WatchmenComicMovie.com Forum


Talk about the Watchmen comic book mini-series and film
It is currently Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:51 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3448 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Women
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:55 pm 
Offline
I don't think there is a god. And if there is I'm nothing like him.
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:26 pm
Posts: 5401
Location: Knee Deep in the Dead
Dr. Brooklyn wrote:
As of last night I can no longer see, only on my girlfriends profile, that we're in a relationship; It still says it on mine though. Also, on her tumblr bio she used to have a line about the person she's been n love with since she was 16 (me) and... that's gone too. she says that she can still see our relationship status and she got a new theme the other day on tumblr... but since I mentioned it to her she's both updated Tumblr and her facebook profile... and neither are visible.

Then, she said she's "not feeling well" so she probably won't be hanging out with our friends tonight like she has on pretty much every Thursday for the last year... i know she says she's not feeling well, but she pretty much always says she's not feeling well.

I'm kind of upset, because she's been emotional lately and I feel like these are the Silver Surfer to a Galactus sized break up...

I don't know what to do guys...

Talk to her about it man? Have a sit-down discussion. I think you need to, otherwise it'll just continue as is, possibly getting worse.

_________________
My letterboxd

I'll be right back. I gotta go see a man about a mule.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Women
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:15 pm 
Offline
...you're locked in here with me!
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 22, 2008 9:19 pm
Posts: 10658
Location: Arkham, Mass.
NiteOwl wrote:
Dr. Brooklyn wrote:
As of last night I can no longer see, only on my girlfriends profile, that we're in a relationship; It still says it on mine though. Also, on her tumblr bio she used to have a line about the person she's been n love with since she was 16 (me) and... that's gone too. she says that she can still see our relationship status and she got a new theme the other day on tumblr... but since I mentioned it to her she's both updated Tumblr and her facebook profile... and neither are visible.

Then, she said she's "not feeling well" so she probably won't be hanging out with our friends tonight like she has on pretty much every Thursday for the last year... i know she says she's not feeling well, but she pretty much always says she's not feeling well.

I'm kind of upset, because she's been emotional lately and I feel like these are the Silver Surfer to a Galactus sized break up...

I don't know what to do guys...

Talk to her about it man? Have a sit-down discussion. I think you need to, otherwise it'll just continue as is, possibly getting worse.


I actually did talk to her about it, and when she updated her privacy settings she made all her info private... and the situation has been rectified.

_________________
@RealSlimCAvery
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Women
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:32 pm 
Offline
Tired of Earth.
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:01 am
Posts: 8041
Location: Clackamas, OR
Ask her out. If she agrees, then you can spend some time catching up before addressing any lingering concerns you still have.

If she says she's too busy or whatever, then keep trying until she finally dumps you or you've decided that enough is enough, whichever comes first. All the while, keep your options open and quietly start planning for what to do when the breakup comes.

_________________
This is truly a madhouse. And I'm the lunatic running it. I've spent three years wondering if I should be proud or ashamed.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Women
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:47 pm 
Offline
Labored long to build a heaven.
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:48 pm
Posts: 12480
Location: Monster Island (Really New York)
Tell your girlfriend she's being lame.

That's all I got, she's just being lame.

_________________
"The world is a fine place and worth fighting for." I agree with the second part.
Image
"There's a cello in your house now."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Women
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:09 pm 
Offline
I don't think there is a god. And if there is I'm nothing like him.
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:26 pm
Posts: 5401
Location: Knee Deep in the Dead
Dr. Brooklyn wrote:
NiteOwl wrote:
Dr. Brooklyn wrote:
As of last night I can no longer see, only on my girlfriends profile, that we're in a relationship; It still says it on mine though. Also, on her tumblr bio she used to have a line about the person she's been n love with since she was 16 (me) and... that's gone too. she says that she can still see our relationship status and she got a new theme the other day on tumblr... but since I mentioned it to her she's both updated Tumblr and her facebook profile... and neither are visible.

Then, she said she's "not feeling well" so she probably won't be hanging out with our friends tonight like she has on pretty much every Thursday for the last year... i know she says she's not feeling well, but she pretty much always says she's not feeling well.

I'm kind of upset, because she's been emotional lately and I feel like these are the Silver Surfer to a Galactus sized break up...

I don't know what to do guys...

Talk to her about it man? Have a sit-down discussion. I think you need to, otherwise it'll just continue as is, possibly getting worse.


