WatchmenComicMovie.com Forum

Talk about the Watchmen comic book mini-series and film
It is currently Sun Oct 25, 2020 2:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 447 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 23  Next
PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:57 pm 
Dog Carcass in Alley

Project862006 wrote:
yeah wb doesn't want some young 20 something they want an established seasoned batman

which i am glad i dont need a young batman we should followed his journey for past 7 years on film

That might be, but that doesn't mean they have to go the opposite direction and cast someone pushing 40. They could easily cast someone in their mid thirties if they wanted to suggest he's been doing it for a while.

"Heard them Walthers like to jump some" "As will you, with one in your elbow."

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:06 pm 
Genetically-Altered Lynx

when our superman is 33 in his year one in the mos universe mid 30's might not be enough lol

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:41 pm 
Tired of Earth.

For some reason, I just got this image in my head of Nathan Fillion getting the part. I'd pay to see that audition. Adam Baldwin and Alexis Denisof are two other actors who might have made fine candidates if not for their association with the current four-star general of Marvel.

Anyway, going off of this rumored list, I would go with either Richard Armitage or Max Martini.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:10 am 
...look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!

As someone on io9 suggested...

Daniel Day Lewis.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:56 am 
Government-Sponsored Weirdo

Godziller66 wrote:
I'm a bit confused as to why they'd want an older Batman. The character's always been around the same age as Superman in the comics.

Well Superman does age slower to a degree, it makes sense for them to cast Batman older in a movie universe where actors age.

Also Brolin played a 20-something Agent K in MIB 3

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:15 pm 
Dog Carcass in Alley

Curiosity Inc. wrote:
For some reason, I just got this image in my head of Nathan Fillion getting the part. I'd pay to see that audition. Adam Baldwin and Alexis Denisof are two other actors who might have made fine candidates if not for their association with the current four-star general of Marvel.

Anyway, going off of this rumored list, I would go with either Richard Armitage or Max Martini.

There actually exists someone with the name Max Martini?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:31 pm 
...you're locked in here with me!

Curiosity Inc. wrote:

Fillion's comedic talent would be completely wasted though.

The man HAS to play a superhero, but maybe not Batman.

As for those candidates, I vouch for John Manganiello from True Blood, the guy can be incredibly intimidating despite his occupying a pretty boy role in the show.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:00 pm 
Government-Sponsored Weirdo

feliciano182 wrote:
Curiosity Inc. wrote:

Fillion's comedic talent would be completely wasted though.

The man HAS to play a superhero, but maybe not Batman.

As for those candidates, I vouch for John Manganiello from True Blood, the guy can be incredibly intimidating despite his occupying a pretty boy role in the show.

Fillion for Booster Gold!?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:49 pm 
Dog Carcass in Alley

feliciano182 wrote:

I feel like people are forgetting the other side of Batman, that being Bruce Wayne. Can I buy that Manganiello can be intimidating? Sure. Can I buy him as socialite Bruce Wayne? Not one bit.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:23 pm 

t3cii wrote:
I feel like people are forgetting the other side of Batman, that being Bruce Wayne. Can I buy that Manganiello can be intimidating? Sure. Can I buy him as socialite Bruce Wayne? Not one bit.

How so ? I would think the opposite actually, any guy can play up a socialite playboy, but not necessarily have the qualities as Batman.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:34 pm 
Tired of Earth.

... you guys are acting like there's some real depth to portraying Batman.

it's either billionaire playboy or semi-insane vigilante.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:19 pm 
Genetically-Altered Lynx

feliciano182 wrote:
t3cii wrote:

How so ? I would think the opposite actually, any guy can play up a socialite playboy, but not necessarily have the qualities as Batman.

the dude looks like a cave man lol

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:10 pm 
Dog Carcass in Alley

feliciano182 wrote:
t3cii wrote:

I probably shouldn't have said socialite, but my point is whoever plays him may spend more time not wearing the cowl. At least, that's what most comic book movies do. I feel like people are getting too hung up on the physical aspect, thinking fill in the blank actor would look really awesome pummeling some bad guy. But we'll likely spend more time with Bruce Wayne sitting at a control panel than we will him beating people up.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:13 pm 
Labored long to build a heaven.

t3cii wrote:
feliciano182 wrote:
t3cii wrote:

I probably shouldn't have said socialite, but my point is whoever plays him may spend more time not wearing the cowl. At least, that's what most comic book movies do. I feel like people are getting too hung up on the physical aspect, thinking fill in the blank actor would look really awesome pummeling some bad guy. But we'll likely spend more time with Bruce Wayne sitting at a control panel than we will him beating people up.

In any other Batman movie, I might agree. In this case, however, I think we may see him primarily as Batman.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:42 am 
The Watcher

So this is a thing now...

http://www.aceshowbiz.com/news/view/00062997.html

Isn't he too old to play Batman? Maybe we are getting more of a Dark Knight Returns movie with a much older Batman.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:07 am 
Tired of Earth.

Not the Watchmen star I would've gone with, but I'm intrigued with the (potential) choice.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:30 am 
Dog Carcass in Alley

I'd be perfectly fine with him being in the movie. As a character other than Batman.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:24 pm 

Hopefully it will just end up in a meeting.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:52 pm 
Labored long to build a heaven.

I love Jeffrey Dean Morgan and a lot of these actors, but man. This is some tough casting.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:28 am 
Genetically-Altered Lynx

if i were to pick a watchmen star for batman it would be crudup

jdm is great but he does not posses the personality for bruce wayne

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 447 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 23  Next