WatchmenComicMovie.com Forum

Talk about the Watchmen comic book mini-series and film
It is currently Wed May 27, 2020 5:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 361 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 19  Next
 Post subject: Re: WATCHMEN TRANSFORMED
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:19 am 
Tired of Earth.

Project862006 wrote:
does'nt rorshach cut a guys arms off in prison in book

No, he doesn't. He ties a guy up and breaks his fingers, but he doesn't cut arms clean off.

To be fair, however, I never entirely understood how cutting Larry's neck made the lock easier to get to. Even after that, they still would have had to get around the corpse. Cutting the arms off may be more grotesque, but I should think it would be a more efficient method of getting the job done.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:23 am 
Alien Squid Monster

Curiosity Inc. wrote:
To be fair, however, I never entirely understood how cutting Larry's neck made the lock easier to get to.

YA! I thought that was weird too.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:25 am 
Genetically-Altered Lynx

that is true

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:42 am 
Alien Squid Monster

ThermoDynamicMiracle wrote:
Curiosity Inc. wrote:
To be fair, however, I never entirely understood how cutting Larry's neck made the lock easier to get to.

YA! I thought that was weird too.

me too. i figure they killed him for two reasons: one, because he was stupid enough to get himself into this situation - big figure doesn´t take too kindly to idiots. two, when he´s dead larry will just be a "dead weight" to handle. they can burn him and the lock with minor difficulties. i think this was easier than trying to cut of his arm - i really don´t think you could saw through bone with a shiv.
yikes. all in all, it´s not pleasant thinking about these alternatives.
but i loved the prison scene for the up close and personal threat and for the down to earth violence. i really do hope they will go easy on the gore. this is "watchmen", not the "texas chainsaw massacre", for bob´s sake.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:41 am 
Thermodynamic Miracle

And where exactly do you get a chainsaw in prison?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:44 am 
Alien Squid Monster

Ronch Ronch Ronch wrote:
And where exactly do you get a chainsaw in prison?

Haha, that is exactly what I was about to ask. The welding gear for repairing metal and such I might understand. Maybe they have trees on the prison grounds?

Post subject: Violent New Continent
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:45 am 
A brother to dragons.

Practicality of cutting "Fat Chance's" neck aside, it did allow for an arterial spray to gush forth, leaving a certain someone "without stain."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:01 am 
Gazing into the abyss.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Rorschach jumping out of the fridge one of THE best moments in the GN????

You can depict a fucking glowing blue giant stomping about, ka-blooeying Vietcong with his finger, but you can't have Rorschach leaping out of a fridge.

I swear to God.........

FUCK. FUCK. Every bit I read about Rorschach makes it sound like they've hunkered down and taken a great, curry flecked, dump all over him as a character. They don't have the building burning down??? He kidnaps Long???? And what the hell is that Dr Lechter line all about??? Shit, shit, shit, shit, shit.

I bloody hope Snyder's come to his senses and put some of that stuff back in.

I assumed he cut the landlady scene because he had shortened the prison stuff completely. Instead we get an extended fight which looks godawful from the footage we've seen, this kidnap, and Rorschach killing Big Figure.

Last edited by Kingmob on Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:08 am 
A pretty butterfly.

Kingmob wrote:
I swear to God.........

...That you complain too much?

I loved that bit too but come on...if they had to cut the two Moloch meetings down to one then I can live without Rorschach jumping out of the fridge, even if it will be sorely missed.

There's alot more things that I'm concerned about in the movie than that.

http://vimeo.com/korireaymackey

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:08 am 
Genetically-Altered Lynx

how is that one of the best moments lol

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:17 am 
A pretty butterfly.

Yeah like it was awesome but I doubt audiences would be like "Dude! Did you see the part where the big blue guy was blowing the fuck outta people!? And when that Raw Shark dude crushes that glass in that guys hand! Ouch, right! And that bit where he jumps outta the fridge!"

No. They wouldn't.

Things need to be cut down. If all the things that made Watchmen memorable (except the ending because it obviously gone) then its still Watchmen. If you want the exact version of the GN just go read the GN...simple.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:24 am 
Gazing into the abyss.

Lil Bernie, that's my opinion. I know a lot of people who love the book just as much as me, and along with bits like the house burning down, they wanted to see the fridge leap scene.