I actually did talk to her about it, and when she updated her privacy settings she made all her info private... and the situation has been rectified.

Good rectified? Bad rectified? not being nosy. Just hope it turned out okay man.

_________________
My letterboxd

I'll be right back. I gotta go see a man about a mule.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Women
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:00 am 
Offline
...you're locked in here with me!
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 22, 2008 9:19 pm
Posts: 10658
Location: Arkham, Mass.
It's all good, it was just a misunderstanding, she changed her privacy settings and didn't realize everything that was hidden, but she changed it back.

_________________
@RealSlimCAvery
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Women
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:05 am 
Offline
Labored long to build a heaven.
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:48 pm
Posts: 12480
Location: Monster Island (Really New York)
Dr. Brooklyn wrote:
It's all good, it was just a misunderstanding, she changed her privacy settings and didn't realize everything that was hidden, but she changed it back.

Awesome, I'm glad that everything's fine. Tell her I'm sorry I called her lame.

(It'll be funny because you never told her I did in the first place.

_________________
"The world is a fine place and worth fighting for." I agree with the second part.
Image
"There's a cello in your house now."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Women
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:50 am 
Offline
I don't think there is a god. And if there is I'm nothing like him.
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:26 pm
Posts: 5401
Location: Knee Deep in the Dead
Godziller66 wrote:
Dr. Brooklyn wrote:
It's all good, it was just a misunderstanding, she changed her privacy settings and didn't realize everything that was hidden, but she changed it back.

Awesome, I'm glad that everything's fine. Tell her I'm sorry I called her lame.

(It'll be funny because you never told her I did in the first place.

I was at church with my family one time, and I was walking through the main hall area...
and it was pretty much FULL of people.
And I have my back to these two girls, and they're talking and I'm just drinking my pepsi.
And this guilty looking mad kid, maybe 12-13 comes storming up to them, and he says to one...
"I'm sorry I called you a freak! OKAY?" and then storms off...
and the girl was like... :shock:
And I turned around to look at her and she's like...
"He had called me a freak...? I don't even know that kid... o_o"

We all laughed so hard...

_________________
My letterboxd

I'll be right back. I gotta go see a man about a mule.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Women
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:43 am 
Offline
Government-Sponsored Weirdo
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:39 am
Posts: 7191
Location: Everywhere, Everywhen, UK.
NiteOwl wrote:
Godziller66 wrote:
Dr. Brooklyn wrote:
It's all good, it was just a misunderstanding, she changed her privacy settings and didn't realize everything that was hidden, but she changed it back.

Awesome, I'm glad that everything's fine. Tell her I'm sorry I called her lame.

(It'll be funny because you never told her I did in the first place.

I was at church with my family one time, and I was walking through the main hall area...
and it was pretty much FULL of people.
And I have my back to these two girls, and they're talking and I'm just drinking my pepsi.
And this guilty looking mad kid, maybe 12-13 comes storming up to them, and he says to one...
"I'm sorry I called you a freak! OKAY?" and then storms off...
and the girl was like... :shock:
And I turned around to look at her and she's like...
"He had called me a freak...? I don't even know that kid... o_o"

We all laughed so hard...


Sounds like his parents heard him calling her a freak and demanded he apologise :D

But to be fair, she was in a church, that is pretty freaky, and so was he, and it takes one to know one... just sayin' :P

_________________
We're all actors, Laurie. I'm just an actor who read the script. :?
ImageImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Women
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:47 am 
Offline
Dog Carcass in Alley
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:55 am
Posts: 6493
Location: Toronto, Ont, Canada
AvatarIII wrote:
NiteOwl wrote:
Godziller66 wrote:
Dr. Brooklyn wrote:
It's all good, it was just a misunderstanding, she changed her privacy settings and didn't realize everything that was hidden, but she changed it back.

Awesome, I'm glad that everything's fine. Tell her I'm sorry I called her lame.

(It'll be funny because you never told her I did in the first place.

I was at church with my family one time, and I was walking through the main hall area...
and it was pretty much FULL of people.
And I have my back to these two girls, and they're talking and I'm just drinking my pepsi.
And this guilty looking mad kid, maybe 12-13 comes storming up to them, and he says to one...
"I'm sorry I called you a freak! OKAY?" and then storms off...
and the girl was like... :shock:
And I turned around to look at her and she's like...
"He had called me a freak...? I don't even know that kid... o_o"

We all laughed so hard...


