WatchmenComicMovie.com Forum

Talk about the Watchmen comic book mini-series and film
It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:47 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Image restrictions?
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:10 pm 
Nothing ever ends.

Location: She is all States, and all Princes, I, nothing else is.
Is there any way to expand the in-post image restrictions ("Your image may only be up to ___ pixels high/wide")? I don't know how many times I've had to edit and re-edit photos just so they could fit this restriction, when the photos weren't really that big to begin with (They were perhaps 10 pixels too much). It's especially crippling when posting multiple images, since the forum doesn't tell you which picture is over the limit and then you have to go through them one by one.

Obviously I understand the need to stop huge photos from hindering page loading speeds, but allowing the photos to be just a little bigger would be appreciated.

While I'm at it I might as well report a glitch too: Randomly, when I'm posting an image that actually fits the 640x480 restriction, the forum still tells me that it's over the limit and will not let me submit my post unless I repeatedly click "Submit" until it goes through. I know it fits the limit because I've encountered scenarios where the picture loads under "Preview", but once I click "Submit" it says that it doesn't fit the limit and I have to hammer away at "Submit" again.

And then you get into the whole issue of "Is one out of my many pictures (that the forum won't tell me which one) actually too big...or does it actually fit the image limit and just is under the "Submit" glitch?

Thanks, and I hope this gets resolved! 8-)

Post subject: Re: Image restrictions?
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:27 pm 
The Watcher

JiangWei23 wrote:
Is there any way to expand the in-post image restrictions ("Your image may only be up to ___ pixels high/wide")? I don't know how many times I've had to edit and re-edit photos just so they could fit this restriction, when the photos weren't really that big to begin with (They were perhaps 10 pixels too much). It's especially crippling when posting multiple images, since the forum doesn't tell you which picture is over the limit and then you have to go through them one by one.

Obviously I understand the need to stop huge photos from hindering page loading speeds, but allowing the photos to be just a little bigger would be appreciated.

While I'm at it I might as well report a glitch too: Randomly, when I'm posting an image that actually fits the 640x480 restriction, the forum still tells me that it's over the limit and will not let me submit my post unless I repeatedly click "Submit" until it goes through. I know it fits the limit because I've encountered scenarios where the picture loads under "Preview", but once I click "Submit" it says that it doesn't fit the limit and I have to hammer away at "Submit" again.

And then you get into the whole issue of "Is one out of my many pictures (that the forum won't tell me which one) actually too big...or does it actually fit the image limit and just is under the "Submit" glitch?

Thanks, and I hope this gets resolved! 8-)

Okay... someone just tell me where in the contarol panel I do that? AYB?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:33 pm 
…a puppet who can see the strings.

Hooray!
Okay, ACP>Board Configuration (under the General tab)>Post settings

There's fields for Maximum Height and Maximum Width of images within posts. If you could put those up a bit I'd be very grateful...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:02 pm 
Genetically-Altered Lynx

Our long national nightmare is over!

It'll make posting pictures and sharing info a lot easier now that we don't have to scale everything down. Thanks, Jiang, for bringing this up.