WatchmenComicMovie.com Forum

Talk about the Watchmen comic book mini-series and film
It is currently Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:11 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:44 pm 
Crimebuster

Sorry if this thread was made already..

But does anybody know if they plan on auctioning off some of the props used in the Watchmen film after its relief. Like the news paper clippings, magazines, etc etc. I would love to get some of this stuff.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:49 pm 
Tired of Earth.

not for a while.

only about two years ago (i believe), a man auctioned off official Star Wars props from The Empire Strikes Back.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:34 pm 
New Frontiersman

I've got some of the glass from the window Rorschach leaps out of on his Rumrunner leap. And I'm the only one with this collectible since I was the only one who saved any of the glass from all 3 takes of the leap. Any offers? :D

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:51 pm 
Tired of Earth.

Mr. Ex wrote:
I've got some of the glass from the window Rorschach leaps out of on his Rumrunner leap. And I'm the only one with this collectible since I was the only one who saved any of the glass from all 3 takes of the leap. Any offers? :D

$5.00 USD

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:30 pm 
Alien Squid Monster

WJK wrote:
Mr. Ex wrote:

$5.00 USD

$5.01 USD

Fuckers.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:30 pm 
Nothing ever ends.

Well, I have the Vietnam patch from Mr. Snyder himself, but you ain't gettin' it.

edit: I do know that some of the crew departments made commemorative items like t-shirts and stuff.

Last edited by HappyHarry on Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:37 pm 
A brother to dragons.

Mr. Ex wrote:

I'll offer a garbage can to help you dispose of it before someone gets hurt. You guys should know better than to play with broken glass.

HappyHarry wrote:
Well, I have the Vietnam patch from Mr. Snyder himself, but you ain't gettin' it.

$5.00 USD.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:39 pm 
Nothing ever ends.

Broken Finger wrote:
HappyHarry wrote:

$5.00 USD.

Someone's been selling knock-offs on eBay already.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:43 pm 
Nothing ever ends.

How 'bout Rorschach's coat, complete with stink?

Or a chewed up cigar?

Or a rubber nipple?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:00 pm 
Alien Squid Monster

Broken Finger wrote:

In comparison to the real patches, how do the rip-offs look? Do they look like the real deal?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:03 pm 
I DID IT!

HappyHarry wrote:

Or a rubber nipple?

No, sir. I don't like it.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:03 am 
Nothing ever ends.

JorelEsquire wrote:
Broken Finger wrote:

In comparison to the real patches, how do the rip-offs look? Do they look like the real deal?

The only way to find out may be to buy one. The image they use in the auctions is the exact same image I submitted to this site with my hasty write-up of the paintball day on-set.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:43 pm 
New Frontiersman

Hey, I forgot my biggest WATCHMEN "prop": my jacket. I threw this on when I went to my first costume fitting for the movie and they loved it, insisting I wear it for the New York street stuff, which I was happy to do. Even Michael Wilkinson commented to me on how much he loved my jacket in the line up check before we went to set for the first time.

This made me one of the few extras (maybe the only one) who got to take his wardrobe home since it was mine to begin with. Sure made changing at the end of the day all the faster. I just turned in the baseball cap, sweatshirt and boots and I was good to go. Most of the extras had full changes into retro 80s wear. Me, I showed up with my jacket and jeans and just had to change my shirt, shoes and cap.

So you might just see me on screen, hanging with the Bernies in my own coat. Now, let's see, what can I get for a piece of screen worn wardrobe... :D

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:33 pm 
…a puppet who can see the strings.

WJK wrote:
$5.00 USD

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:49 pm 
Watchmaker

Cheap bastards! :D

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:44 pm 
Tired of Earth.

Mr. Ex wrote:
Hey, I forgot my biggest WATCHMEN "prop": my jacket. I threw this on when I went to my first costume fitting for the movie and they loved it, insisting I wear it for the New York street stuff, which I was happy to do. Even Michael Wilkinson commented to me on how much he loved my jacket in the line up check before we went to set for the first time.

This made me one of the few extras (maybe the only one) who got to take his wardrobe home since it was mine to begin with. Sure made changing at the end of the day all the faster. I just turned in the baseball cap, sweatshirt and boots and I was good to go. Most of the extras had full changes into retro 80s wear. Me, I showed up with my jacket and jeans and just had to change my shirt, shoes and cap.

So you might just see me on screen, hanging with the Bernies in my own coat. Now, let's see, what can I get for a piece of screen worn wardrobe... :D

$10.00 USD

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:00 pm 
…a puppet who can see the strings.

This does include delivery, right?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:04 pm 
Existence is random.

Mr. Ex wrote:

Do you deliver worldwide?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:20 pm 
New Frontiersman

Hey, keep the bidding going! When the price for my jacket hits $10,000 it's sold! And that will include free shipping!

Speaking of collectibles. Back in September, while on the set of the soon-to-be-classic Cats and Dogs 2, one of the crew had a WATCHMEN crew shirt and on the back was a quote from Rorschach. It was his "never surrender, even int he face of Armageddon..." Sorry, paraphrasing here. I've yet to see one of these on ebay or elsewhere. One thing is certain, the shirt was not home made. It was definitely given out to part of the film crew.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:08 pm 
Gazing into the abyss.

So basically they were saying you need to update your wardrobe. Hell of a compliment.....