Sounds like his parents heard him calling her a freak and demanded he apologise :D

But to be fair, she was in a church, that is pretty freaky, and so was he, and it takes one to know one... just sayin' :P


.......

What?

_________________
Image

"Heard them Walthers like to jump some" "As will you, with one in your elbow."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Women
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:48 am 
Offline
Government-Sponsored Weirdo
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:39 am
Posts: 7191
Location: Everywhere, Everywhen, UK.
t3cii wrote:
AvatarIII wrote:
NiteOwl wrote:
Godziller66 wrote:
Dr. Brooklyn wrote:
It's all good, it was just a misunderstanding, she changed her privacy settings and didn't realize everything that was hidden, but she changed it back.

Awesome, I'm glad that everything's fine. Tell her I'm sorry I called her lame.

(It'll be funny because you never told her I did in the first place.

I was at church with my family one time, and I was walking through the main hall area...
and it was pretty much FULL of people.
And I have my back to these two girls, and they're talking and I'm just drinking my pepsi.
And this guilty looking mad kid, maybe 12-13 comes storming up to them, and he says to one...
"I'm sorry I called you a freak! OKAY?" and then storms off...
and the girl was like... :shock:
And I turned around to look at her and she's like...
"He had called me a freak...? I don't even know that kid... o_o"

We all laughed so hard...


Sounds like his parents heard him calling her a freak and demanded he apologise :D

But to be fair, she was in a church, that is pretty freaky, and so was he, and it takes one to know one... just sayin' :P


.......

What?



What "what", what?

_________________
We're all actors, Laurie. I'm just an actor who read the script. :?
ImageImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Women
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:06 pm 
Offline
I don't think there is a god. And if there is I'm nothing like him.
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:26 pm
Posts: 5401
Location: Knee Deep in the Dead
You callin' me a freak? Or yourself a freak?
Who you callin' a freak?

On another note. I got some lady troubles myself.
My girlfriend has Father issues. He used to be a horrible tyrant.
From the time she was a little kid he was horribly abusive, verbally especially.
He'd be cruel with sarcasm and little things like that. As well as the fact he used to flirt with underage girls all the time. Girls in general but she told me he'd flirt with teenage girls everywhere, all the time. Even while his wife was around.

Long story short, I get sarcastic in jest, and when we're playing video games together, I rag on her like...
"Oh you got shot IN THE FACE! Don't die next time eh?"
And she takes it personally like I'm being real mean.
I've explained to her that I'm not, that I'm not being malicious, I do this with all my friends since... forever, and they do it with me.
She dislikes swearing, she can't handle that kind of back-n-forth dialog.
A dialog I'm very used to using with our mutual friend Becky, to the point we trade "FUCK YOU's" over say... Mortal Kombat.
And we laugh it off and keep playing.

Bethany, my girlfriend takes it to heart, and we don't even get that intense. AT ALL. Ends up feeling like crap. I feel like crap for making her feel like crap.
And talking like that isn't something I've ever even had to think about. Let alone try to stop.

Should I just like... try harder? Should she get help for her Dad issues? or should I just... avoid playing video games with her for a while? I mean, the last time, we ended up having a huge discussion how she never wants to date a guy like her dad and she's afraid that I might share some of his traits. I spent hours assuring her I'm not a drunk-ass loser. She's convinced I'm not, now. But I kinda don't wanna be compared again. He's a real jackass.

_________________
My letterboxd

I'll be right back. I gotta go see a man about a mule.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Women
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:21 pm 
Offline
Government-Sponsored Weirdo
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:39 am
Posts: 7191
Location: Everywhere, Everywhen, UK.
NiteOwl wrote:
You callin' me a freak? Or yourself a freak?
Who you callin' a freak?


I'm saying maybe she is a freak, and maybe he is too, you didn't give enough information to discount that possibility.

_________________
We're all actors, Laurie. I'm just an actor who read the script. :?
ImageImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Belittle Women
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:39 pm 
Offline
New Frontiersman
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:26 pm
Posts: 317
I don't know whether you're asking us or telling us.

And certainly the ones I know aren't: felt compelled to defend them.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Women
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:57 pm 
Offline
Tired of Earth.
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:01 am
Posts: 8041
Location: Clackamas, OR
Don't worry about it, Writer. Just a spambot.

