maybe with the idea that humanity should look to one of their own to lead by example?

"Heard them Walthers like to jump some" "As will you, with one in your elbow."

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:49 pm 
Tired of Earth.

Luthor is of course non-negotiable, but it'll be a huge opportunity wasted if we can't get a Batman villain in there as well.

I'm tempted to get Oswald Cobblepot involved, since he's the classic Batman villain who fits best with the bourgeois world of Wayne and Luthor. Still, that seems too easy, and not enough of a threat for the combined strength of our heroes. Plus, with two rich guys in the cast, it might be nice to have someone of lower class to balance it out.

Then again, maybe we should be thinking in terms of Kryptonite. If we can find a classic Batman villain who would work effectively with Kryptonite (or previously has, in the comics) then we can find a challenging adversary for both heroes combined. Deadshot, perhaps?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:10 pm 

Honestly, I'm almost tempted to see some new Joker action (as Luthor/Joker team-ups are very common for this type of story), but it almost seems sacrilegious at this point in time.

t3cii wrote:
Just spit balling here, but what if they took some inspiration from Kingdom Come? What if Superman actually loses public favor and another hero is forced (or elects himself) to step in? In this case, instead of Magog it would be Batman? Maybe with the idea that humanity should look to one of their own to lead by example?

That's actually really interesting, but I think a lot of the appeal of Batman is that he's an outcast, so it might be a bit odd to play him off as someone with a better public image than Superman. That's really the reverse of how it usually is in the comics.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:26 pm 
...you're locked in here with me!

Godziller66 wrote:
Or maybe you think there shouldn't be any villains at all.

Why, how did you read my mind :D ?

Godziller66 wrote:
But surely we must all agree that there needs to be an antagonist for Bats and Supes to team up against by the end of the movie.

Nope.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:41 pm 
Dog Carcass in Alley

Curiosity Inc. wrote:
I'm tempted to get Oswald Cobblepot

I literally had no idea who that was until I looked it up. :?

Godziller66 wrote:
That's actually really interesting, but I think a lot of the appeal of Batman is that he's an outcast, so it might be a bit odd to play him off as someone with a better public image than Superman. That's really the reverse of how it usually is in the comics.

Good point.

feliciano182 wrote:
Godziller66 wrote:
Or maybe you think there shouldn't be any villains at all.

Why, how did you read my mind :D ?

Godziller66 wrote:
But surely we must all agree that there needs to be an antagonist for Bats and Supes to team up against by the end of the movie.

Nope.

Alright, so how would it work? Think about it, no villain. So what drives the story? Like I said, I can kind of see it working more from Batman's perspective than Superman's.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:12 am 

t3cii wrote:
Alright, so how would it work? Think about it, no villain. So what drives the story? Like I said, I can kind of see it working more from Batman's perspective than Superman's.

You.........party buster :evil: !

I'd like to put my chips on Lex Luthor as well........now that I think about it, I'd find it to be very interesting if the plot developed around Wayne being persuaded by Luthor that Superman is a threat to humanity, it would deffinitely create a conflict within Batman when he meets Superman, aside from being able to steer the story towards a reasonable motive for Superman and Batman to clash.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:14 am 
Government-Sponsored Weirdo

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/tyler-h ... atman-film

Quote:
The sequel is set a year after Man of Steel, and the world is still getting used to having this powerful god on the planet who isn't fully trusted by everybody. Batman certainly doesn't trust Superman. Superman doesn't trust Batman; either of which causes the two to clash when they initially meet. They do however pair up to defeat the villains (not 100% confirmed who the villains are). COULD be Luthor and Joker, but only a select few really know that. Luthor is definitely in the sequel and he doesn't like Superman, believing him a threat to the planet. - See more at: http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/tyler-h ... gOIuW.dpuf

potential batman?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:30 pm 
Dog Carcass in Alley

Tyler Hoechlin is...

Hunky Batman

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:20 am 
Tired of Earth.

Why don't they just cast Robert Pattinson and have done with it?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:54 pm 
Dog Carcass in Alley

Curiosity Inc. wrote:

Really. I watched an interview of his, and the guy doesn't have a commanding voice. I don't know why that isn't taken into consideration when casting a role. That's at least something Peck has, a deep voice that sort of makes him sound like Powers Boothe.

Also, Joe Manganiello's name is being tossed around, for some unearthly reason. Apparently it was between him and Cavill in the role of Superman. The guy is physically impressive, but he has a bit of a fratboy vibe to him, which makes me wonder how anyone could possibly see him as Batman.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:25 pm 
Silk Swinger of Suburbia

t3cii wrote:
Curiosity Inc. wrote:

Really. I watched an interview of his, and the guy doesn't have a commanding voice. I don't know why that isn't taken into consideration when casting a role. That's at least something Peck has, a deep voice that sort of makes him sound like Powers Boothe.

Also, Joe Manganiello's name is being tossed around, for some unearthly reason. Apparently it was between him and Cavill in the role of Superman. The guy is physically impressive, but he has a bit of a fratboy vibe to him, which makes me wonder how anyone could possibly see him as Batman.

You´re letting the days of Raimi´s Spider Man cloud your judgment.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:47 pm 
Dog Carcass in Alley

RuiBK wrote:
t3cii wrote:
Curiosity Inc. wrote:

You´re letting the days of Raimi´s Spider Man cloud your judgment.

I'm really basing this on his performance on How I Met Your Mother, and a few interviews of his I've seen. Which is maybe not fair, but he just strikes me as being too much of a "bro" to be Batman.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:19 pm 
Silk Swinger of Suburbia

So,no True Blood on your viewing habits I suppose?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:06 pm 
Genetically-Altered Lynx

i want Fassbender for batman he is one of the few guys who is worthy of replacing bale and could even do better
- around henry's age range - only 6 years older
- is very charismatic and charming that he would make a great Bruce Wayne
- as shown in shame he can show darker inner turmoil and shown with magneto he can play a tough bad ass that would be perfect for batman
- has a strong mature look and a square jawline that would look great under the cowl
- isn't super tall like 6'4 where he would tower of Henry him and cavill are around same height
- great actor with tons of range,screen presence,and gravitas
- an actor with a well respected resume with strong indie work like Hunger,Shame,Jane Eyre,A Dangerous Method,upcoming 12 years a slave and has also done big movies like inglorious basterds,x men first class,300,Prometheus,and the upcoming ridley scott film the counselor,etc. that would get the respect of the fan base and the GA

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:05 pm 

^ Would FOX let him go though ? Brilliant as he would be for the role ?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:49 pm 
Tired of Earth.

feliciano182 wrote:
^ Would FOX let him go though ? Brilliant as he would be for the role ?

if ryan reynolds can switch sides so can fass

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 447 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 23  Next