WatchmenComicMovie.com Forum


Talk about the Watchmen comic book mini-series and film
It is currently Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:49 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 253 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 13  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Watchmen Tattoos
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:46 pm 
Offline
I DID IT!
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:14 pm
Posts: 549
Location: Wales, UK
023 wrote:
Here it is as promised!!! :D
http://i453.photobucket.com/albums/qq259/Athletic_Jimmy_Shot_Mel/IMGP0880.jpg

Thinking of getting the Watchmen army patch on my other shoulder too.


Great stuff! :D I say go for the army patch, I love that design.

_________________
"Because there is good and there is evil, and evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I shall not compromise in this."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Watchmen Tattoos
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:25 pm 
Offline
So impotent.
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:50 pm
Posts: 5
Location: Washington, UK
Just had this done a week ago. Getting another Watchmen tattoo in the next few weeks (The Latin Quote)

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b396/ ... nbomb2.jpg

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b396/ ... nbomb1.jpg


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Watchmen Tattoos
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:29 pm 
Offline
…a puppet who can see the strings.
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:42 pm
Posts: 8542
Location: A stronger world
Wow, very nice!

_________________
Dr. Brooklyn wrote:
it was tying it into the rape-revenge stories and making light of a verys erious sub-genre that kind of offended me.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Watchmen Tattoos
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:42 pm 
Offline
So impotent.
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:50 pm
Posts: 5
Location: Washington, UK
Thanks man. :) Love some of the tattoos people on here have, especially the coloured Rorschach one a few pages back


Last edited by IvanD on Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Watchmen Tattoos
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:53 pm 
Offline
Alien Squid Monster
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:55 am
Posts: 112
wow that is beautiful.
i always loved that frame.

_________________
ImageImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Watchmen Tattoos
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:11 pm 
Offline
Alien Squid Monster
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2008 2:37 pm
Posts: 140
god damn.... thats outstanding....

_________________
Look for me on 03-06-09. I was an extra!! Read about it!!
http://www.watchmencomicmovie.com/02060 ... -extra.php
chapter III : page 13 : panel 3


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Watchmen Tattoos
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:21 pm 
Offline
Close to locating a gluino.
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:56 am
Posts: 836
Location: Dublin, Ireland
BASTARD!!!

i was going to get that in january!!!

...still... at least i know it can look awesome!!!

how much did that set you back?

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Watchmen Tattoos
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:30 pm 
Offline
So impotent.
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:50 pm
Posts: 5
Location: Washington, UK
Didn't set me back anything as i'm friends with my tattooist, him and his brother have both done all my work so far, and i have quite alot of tattoos, so they give me freebies now and again. Was supposed to be around £180 tho (i'm british)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Watchmen Tattoos
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:57 am 
Offline
Crimebuster
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:18 am
Posts: 41
Tis awesome!!!

_________________
Image "None of you understand. I'm not locked up in here with you . You're locked up in here with me."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Watchmen Tattoos
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:12 pm 
Offline
I DID IT!
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:14 pm
Posts: 549
Location: Wales, UK
That's really sweet, fair play!
Was planning on getting that done down the left side of my torso for my birthday recently, but finances plotted against me. Will hopefully be getting it done around the end of January-beginning of February.

_________________
"Because there is good and there is evil, and evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I shall not compromise in this."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Watchmen Tattoos
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:19 pm 
Offline
So impotent.
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:50 pm
Posts: 5
Location: Washington, UK
nc8wy


Last edited by IvanD on Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Watchmen Tattoos
PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:43 am 
Offline
Vigilante
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 2:34 pm
Posts: 54
It's always tempting to get a tattoo the moment you are legally of age to do so without anyone stopping you. I don't want to fall into the trap that some of my friends have and get a ridiculous and/or ugly tattoo I'll regret in ten seconds simply because I can.

That being said, I've often considered the vivarium smear from issue 11, perhaps on my shoulder. It's sufficiently girly, and (as you guys seem to call it) stealth-geek. However, I don't just want to be seen as yet another chick with a butterfly tattoo. ><

_________________
"...And drink a toast to absent friends,
Instead of these comedians..."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Watchmen Tattoos
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:36 am 
Offline
Crimebuster
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:29 am
Posts: 25
Location: Seattle, WA
Oh geez.... all of you with a Watchmen-related tattoo... ARE MY HEROES. Haha.

I've been thinking about having my 2nd tattoo be dedicated to Watchmen.
It's a tie between Rorschach's "logo" && the blood-stained smiley.
I'm just having issues with choosing one [I'll prolly end up with both but which one first?] & where to put it!



My friends think i'm crazy for getting a tattoo dedicated to Watchmen... but then again they think i'm such a "nerdy girl" for being so obsessed with the GN anyways. :D

_________________
ImageImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Watchmen Tattoos
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:10 pm 
Offline
Nothing ever ends.

Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:22 pm
Posts: 606
Location: Where gravity happens
You guys are all gonna regret this in 30 years -_-


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Watchmen Tattoos
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:18 pm 
Offline
A pretty butterfly.
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2007 8:12 pm
Posts: 925
Location: New Jersey
SmilingSymmetry wrote:
You guys are all gonna regret this in 30 years -_-


I highly doubt they will. If they love the book enough to get a tattoo of it I don't see anything diminishing that love 30 years from now. Besides, a tattoo like the ones here are better than most of the meaningless and bland tattoos people have nowadays.

That's also a disturbing line of thinking. Is that how you make your all of your decisions in life? How it will effect you 30 years from now?

_________________
"With our thoughts we make the world."
-- Gautama Buddha


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Watchmen Tattoos
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:05 am 
Offline
Nothing ever ends.

Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:22 pm
Posts: 606
Location: Where gravity happens
Sasso wrote:
I highly doubt they will. If they love the book enough to get a tattoo of it I don't see anything diminishing that love 30 years from now. Besides, a tattoo like the ones here are better than most of the meaningless and bland tattoos people have nowadays.

That's also a disturbing line of thinking. Is that how you make your all of your decisions in life? How it will effect you 30 years from now?


No, I don't pour my coffee wondering how it will affect me in 30 years. Why'd you even ask that? Is it not okay to question the logic of getting something permanently etched into your skin? Something about a comic book?

And as they are permanent, there can be several situations where they were a bad decision. Trying to pick up a girl who's not a complete nerd, explaining to your grandson why there's a double r on your wrist...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Watchmen Tattoos
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:14 am 
Offline
Genetically-Altered Lynx
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:13 am
Posts: 2512
Location: San Fran
A real man doesn't explain his tattoos, he just growls and threatens you for asking stupid questions.

_________________
He did it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Watchmen Tattoos
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:16 pm 
Offline
Crimebuster
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:29 am
Posts: 25
Location: Seattle, WA
Quote:
No, I don't pour my coffee wondering how it will affect me in 30 years. Why'd you even ask that? Is it not okay to question the logic of getting something permanently etched into your skin? Something about a comic book?

And as they are permanent, there can be several situations where they were a bad decision. Trying to pick up a girl who's not a complete nerd, explaining to your grandson why there's a double r on your wrist...



I don't see why having to explain to your grandson about your Watchmen tattoo would make it a bad decision.

&& anyways all my tattoos are so small that if I do "regret" them in 30 years... then I can easily have them tattooed over.
But i'll be 48 by then so i'll prolly have far worse things to worry about than a tiny double R on my shoulder blade.


But anyways. I can see your point with the whole thing though, SmilingSymmetry.
I always have people telling me that so sorry if I come across as snippy. I've just heard it so many times. :D

_________________
ImageImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Watchmen Tattoos
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:58 pm 
Offline
A pretty butterfly.
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2007 8:12 pm
Posts: 925
Location: New Jersey
SmilingSymmetry wrote:
Sasso wrote:
I highly doubt they will. If they love the book enough to get a tattoo of it I don't see anything diminishing that love 30 years from now. Besides, a tattoo like the ones here are better than most of the meaningless and bland tattoos people have nowadays.

That's also a disturbing line of thinking. Is that how you make your all of your decisions in life? How it will effect you 30 years from now?

Is it not okay to question the logic of getting something permanently etched into your skin? Something about a comic book?

So what if it's about a comic book? Why do you care so much about what other people may think? Perhaps Watchmen means more to someone than what other people may think about comic books?

SmilingSymmetry wrote:
And as they are permanent, there can be several situations where they were a bad decision. Trying to pick up a girl who's not a complete nerd, explaining to your grandson why there's a double r on your wrist...

So when people get a tattoo they should take into account how it will effect their ability to "pick up" girls? Why would explaining the tattoo to their grandson be taken into account? I know I would be happy to explain the meaning behind such a tattoo and why I got it.

People with your thinking towards tattoos irk me to no end. You're far more concerned with what other people think about you and fitting into social norms rather than doing things that you want to do or doing things that mean something to you and make you happy. Stop criticizing people's decisions because they don't fit into what you would consider normal or rational, especially because the main thing influencing your thinking is how other people may perceive you.

_________________
"With our thoughts we make the world."
-- Gautama Buddha


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Watchmen Tattoos
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:07 pm 
Offline
Crimebuster
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:29 am
Posts: 25
Location: Seattle, WA
Quote:
People with your thinking towards tattoos irk me to no end. You're far more concerned with what other people think about you and fitting into social norms rather than doing things that you want to do or doing things that mean something to you and make you happy. Stop criticizing people's decisions because they don't fit into what you would consider normal or rational, especially because the main thing influencing your thinking is how other people may perceive you.



THANK YOU!!! Haha.
It's annoying when people tell me that I'll regret it and it's like why the f*** do you care?! It's my body && if I regret it then I'll regret it. Big Deal.

GAH. So anyways.


I've decided on a tattoo. =]

_________________
ImageImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 253 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 13  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
[ Time : 0.165s | 13 Queries | GZIP : Off ]