WatchmenComicMovie.com Forum

Talk about the Watchmen comic book mini-series and film
It is currently Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:14 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3430 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 172  Next
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:13 am 
...look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!

I'll wash out for that one. ;)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:18 am 
I DID IT!

At the moment I'm re-reading V for Vendetta, while also working my way through a slight backlog of tpb's and GN's I've built up. On top of that pile is Azzarello and Bermejo's JOKER, which will be followed up with Absolute Sandman Vol.4. (besides the weekly/monthly comics I also pick up).

Good times...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:58 pm 
Alien Squid Monster

I must say, I have a feeling that, once I finally finish From Hell, I'm going to have to get the Final Solution...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:02 pm 
A brother to dragons.

Kovacs86 wrote:
I must say, I have a feeling that, once I finally finish From Hell, I'm going to have to get the Final Solution...

Yeah yeah Final Solution that's it that's it!

The Maul and the Pear Tree is better written, even though it's not as directly involved.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:52 pm 
Crimebuster

Currently reading Countdown and Final Crisis. They're okay but I liked 52 a helluva lot more.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 12:10 am 
Nothing ever ends.

I just read V for Vendetta, The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen (1&2), and the first issue of Sandman. I enjoyed the first, didn't really like the second, and loved the third.

Watchmen wipes the floor with them all. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:48 am 
Alien Squid Monster

deleted as was not quite on-topic

Last edited by Hooded Justice on Sun Nov 09, 2008 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 1:34 pm 
I DID IT!

Finally read my copy of "The Great Outdoor Fight." Lovin' the extra material there.

Next I'll probably be digging into the volume of The Spirit I got a while ago. (The Spirit Archives, really nice hardback collection. Had to start at Volume 3 since that's the earliest one my local shop had.)

"Under no circumstances should anyone encourage the ordinary person to be funny."
--Bob Mackey

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 5:58 am 
Government-Sponsored Weirdo

just started reading "southland tales: the preldue saga" it's pretty good so far, the art is slapdash and the lettering looks like it's just been dropped on in ms paint, but i guess it's supposed to be like that.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:40 am 
Genetically-Altered Lynx

Just finished that new Joker HC. Underrated, sort of struck me as in-vogue grittiness and violence.

Probably gonna re-read The Long Halloween and Dark Victory, as it as officially been forever.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:16 pm 
Alien Squid Monster

EmPiiRe x wrote:
Just finished that new Joker HC. Underrated, sort of struck me as in-vogue grittiness and violence.

Probably gonna re-read The Long Halloween and Dark Victory, as it as officially been forever.

I assume you meant overrated. Is it worth getting anyway? I've heard many good things about it (and I'll surely get it anyway, even if you tell me it's the worst thing to happen to Batman since Joel Schumacher).

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:37 pm 
Genetically-Altered Lynx

Oops. Late-night rambling. Yes, overrated. Don't get me wrong, the book was good, the art was great actually, but it certainly wasn't the next Killing Joke like it was puffed up to be. I read it once, and haven't had the urge to pick it up again and it will doubtless be a long time before I do. I was underwhelmed, but that's probably because I was expecting too much to begin with.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:03 am 
Close to locating a gluino.

maus
black hole
loeg vol. 1
a contract with god
demo vol. 1

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 3:27 am 
Thermodynamic Miracle

A friend of mine let me borrow V for Vendetta and I really like it so far. I think the colors are a little dull and bland compared to watchmen, but I guess once you've had the best its hard to go back to anything less. When I'm done with that I'm going to read The Science of UFO's. Bought it like 10 years ago and never read it lol. Just found it in an old box.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:30 am 
Thermodynamic Miracle

A Game of Thrones by George R. R. Martin, book 1 of A Song of Ice & Fire. The BEST read I have in AGES.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:02 pm 
Close to locating a gluino.

WalterKovacs wrote:
A friend of mine let me borrow V for Vendetta and I really like it so far. I think the colors are a little dull and bland compared to watchmen...

both moore and lloyd both wanted it in stark black and white... and if you find the original unfinished serialised version in "warrior" you can see that they did it that way... until dc released the complete series internationally - in which the colours were the same as the tbp we all have seen.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:39 am 
Existence is random.

Empowered vol.2 and vol.3

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:04 pm 
Vigilante

Quote:
both moore and lloyd both wanted it in stark black and white... and if you find the original unfinished serialised version in "warrior" you can see that they did it that way... until dc released the complete series internationally - in which the colours were the same as the tbp we all have seen.

I'm still hoping that one day DC will reprint it in just black and white. Maybe an Absolute Edition with both the B&W and colour versions....Ah! well, I can dream!

Keeping on topic... I've just finished reading Eisner's Contract With God trilogy. Very good, especially the latter two parts (A Life Force & Dropsie Avenue) - loved the way the different characters weaved in and out of the story. It's a little dated now maybe but considering when it was published, it's tone and subject matter must have been pretty revolutionary. Still don't understand why A Contract With God is considered a graphic novel though. It's just a bunch of short stories. It's no more a novel than Voice Of The Fire :)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:07 pm 
...look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!

Maus II — A survivors tale. Or in the language I'm reading it in: "En överlevandes historia".

Vladek's use of english is confusing translated into Swedish. The phrasing is reversed back into something resembling English. The Swedes often have the verbs last too, so a literal translation would seem normal. :|

Ah well. While reading it at the dentists I noticed a magazine about the SS and Himmler and the SS's recruitment drives across Europe during the later stages of WW2. Ghastly business. :shock:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:40 am 
Government-Sponsored Weirdo

Marvel, 1602 and i have Hellboy Library Edition Volume 2 and 1602: Fantastick Four on my shelf to be read next

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3430 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 172  Next