WatchmenComicMovie.com Forum
http://watchmencomicmovie.com/forum/

Avengers:Age of Ultron
http://watchmencomicmovie.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=7106
Page 4 of 5

Author:  NiteOwl [ Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:56 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Avengers:Age of Ultron

Godziller66 wrote:
NiteOwl wrote:
madvillain wrote:
What they're wearing is negligible when they're running that fast. They aren't affected by resistance. They're fucking comic book characters.

You always sound like you hate comics. Its really hard to even take your opinion seriously when you think so little of comic book characters to begin with.
Weren't you the one who even said Spider-man was "supposed to look stupid"? Such contempt. Geez.

I don't know. From certain posts, it feels like madvillain understands comic books more than anyone. Aren't you the one who hates the black leather Singer X-men costumes and wishes they would embrace their comic book flamboyancy?

It's not just about comic book "flamboyancy", it is about understanding the x-men.
Summers said it himself "you don't see the Fantastic Four or the Avengers being chased with torches and pitchforks through the streets"
A line by Joss Whedon which was practically a direct response to the singer look,

"And quite frankly, all the black leather is making people nervous"

One of the best lines, and parts of his run on the X-Men because he brought purpose behind the fact they wear uniforms. Not shitty stealth covert tacti-cool stuff. There is room in the cinematic universe, ANY cinematic universe- I'm not speaking of the MCU -for faithfulness. Look at the Avengers. Via Singer's world, Captain America might as well look like a modern day black ops soldier. Forget having a costume at all. Where's the fun in that? Iron Man would have War Machine's color scheme, Hulk would be grey, Thor would look like an actual viking, and it'd all be really fucking boring. YES, they ARE comic book characters. Can we stop trying to change that? Or even ignore that. Embrace that dammit. Visually. Completely.

I don't feel like madvillain understands comic books at all. Or even likes them. Especially not when he thinks they're supposed to "look stupid".

Author:  Godziller66 [ Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:16 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Avengers:Age of Ultron

NiteOwl wrote:
Godziller66 wrote:
NiteOwl wrote:
madvillain wrote:
What they're wearing is negligible when they're running that fast. They aren't affected by resistance. They're fucking comic book characters.

You always sound like you hate comics. Its really hard to even take your opinion seriously when you think so little of comic book characters to begin with.
Weren't you the one who even said Spider-man was "supposed to look stupid"? Such contempt. Geez.

I don't know. From certain posts, it feels like madvillain understands comic books more than anyone. Aren't you the one who hates the black leather Singer X-men costumes and wishes they would embrace their comic book flamboyancy?

It's not just about comic book "flamboyancy", it is about understanding the x-men.
Summers said it himself "you don't see the Fantastic Four or the Avengers being chased with torches and pitchforks through the streets"
A line by Joss Whedon which was practically a direct response to the singer look,

"And quite frankly, all the black leather is making people nervous"

One of the best lines, and parts of his run on the X-Men because he brought purpose behind the fact they wear uniforms. Not shitty stealth covert tacti-cool stuff. There is room in the cinematic universe, ANY cinematic universe- I'm not speaking of the MCU -for faithfulness. Look at the Avengers. Via Singer's world, Captain America might as well look like a modern day black ops soldier. Forget having a costume at all. Where's the fun in that? Iron Man would have War Machine's color scheme, Hulk would be grey, Thor would look like an actual viking, and it'd all be really fucking boring. YES, they ARE comic book characters. Can we stop trying to change that? Or even ignore that. Embrace that dammit. Visually. Completely.

I don't feel like madvillain understands comic books at all. Or even likes them. Especially not when he thinks they're supposed to "look stupid".

Captain America does look kind of stupid, though, but maybe we should be using the term, "goofy", instead. Still, would I change anything about his portrayal on-screen? Hell no. I could be misinterpreting madvillain, but I think comic book characters can look goofy, but still look cool and that's how they should be.

