WatchmenComicMovie.com Forum

Talk about the Watchmen comic book mini-series and film
It is currently Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:45 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 253 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: Watchmen Tattoos
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:35 pm 
Alien Squid Monster

I'm hoping to get this one (previously posted by someone on page 6 ) Image on my wrist, about 2 inches

Could any brits tell me roughly how much that might cost?

Thanks

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:02 pm 
...look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!

The first tattoos I remember seeing were on the arms of my badass, hard-case uncle when I was a wee kiddie. They were faded blurs of sailor-tatt oddness that I absolutely loved. One of my earlier ones is starting to do this now. Yeeeaaaahh...

I'm considering a blown-up speech bubble from Watchmen.
Perhaps 'Who makes the world' with the dot-screen etc, similar to the frontispiece of the 'Who Watches The Watchmen' book.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:06 pm 
I DID IT!

Ikke av flesk wrote:
I'm hoping to get this one (previously posted by someone on page 6 ) Image on my wrist, about 2 inches

Could any brits tell me roughly how much that might cost?

Thanks

Mine cost £15. Bargain!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:45 pm 
Alien Squid Monster

Yeah, but you're in wales! Thats unfair.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:47 am 
I DID IT!

Ikke av flesk wrote:

Hey, you asked the Brit members how much they cost. Last time I checked, Wales was still part of Britain ;)
It can't be too hard to get to the capital city of Wales. Cardiff has it's own airport after all!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:59 pm 
Crimebuster

:roll:

Last edited by 023 on Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:32 am 
Alien Squid Monster

Apologies for the crappy resolution, but this is what I had done yesterday morning on the side of my wrist (note the dressing hanging off!)

Thanks to Lord Ruthven for posting that photoshopped image -I've wanted this done for a long time, I'm not a bad artist but I could never copy the symbol to a quality I was happy with.

This is my second tatt - priced up my 3rd yesterday whilst I was at it - the window panel from p6 of the GN :D

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:34 pm 
I DID IT!

No probs on the image. Nice tatt btw ;)

Where are you planning to haing the window panel tattoo done?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:14 pm 
Alien Squid Monster

Thanks. I wonder if anyone else has this? Ha ha :D

I'm looking at getting it at on the top section of my inner left forearm. I already have a smallish tatt towards my wrist, but it leaves me with just the right amount of space to get almost the whole vertical length of the pic without losing the scale. I will cut off the majority of the right hand of the panel so horizontally it will run from just before the left window pane edge to approx the fourth window across on the skyrise to the right.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:05 pm 
Alien Squid Monster

I got the same tattoo as the guy with the previous picture just the other day when i was coming back from college. I wanted to get rorshachs signiature on me for a while but i spontaneriously decided to go get it done on thursday.

rachtheweevil how much did yours cost? Mine is the same design but smaller.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:14 am 
Vigilante

rachtheweevil wrote:

Apologies for the crappy resolution, but this is what I had done yesterday morning on the side of my wrist (note the dressing hanging off!)

Thanks to Lord Ruthven for posting that photoshopped image -I've wanted this done for a long time, I'm not a bad artist but I could never copy the symbol to a quality I was happy with.

This is my second tatt - priced up my 3rd yesterday whilst I was at it - the window panel from p6 of the GN :D

Looking good. I was actually contemplating the entire window panel as well from page 6. It was either that or page 27 from Ch.7 with Dan and Laurie kissing. I recently got another tat of the atom bomb kiss on my right calf going down since I was chilling with a tattoo artist a couple days ago. Unfortunately I was only visiting his state for a few days so I couldn't get something bigger done :cry:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:13 pm 
Alien Squid Monster

Ikke av flesk wrote:
I got the same tattoo as the guy with the previous picture just the other day when i was coming back from college. I wanted to get rorshachs signiature on me for a while but i spontaneriously decided to go get it done on thursday.

Mine was £30 although depending on where you go I saw someone mention they got it for £15! Worth every penny though, and the tattooist said he'd touch it up for free if I didn't think it was dark enough in a couple of weeks, which is cool.

Buru-Beri - Your atom bomb piece sounds awesome (do I remember that being posted a few pages back? I will have to go and check!). Where are you thinking of getting the window panel or Dan/Laurie? Or both?! I'm looking at getting mine done in black/white/grey as I think it might work better than in colour. Plus my other two forearm tatts are black, and the koi I'm getting on my right inner arm will be black and grey so it would perhaps look more unified if I do so. I'm having my upper arm ink in colour though, so i'm sure I could squeeze a little something Watchmen related around there too :D

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:16 am 
Alien Squid Monster

Lord Ruthven wrote:
Ikke av flesk wrote:

Hey, you asked the Brit members how much they cost. Last time I checked, Wales was still part of Britain ;)
It can't be too hard to get to the capital city of Wales. Cardiff has it's own airport after all!

What are you talking about? Don't you all live in caves and hovels in the valleys? ;)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:01 pm 
Vigilante

rachtheweevil wrote:
Ikke av flesk wrote:

Mine was £30 although depending on where you go I saw someone mention they got it for £15! Worth every penny though, and the tattooist said he'd touch it up for free if I didn't think it was dark enough in a couple of weeks, which is cool.

Buru-Beri - Your atom bomb piece sounds awesome (do I remember that being posted a few pages back? I will have to go and check!). Where are you thinking of getting the window panel or Dan/Laurie? Or both?! I'm looking at getting mine done in black/white/grey as I think it might work better than in colour. Plus my other two forearm tatts are black, and the koi I'm getting on my right inner arm will be black and grey so it would perhaps look more unified if I do so. I'm having my upper arm ink in colour though, so i'm sure I could squeeze a little something Watchmen related around there too :D

I'll be getting it on my rib cage. The atom bomb piece isn't as original but indefinitely one of my favorite reoccurring images throughout the novel. I'm getting the panel piece in color since the rest [minus the atom bomb kiss] that I have are in color. My left sleeve is almost done and is mostly in bright blues, greens, and red. I've got a small chest piece done below my collar bones that are also in color. We should all just post pics of normal tats too! I love ink if anyone was obvlivious enough not to realize ;)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:44 am 
Alien Squid Monster

Inked.com has an interview with Malin Ackerman but besides that, theyve done a page of Watchmen tattoos, featuring some familiar ones from this thread :P

http://www.inkedmag.com/gallery/topic/watchmen/

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:19 am 
So impotent.

I have been thinking of tattoos for a bit now and I think, if I were to get a Watchmen tattoo, it would have to be the image of Bernard and Bernie hugging as they die. That one moment just complete sumarizes everything the GN has to tell us. That one image means so much to me. Actually, does anyone have a scan of that image? I haven't been able to find it anywhere, and I can't get a scan from my copy. The tattoos you guys have here are brilliant!

Who was the one that is getting the giant squid panel done? When will it be done?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 1:29 pm 
…a puppet who can see the strings.

I can upload the scan if you like...

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 2:09 pm 
So impotent.

I would so appreciate it, if you would!

Another tattoo I would get is the vivarium smear posted a few pages back. I would get that done on my inner forearm.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 2:14 pm 
…a puppet who can see the strings.

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j313/ ... en1128.jpg

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 2:45 pm 
So impotent.

Thank you!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 253 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next