WatchmenComicMovie.com Forum

Talk about the Watchmen comic book mini-series and film
It is currently Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:47 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 406 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 21  Next
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:26 am 
Genetically-Altered Lynx

on itunes you can see comic con preview footage it shows HQ new footage go dld now i would post but its in like mpeg4 format

shows stuff like Rorschach in comedian's apartment
rorschach interrogating moloch
janey throwing ear rings at dr Manhattan in beautiful slo mo
comedian knocking out a protester after his leap from owl ship
laurie taking off cover of owl ship in basement
a good close up of adrian in purple suit
dan at funeral
dan clutching pin in basement sitting on bench with costume behind him

and much more it all looks fucking awesome

[NOTE: You can download the footage here. --"Curiosity Inc."]

Post subject: Re: OMG
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:50 am 
Alien Squid Monster

Kickass, downloading now. For the first time in months I actually have a use for iTunes. Apparently there's a Watchmen iPhone app too, hadn't heard about that before.

"When Watchmen was first published as a serialized story in 1986, Rorschach breaking a finger to get information was shocking. Heroes didn't act like that. Today Jack Bauer breaks a barista's finger to order a latte."

Post subject: Re: OMG
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:51 am 
New Frontiersman

Project862006 wrote:
on itunes you can see comic con preview footage it shows HQ new footage go dld now i would post but its in like mpeg4 format

shows stuff like Rorschach in comedian's apartment
rorschach interrogating moloch
janey throwing ear rings at dr Manhattan in beautiful slo mo
comedian knocking out a protester after his leap from owl ship
laurie taking off cover of owl ship in basement
a good close up of adrian in purple suit
dan at funeral
dan clutching pin in basement sitting on bench with costume behind him

and much more it all looks fucking awesome

Direct link, anyone? I couldn't find it (no Itunes software here). Some of these things listed were not in the Comic Con footage (Comedian knocking out a protestor, the slo-mo rings, Dan at the funeral, Rorschach with Moloch).

-Bill Watterson

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:59 am 
Alien Squid Monster

Looks like they cut down the violence quite a bit for this version. The actual ComicCon footage was supposedly pretty gory in Vietnam and showed Ostermann pulled apart layer by layer. Any idea who Nite Owl was beating the shit out of? The background doesn't look familiar. A flashback, maybe? Doesn't look like Karnak.
Anyone else catch young Walter Kovacs in there too? I don't think it was winter when he blinded the other kid in the book, but with the way he's looking up it looks like it's the same scene.

"When Watchmen was first published as a serialized story in 1986, Rorschach breaking a finger to get information was shocking. Heroes didn't act like that. Today Jack Bauer breaks a barista's finger to order a latte."

Last edited by Opium Sandwich on Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:06 am 
Tired of Earth.

Sensational. Every frame of it.

Opium Sandwich wrote:
Anyone else catch young Walter Kovacs in there too?

Yes, and he looked just the right amount of disturbed. I believe that was just after a shot of Veidt, who looked considerably more badass than any close-up shot we've seen of him yet (though that isn't saying much, unfortunately). Not villainous, mind you, just tough.

I'm a touch disappointed by Janey Slater in the opening, though: I thought she'd have been older by that point in the story. Also, I'm not sure if the slowed-down earrings were meant to serve as some sort of visual motif or if it was just Dr. Manhattan's perception of time, but I'm curious to see what this will be like in context.

It's on iTunes, which means that our brethren outside the U.S. won't be able to download this in the official way. Furthermore, WB is offering this for free, so they've got nothing to lose through "piracy." To that end, I'm declaring open season on YouTube and MegaUpload until WB starts charging for this (if they ever do). We need this online in a global-friendly format immediately. Hopefully, DD can get the video here on the site before long.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:09 am 
Alien Squid Monster

Judging from the big FBI piracy warning in the file info I'm guessing they might not want it copied and that it probably has some sort of DRM on it. I guess I'll find out in a second. :twisted:

:EDIT: Yeah, it's DRM'ed alright. I'm not familiar with removing iTunes DRM and I'm not going to learn how at 3:00 AM just to get my YouTube account banned (again). Maybe if I have time tomorrow I'll break the encryption and upload it somewhere like Vimeo. They still haven't removed my Scream 2008 footage after all this time so it should be safe there.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:25 am 
Human Bean Juice

It took me two views to catch the little Walter. Reminded me of Damien from the Omen. Viedt looks like a handsome Hannibal Lecter.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:45 am 
New Frontiersman

Opium Sandwich wrote:
Any idea who Nite Owl was beating the shit out of? The background doesn't look familiar.

Pretty sure that's Happy Harry's when he learns of Hollis' death.

Loved the shots of Nixon/Kissinger; young Kovacs; all the new ink blots; watchmaker scene; picture of Laurie in Blake's apartment; a distressed Dan sitting down with Blake's button (snow suit :D ); Sally covering her eyes after the photo; Archie in full glory; Wally Weaver; Manhattan; Rumrunner jump (from behind); Comedian punching some chick during the riots; carnival; Veidt's gold brooch; Karnak; Moloch in the fridge; Dollar Bill; Dan in the rain; and "I am Pagliacci", of course ;)

- The Comedian

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 6:10 am 
Vigilante

can someone put this on RS or MU, no luck for us in Europe

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 6:17 am 
Vigilante

C2V3N777 wrote:
can someone put this on RS or MU, no luck for us in Europe

Ditto - any alternative to iTunes would be appreciated. I'm from Brazil and I don't believe in credit cards. I need to see this clip guys I'm jonesing so bad...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:01 am 
Thermodynamic Miracle

Yeah, would really appreciate it if someone could upload it elsewhere.

"Do it for meat."

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:02 am 
…a puppet who can see the strings.

*sobs*
Pllllleeeeaaaassseee upload this!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:10 am 
Watchmaker

Still not uploaded?

Come on now.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:49 am 
Alien Squid Monster

F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:50 am 
Alien Squid Monster

UPLOAD NOW!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:57 am 
Alien Squid Monster

Man, trying to get iTunes working on Linux via wine and American proxy is hard! Someone please upload this!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:40 am 
Crimebuster

I'm in Canada and was able to download this off I-Tunes no problem. As long as they are not charging for it, the country restrictions do not apply. I could always get chapter 1 of the motion comic, for instance, but none of the subsequent ones.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:43 am 
Alien Squid Monster

MoreMoorePLZ, upload it to youtube or any other service please!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:48 am 
...I am Pagliacci.

Oh my God. I had about fifteen or sixteen nerdgasms in the space of those three minutes. It's nice to see so many little details still intact - in particular, I'm referring to the earrings Dr. Manhattan bought Jenny Slater. I think Rorschach's mask looks incredible, and I'm intrigued to see how exactly they show his leap from the Rumrunner in the final film, since they show it from two angles here. Alas, it does look like the knife-throwing has remained for the opening fight, but I would argue that as long as Blake never actually lays a finger on Veidt the basic point of it will still remain. Laurie unveiling the Owlship was an awesome moment as well. I also noticed the violence in Vietnam was toned down - perhaps they edited the footage for iTunes release? I'm also glad to see they stuck with Philip Glass' music - no Muse to get in the way this time! That's the end of my rant. I'm going to go watch the footage again.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:51 am 
Alien Squid Monster

Quote:
I'm going to go watch the footage again.

can you upload it?? Damn,can anyone do it already?? It takes like few minutes to upload this on some sendspace or smth!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 406 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 21  Next