WatchmenComicMovie.com Forum

Talk about the Watchmen comic book mini-series and film
It is currently Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:49 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 253 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: Watchmen Tattoos
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:46 pm 
I DID IT!

023 wrote:
Here it is as promised!!! :D
http://i453.photobucket.com/albums/qq259/Athletic_Jimmy_Shot_Mel/IMGP0880.jpg

Thinking of getting the Watchmen army patch on my other shoulder too.

Great stuff! :D I say go for the army patch, I love that design.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:25 pm 
So impotent.

Just had this done a week ago. Getting another Watchmen tattoo in the next few weeks (The Latin Quote)

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b396/ ... nbomb2.jpg

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b396/ ... nbomb1.jpg

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:29 pm 
…a puppet who can see the strings.

Wow, very nice!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:42 pm 
So impotent.

Thanks man. :) Love some of the tattoos people on here have, especially the coloured Rorschach one a few pages back

Last edited by IvanD on Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:53 pm 
Alien Squid Monster

wow that is beautiful.
i always loved that frame.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:11 pm 
Alien Squid Monster

god damn.... thats outstanding....

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:21 pm 
Close to locating a gluino.

BASTARD!!!

i was going to get that in january!!!

...still... at least i know it can look awesome!!!

how much did that set you back?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:30 pm 
So impotent.

Didn't set me back anything as i'm friends with my tattooist, him and his brother have both done all my work so far, and i have quite alot of tattoos, so they give me freebies now and again. Was supposed to be around £180 tho (i'm british)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:57 am 
Crimebuster

Tis awesome!!!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:12 pm 
I DID IT!

That's really sweet, fair play!
Was planning on getting that done down the left side of my torso for my birthday recently, but finances plotted against me. Will hopefully be getting it done around the end of January-beginning of February.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:19 pm 
So impotent.

nc8wy

Last edited by IvanD on Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:43 am 
Vigilante

It's always tempting to get a tattoo the moment you are legally of age to do so without anyone stopping you. I don't want to fall into the trap that some of my friends have and get a ridiculous and/or ugly tattoo I'll regret in ten seconds simply because I can.

That being said, I've often considered the vivarium smear from issue 11, perhaps on my shoulder. It's sufficiently girly, and (as you guys seem to call it) stealth-geek. However, I don't just want to be seen as yet another chick with a butterfly tattoo. ><

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:36 am 
Crimebuster

Oh geez.... all of you with a Watchmen-related tattoo... ARE MY HEROES. Haha.

I've been thinking about having my 2nd tattoo be dedicated to Watchmen.
It's a tie between Rorschach's "logo" && the blood-stained smiley.
I'm just having issues with choosing one [I'll prolly end up with both but which one first?] & where to put it!

My friends think i'm crazy for getting a tattoo dedicated to Watchmen... but then again they think i'm such a "nerdy girl" for being so obsessed with the GN anyways. :D

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:10 pm 
Nothing ever ends.

You guys are all gonna regret this in 30 years -_-

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:18 pm 
A pretty butterfly.

SmilingSymmetry wrote:
You guys are all gonna regret this in 30 years -_-

I highly doubt they will. If they love the book enough to get a tattoo of it I don't see anything diminishing that love 30 years from now. Besides, a tattoo like the ones here are better than most of the meaningless and bland tattoos people have nowadays.

That's also a disturbing line of thinking. Is that how you make your all of your decisions in life? How it will effect you 30 years from now?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:05 am 
Nothing ever ends.

Sasso wrote:
I highly doubt they will. If they love the book enough to get a tattoo of it I don't see anything diminishing that love 30 years from now. Besides, a tattoo like the ones here are better than most of the meaningless and bland tattoos people have nowadays.

That's also a disturbing line of thinking. Is that how you make your all of your decisions in life? How it will effect you 30 years from now?

No, I don't pour my coffee wondering how it will affect me in 30 years. Why'd you even ask that? Is it not okay to question the logic of getting something permanently etched into your skin? Something about a comic book?

And as they are permanent, there can be several situations where they were a bad decision. Trying to pick up a girl who's not a complete nerd, explaining to your grandson why there's a double r on your wrist...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:14 am 
Genetically-Altered Lynx

A real man doesn't explain his tattoos, he just growls and threatens you for asking stupid questions.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:16 pm 
Crimebuster

Quote:
No, I don't pour my coffee wondering how it will affect me in 30 years. Why'd you even ask that? Is it not okay to question the logic of getting something permanently etched into your skin? Something about a comic book?

And as they are permanent, there can be several situations where they were a bad decision. Trying to pick up a girl who's not a complete nerd, explaining to your grandson why there's a double r on your wrist...

I don't see why having to explain to your grandson about your Watchmen tattoo would make it a bad decision.

&& anyways all my tattoos are so small that if I do "regret" them in 30 years... then I can easily have them tattooed over.
But i'll be 48 by then so i'll prolly have far worse things to worry about than a tiny double R on my shoulder blade.

But anyways. I can see your point with the whole thing though, SmilingSymmetry.
I always have people telling me that so sorry if I come across as snippy. I've just heard it so many times. :D

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:58 pm 
A pretty butterfly.

SmilingSymmetry wrote:
Sasso wrote:

Is it not okay to question the logic of getting something permanently etched into your skin? Something about a comic book?

So what if it's about a comic book? Why do you care so much about what other people may think? Perhaps Watchmen means more to someone than what other people may think about comic books?

SmilingSymmetry wrote:

So when people get a tattoo they should take into account how it will effect their ability to "pick up" girls? Why would explaining the tattoo to their grandson be taken into account? I know I would be happy to explain the meaning behind such a tattoo and why I got it.

People with your thinking towards tattoos irk me to no end. You're far more concerned with what other people think about you and fitting into social norms rather than doing things that you want to do or doing things that mean something to you and make you happy. Stop criticizing people's decisions because they don't fit into what you would consider normal or rational, especially because the main thing influencing your thinking is how other people may perceive you.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:07 pm 
Crimebuster

Quote:
People with your thinking towards tattoos irk me to no end. You're far more concerned with what other people think about you and fitting into social norms rather than doing things that you want to do or doing things that mean something to you and make you happy. Stop criticizing people's decisions because they don't fit into what you would consider normal or rational, especially because the main thing influencing your thinking is how other people may perceive you.

THANK YOU!!! Haha.
It's annoying when people tell me that I'll regret it and it's like why the f*** do you care?! It's my body && if I regret it then I'll regret it. Big Deal.

GAH. So anyways.

I've decided on a tattoo. =]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 253 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 13  Next