Author:  madvillain [ Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:00 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Avengers:Age of Ultron

NiteOwl wrote:
madvillain wrote:
What they're wearing is negligible when they're running that fast. They aren't affected by resistance. They're fucking comic book characters.

You always sound like you hate comics. Its really hard to even take your opinion seriously when you think so little of comic book characters to begin with.
Weren't you the one who even said Spider-man was "supposed to look stupid"? Such contempt. Geez.


You're the one who wants something more realistic for them to wear because that's what a runner would wear. They aren't trying out for the Olympics, they wear costumes, it doesn't have to be functional when they're running at impossible speeds.

Author:  NiteOwl [ Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:17 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Avengers:Age of Ultron

madvillain wrote:
NiteOwl wrote:
madvillain wrote:
What they're wearing is negligible when they're running that fast. They aren't affected by resistance. They're fucking comic book characters.

You always sound like you hate comics. Its really hard to even take your opinion seriously when you think so little of comic book characters to begin with.
Weren't you the one who even said Spider-man was "supposed to look stupid"? Such contempt. Geez.


You're the one who wants something more realistic for them to wear because that's what a runner would wear. They aren't trying out for the Olympics, they wear costumes, it doesn't have to be functional when they're running at impossible speeds.

No, other people are saying that. I just want something that looks like the comics.
They always come up with these shitty interpretations for live action stuff. Like seriously? That's the best you could come up with?
For example- the red is darker.
Why? Is that supposed to make it look less... less what? Less ostentatious? Who cares if it looks ostentatious. Its a man who can run faster than the eye can see. He can fucking wear bright red. No one is going to give a flying fuck if he looks a little ostentatious.
Okay, also, the center of his emblem on his chest- the inner color is no longer white? Why?
What possible reason was there to change this? It's even a different red from the rest of the outfit.
Why? Why did you HAVE TO change that? What for?
Then the costume is different textures at different parts... like, why? Why different materials?
I dunno. It seems like a re-design for the sake of a re-design. No other reason. They didn't make it look better. Just different. And for no good reason except to be "edgy" and "cool".
I mean shit, I'll bet you dollars to pesos Brian Singer had better logic behind the black tacti-cool outfits in X-Men. Those were entirely different from their comic book counterparts.
But with this Flash... it's just darker, and more cluttered? What the fuck kind of logic is behind that? What stupid-ass purpose does that serve?

Author:  madvillain [ Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:14 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Avengers:Age of Ultron

The Flash's costume hasn't always been bright red.
Image

There's also nothing 'edgy' or 'cool' about the TV design, he's smiling in the first promo shot they released and is jumping and running around in broad daylight in the set photos. Stop throwing around buzzwords.

Author:  NiteOwl [ Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:31 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Avengers:Age of Ultron

madvillain wrote:
The Flash's costume hasn't always been bright red.
Image

There's also nothing 'edgy' or 'cool' about the TV design, he's smiling in the first promo shot they released and is jumping and running around in broad daylight in the set photos. Stop throwing around buzzwords.

If the TV outfit looked remotely like that, id be happy

Author:  RuiBK [ Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:31 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Avengers:Age of Ultron

New Cap suit:

Image

Image

Image



And some new duds for Hawkeye

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/3627/weu2.jpg

http://img811.imageshack.us/img811/6200/dajo.jpg

http://img837.imageshack.us/img837/2340/l7qa.jpg

Author:  AvatarIII [ Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:56 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Avengers:Age of Ultron

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/ ... s/?a=98033

Paul Bettany talks about playing Vision

Author:  NiteOwl [ Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:27 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Avengers:Age of Ultron

AvatarIII wrote:
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=98033

Paul Bettany talks about playing Vision

He's ridiculously fun to listen to.

Author:  RuiBK [ Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:21 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Avengers:Age of Ultron

Funny thing, he was shooting scenes with Hayley Atwell in a 40´s kind of set...

Author:  AvatarIII [ Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:09 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Avengers:Age of Ultron

RuiBK wrote:
Funny thing, he was shooting scenes with Hayley Atwell in a 40´s kind of set...