_________________
This is truly a madhouse. And I'm the lunatic running it. I've spent three years wondering if I should be proud or ashamed.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Women
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:04 pm 
Offline
Thermodynamic Miracle
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2007 5:58 pm
Posts: 276
Location: Germany
NiteOwl wrote:
Well, nobody is a true stranger around here anymore. And theres just a small group of us active anymore. But we kinda like it that way. First name basis and all. But yeah, sometimes one night stands... they're tricky. You might've regretted having it even more.
You never know. But better to be safe than sorry yeah? Heres hoping you have a better year this year. To all of us even.

So what I'm saying, if I'm saying anything at all, is welcome back! To the WCM forum!


Thanks for the re-welcome! :D Better safe than sorry was the way to go, btw, at least if I trust my best friend's judgement.

TheMovieDude wrote:
Welcome back, Kyos! I have a tendency to look over old posts and I always wonder what happened to a lot of old members who never appeared again and you were one of them. I'm glad to hear you're alive and well. Anyways, sorry to hear you have been unlucky on the heart front. As you can see you are not alone and remember, you can find support in a lot of us here, so if you ever want to be open about it, you can do so here.


Thanks for the "welcome back", and for the offer of support - I appreciate it! :)

Ha, I know how it is with folks you see posting online for some time, who then someday just disappear. You can't help but wonder what happened to them...

t3cii wrote:
Kyos wrote:
Pretty sure nobody has any idea who I am


Yeah, I remember you.

:evil:

I'm just messin with ya, seriously, good to have you back.


Who are you? :?



I jest of course, I know who you are. Good to see you're... well, likely alive and hopefully well! ;)


Godziller66 wrote:
Hey, Kyos. I don't think you know me, but I've seen your posts from way back when I was lurking and it's cool to have you back around. In fact, if you ever want to join the facebook group as well, the invitation's always open.


Oh, I do know you, although I believe you only really joined the party when I was already starting to leave. 8-) Hm, so about this facebook group...?!


As for the topic: I'm still in love with the girl that broke my heart (and in a way my spirit, but that's a complicated story, and all in all I can only put very little blame on her). We used to be really good friends, and I hope we can get back there one day. Because regardless of all the romantic imbroglio she is very dear to me, as friend, as a person. Last time we spoke was Christmas Eve, since then I'm trying a cold turkey approach at getting over her. Which isn't that easy, as she's living three floors above me. Ah, damn...!

_________________
The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Women
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:28 pm 
Offline
Labored long to build a heaven.
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:48 pm
Posts: 12480
Location: Monster Island (Really New York)
Kyos wrote:
Oh, I do know you, although I believe you only really joined the party when I was already starting to leave. 8-) Hm, so about this facebook group...?!


Here's the link in case you want to join us. http://www.facebook.com/groups/121900377870309/

_________________
"The world is a fine place and worth fighting for." I agree with the second part.
Image
"There's a cello in your house now."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Women
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:05 am 
Offline
Genetically-Altered Lynx
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:43 am
Posts: 2860
I think we all hold that hope, Kyos. But we often don't really have a choice but to move on. I think we can only hope everything works out in the end.

_________________
My unofficial and offical work-> http://www.youtube.com/movieboyandco


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Women
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:19 pm 
Offline
I don't think there is a god. And if there is I'm nothing like him.
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:26 pm
Posts: 5401
Location: Knee Deep in the Dead
^ ditto.

Also, I'm having issues with my girlfriend.
She's a christian, and while so am I, I'm not as strict about stuff?
She has issues with my swearing and such, as well as the fact she doesn't want certain movies around her.
So, she's wonderful enough I don't wanna dump her, but I also don't wanna ask her to compromise her principles, yet with certain things I just don't wanna give up. Unstoppable force meets immovable object, and we're both trying to me as nice as possible about it.
Also, the last thing I wanna have right now is second thoughts.

_________________
My letterboxd

I'll be right back. I gotta go see a man about a mule.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Women
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:09 am 
Offline
I don't think there is a god. And if there is I'm nothing like him.
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:26 pm
Posts: 5401
Location: Knee Deep in the Dead
Apparently Bethany will be just a state away in Minnesota come May or June. Ride the state line between Iowa and South Dakota a bit and tada.
Thats very close. And I could probably make the trip out to see her.
Though I'm one broke-ass nigga.
I could maybe muster a round-trip bus ticket but this means if it was gonna be more than a single day, I'd have to hole up with her and her sister at said sister's house. No hotel money.
Which... could be weird.

_________________
My letterboxd

I'll be right back. I gotta go see a man about a mule.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3448 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
[ Time : 0.133s | 11 Queries | GZIP : Off ]