Now, hey, you don't care for it. That's fine. But 5 posts in, let's not assume you understand the overall feeling of this board when it comes to the details of the book, m'kay?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:29 am 
Thermodynamic Miracle

Lil' Bernie wrote:
Yeah like it was awesome but I doubt audiences would be like "Dude! Did you see the part where the big blue guy was blowing the fuck outta people!? And when that Raw Shark dude crushes that glass in that guys hand! Ouch, right!

haha Raw Shark. thats so great. i could actually see someone saying his name like that. since Dan is the one going to see Adrian now i guess we wont get to hear the famous "possible homosexual. must remember to investigate further." thats one of my favorite lines, but thats ok. overall i think we have to like what we're hearing from The Guard. im sure most of the things we're worried about now will be unnoticeable in the end product or just fixed by Snyder when he got to that scene.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:31 am 
A brother to dragons.

Kingmob wrote:
Lil Bernie, that's my opinion. I know a lot of people who love the book just as much as me, and along with bits like the house burning down, they wanted to see the fridge leap scene.

Now, hey, you don't care for it. That's fine. But 5 posts in, let's not assume you understand the overall feeling of this board when it comes to the details of the book, m'kay?

So civil.

I agree with Kingmob. There are certain character beats that seem ludicrous to take out. The fridge, Dan's impotence, "I did it thirty-five minutes ago," Blake's line "the American dream, you're looking at it," the list goes on.

But hey, that's me, I'm not a successful screenwriter like Hayter, Tse, Orci, Kurtzman, and who ever else had their grubby paws all over the screenplay. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm off to go watch the wonderfully layered and deep Transformers movie.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:32 am 
A pretty butterfly.

Kingmob wrote:

Oh I do know lol. I've been lurking for a while, and I can say pretty confidently that some of you guys go pretty crazy over such small things. You guys should all calm down. A 10 page argument on the shot of Rorschach jumping up onto a scaffolding is just silly.

I came to this forum knowing well what many of the users on here are like, but that doesn't mean I'm going to go along with it if you guys are acting like retards.

BTW, I'm pretty devastated that the house burning scene was left out. As well as the story behind RRs "face". Hopefully they end up back in the movie somehow.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:35 am 
…a puppet who can see the strings.

Kingmob wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Rorschach jumping out of the fridge one of THE best moments in the GN????

Gibbons' art made that frame. If they couldn't depict it as well on screen I'm okay with the decision.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:36 am 
Dog Carcass in Alley

Lil' Bernie wrote:
but that doesn't mean I'm going to go along with it if you guys are acting like retards.

And who is acting retarded?. Show some respect, new guy.

"Heard them Walthers like to jump some" "As will you, with one in your elbow."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:39 am 
A pretty butterfly.

t3cii wrote:
Lil' Bernie wrote:
but that doesn't mean I'm going to go along with it if you guys are acting like retards.

And who is acting retarded?. Show some respect, new guy.

Apologies, I wasn't directly calling anybody a "retard". Just referring to how people get so worked up about essentially nothing.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:42 am 
Gazing into the abyss.

Lil' Bernie wrote:
Kingmob wrote:

Oh I do know lol. I've been lurking for a while, and I can say pretty confidently that some of you guys go pretty crazy over such small things. You guys should all calm down. A 10 page argument on the shot of Rorschach jumping up onto a scaffolding is just silly.

I came to this forum knowing well what many of the users on here are like, but that doesn't mean I'm going to go along with it if you guys are acting like retards.

BTW, I'm pretty devastated that the house burning scene was left out. As well as the story behind RRs "face". Hopefully they end up back in the movie somehow.

If you'd been lurking as much as you say, you'd realise this isn't the board for people who don't care so much for the fine detail. And calling out regulars as retards is way up there as one of the dumbest things I've read on here, and that's coming from someone who's had to read his stuff back after a morning with no coffee.

We've explained this to enough people on here. You don't like the way the board is? Then. Just. Leave.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:45 am 
Gazing into the abyss.

AYBGerrardo wrote:
Kingmob wrote:

Gibbons' art made that frame. If they couldn't depict it as well on screen I'm okay with the decision.

You're probably right, but it's bits like that that make Rorschach sing for me as a character. It's such a batshit thing to do, and subsequently would be a truly unique thing to see onscreen.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 361 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 19  Next