There are rumours he's either playing Android Human Torch/Synthetic Man (since they probably can't call him Human Torch for legal reasons, but then again, no one expected there to be a loophole with Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch, and there are also 2 characters called Nova which Fox owns one and Marvel/Disney the other so you never know), or human Jarvis in the 40s. both are reasonable explanations.

Author:  RuiBK [ Wed May 07, 2014 8:25 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Avengers:Age of Ultron

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/ ... s/?a=99504

Nice to hear them talk about the characters.

Author:  RuiBK [ Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:11 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Avengers:Age of Ultron

So EW reveal with some pics and interviews...

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image



Some news about Avengers tower...
http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/07/16/m ... -of-ultron

“Last time we saw Stark Tower, from The Avengers, it had gotten beat up a little bit thanks to Hulk and thanks to Loki and the Chituari, and Pepper and Tony were standing over a table looking at plans” he explained. “That’s where we pulled out and all the letters had fallen away except the ‘A’ in Stark. So what they were doing was retro-fitting for The Avengers. And that’s what we see in this next film.

“S.H.I.E.L.D. is gone – for people who are following along. S.H.I.E.L.D. was disbanded and brought down at the end of The Winter Soldier because it turned out to not be the best organisation ever. So Tony’s bank-rolling The Avengers now. And he’s bank-rolling their headquarters. So it’s now Avengers Tower.

“Tony designed it so in addition to a hanger for a brand-new Quinjet, laboratories, places where he can build and store his Iron Man suits, there are I believe two bars. Beautiful multiple space living rooms which are perfect for parties and social gatherings. But it’s a primary location in the film this time around.”



Apart from that the interviews say that Ultron is an AI designed to identify and assess threats and after that comand the Iron Legion to destroy them. Thing is,he comes to the conclusion that humanity itself is a threat and that the world would be better off without us.
Also Vision is a "super powered synthetic human" created by Ultron to show that humans don´t have the monopoly in creating life.

Author:  WJK [ Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:53 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Avengers:Age of Ultron

Image

Author:  AvatarIII [ Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:32 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Avengers:Age of Ultron

http://i.imgur.com/u47G52O.jpg

Author:  Godziller66 [ Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:55 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Avengers:Age of Ultron

AvatarIII wrote:
http://i.imgur.com/u47G52O.jpg

I love how Hawkeye is the only one who looks like he thinks things may not end too well for him.

Also, there a lot of details to this poster you don't realize at first until zooming in and looking at it for awhile. Like how Quicksilver's power is partially conveyed through there being multiple versions of him and one of Hawkeye's arrows being impaled through the hand of one of the Ultron drones on Hulk.

Author:  NiteOwl [ Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:31 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Avengers:Age of Ultron

Speaking of details, lets see a properly big one.

http://img0.joyreactor.cc/pics/post/ful ... 14173.jpeg

Like the energy stuff on Black Widow's outfit? Yeah. This is hi-res.

Author:  Godziller66 [ Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:56 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Avengers:Age of Ultron

NiteOwl wrote:
Speaking of details, lets see a properly big one.

http://img0.joyreactor.cc/pics/post/ful ... 14173.jpeg

Like the energy stuff on Black Widow's outfit? Yeah. This is hi-res.

Wow, you can certainly see The Vision better.

It's almost like this picture provides you with a better vision.






:|

Author:  AvatarIII [ Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:05 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Avengers:Age of Ultron

NiteOwl wrote:
Speaking of details, lets see a properly big one.

http://img0.joyreactor.cc/pics/post/ful ... 14173.jpeg

Like the energy stuff on Black Widow's outfit? Yeah. This is hi-res.


nice, that site is blocked for me, but i found the same resolution on imgur http://i.imgur.com/MPlwW9T.jpg

Author:  AvatarIII [ Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:30 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Avengers:Age of Ultron

AndreasW3 wrote:
"Avengers: Age of Ultron" will bring the Marvel Universe's biggest heroes together again to face one of their biggest villains... COoL!


I like this bot, he says what we're all thinking

Page 4 of 5 All times are UTC - 5 hours
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/