WatchmenComicMovie.com Forum

Talk about the Watchmen comic book mini-series and film
It is currently Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:03 am 
...you're locked in here with me!

i guess. but lots of people here like metal! i'm sure i'm not the only one here who likes Korn and Slipknot, i guess i should add that they were pretty much the bands that got me into modern metal, so i don't think i can ever stop liking them.

Smutty is THE ONLY person I've ever known so far that has gotten "tired" of metal.

'Cept Danzig, but that seems more sexual than anything :)

8-)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:14 am 
Never compromise. Not even in the face of Armageddon.

Smutty wrote:
Smutty wrote:
If it's any consolation, you're the coolest person I've encountered that likes that kinda music. By a longshot.

i guess. but lots of people here like metal! i'm sure i'm not the only one here who likes Korn and Slipknot, i guess i should add that they were pretty much the bands that got me into modern metal, so i don't think i can ever stop liking them.

I wouldn't count them as metal.

what would you count them as?

"Nu-Metal", which in my opinion isn't really all that metal.
When I think metal, I think of cold hard shit like Mercyful Fate, Megadeth, Danzig, Mayhem, Immortal and Slayer. To a lesser extent stuff like Alice In Chains, Motorhead and Metallica.
I'm not having a jab at you, this is just my mind speaking.

feliciano182 wrote:

Smutty is THE ONLY person I've ever known so far that has gotten "tired" of metal.

'Cept Danzig, but that seems more sexual than anything :)

8-)

Danzig fuckin' ruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuules

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:18 am 
...you're locked in here with me!

Smutty wrote:
Danzig fuckin' ruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuules

No more than Iron Maiden, bitch :) !

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:20 am 
A pretty butterfly.

Slipknot was the first "heavy" band that I got into, which lead to me discovering alot of other bands which I love.

There's always the "real metal" argument when it comes to different genres of it, but I'll listen to something as long as I like how it sounds ... no matter what genre it is.

http://vimeo.com/korireaymackey

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:24 am 

feliciano182 wrote:

I know lots of people who started listening to metal less and less the older they got. It's not an uncommon thing. Danzig still rules though.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:28 am 
Government-Sponsored Weirdo

Smutty wrote:

When I think metal, I think of cold hard shit like Mercyful Fate, Megadeth, Danzig, Mayhem, Immortal and Slayer. To a lesser extent stuff like Alice In Chains, Motorhead and Metallica.

i know you're not having a jab.

i guess when it comes down to it you can split any genre up into loads of sub genres and Nu-metal is still a sub genre under metal, and a sub genre which most popular "metal" band that formed between the mid 90s and early 00s fall under, it was just the musical zeitgeist, and it just so happens that i started getting into modern metal in the early 00s

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:29 am 

Smutty wrote:

i guess when it comes down to it you can split any genre up into loads of sub genres and Nu-metal is still a sub genre under metal, and a sub genre which most popular "metal" band that formed between the mid 90s and early 00s fall under, it was just the musical zeitgeist, and it just so happens that i started getting into modern metal in the early 00s

Fairo, makes sense to me.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:32 am 

Smutty wrote:
Smutty wrote:

Fairo, makes sense to me.

wahey!, we won the discussion!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:53 am 

PUBLIC ENEMY

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:51 am 
Drinking a toast to absent friends.

Smutty wrote:
PUBLIC ENEMY

SO ENVIOUS

But anyway, for 2011, I have already booked:

Nile with the almighty MELECHESH
The almighty heroic musical God that is Devin Townsend
Probably the funnest gig of 2011, Rob Zombie with Skindred
Children of Bodom/Amon Amarth/Ensifirium
High Voltage 2011 (Sat) JUDAS PRIEST'S farewell tour/show/whatever
Bloodstock 2011, with the return of At the Gates, Immortal's first UK show in 9 years, Rhapsody of Fire's first UK show in 12 years, MORBID ANGEL, Triptykon (aka Celtic Frost), the return of forgotten thrash awesomeness, Coroner.

I also hope to catch:
Kylesa
Protest the Hero (support for Darkest Hour)
Blood Ceremony (but going for the support band, Ghost)
Periphery
Enslaved
Sylosis

Possibly will see:
Anaal Nakrath

God, that list of gigs with the exception of Rob Zombie makes me look like a bit of a tr00 elitist :/ I'm not, I promise...

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 7:52 am 
Gazing into the abyss.

Last night I saw Jamiroquai live (and a bunch of local bands nobody cares).

He still got it. After all this years, he still got it. There's nothing like listening a whole fucking stadium singing "Allright" for ten minutes after the song ended. While he sang some new songs and he didn't sing Virtual Insanity (one of the best songs of all time, OF ALL TIME), it was totally worthy.

Next up in Ghondar's gig list for 2011:

Pearl Jam (probably) in September
FOO FUCKING FIGHTERS in December (It's not confirmed yet, but there are strong rumors about it).

English not very good. Forgive me.

http://www.ghondar.blogspot.com
Because people on the internet think that I'm somewhat funny.

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 11:24 am 

Ghondar wrote:
Last night I saw Jamiroquai live (and a bunch of local bands nobody cares).

He still got it. After all this years, he still got it. There's nothing like listening a whole fucking stadium singing "Allright" for ten minutes after the song ended. While he sang some new songs and he didn't sing Virtual Insanity (one of the best songs of all time, OF ALL TIME), it was totally worthy.

Next up in Ghondar's gig list for 2011:

Pearl Jam (probably) in September
FOO FUCKING FIGHTERS in December (It's not confirmed yet, but there are strong rumors about it).

Oooooh I hope we get some Pearl Jam dates over here too! Jamiroquai sounds great fun :D glad you had a good time!

Next one for me is The Ocean/Earthtone9 tomorrow night, and then probably Sonisphere festival by the looks of things. Devin Townsend is definitely my favourite concert of the year so far, it was incredible.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:36 am 

just got back from Download Festival, at which i saw CKY, Skindred, Bowling for Soup, Rob Zombie, System of a Down, Korn and Disturbed,

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:25 am 

just got back from Download Festival, at which i saw CKY, Skindred, Bowling for Soup, Rob Zombie, System of a Down, Korn and Disturbed,

Sweet! I heard it was very wet, did you camp?

I'm seeing Converge tomorrow, ridiculously excited! Also, Sonisphere, High Voltage and Bloodstock are just around the corner now!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:04 pm 
Tired of Earth.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:25 pm 

tbone wrote:

I'm seeing Converge tomorrow, ridiculously excited! Also, Sonisphere, High Voltage and Bloodstock are just around the corner now!

it was fine until sunday, on which it pissed it down from about 10am until 7pm, and that just happened to be the one day that we didn't have time to return to camp from the arena (it's about a 30 minute walk each way :| ), so we had to sit it out, i have a cold today because of it :(
WJK wrote:

:D who in particular did i see to piss you off?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:58 pm 

Yeah I remember it was about 20 mins from camp to the arena at Sonisphere. Misjudged this horribly on the Saturday and therefore missed 1 of the bands that were on early I wanted to see.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:56 pm 
Tired of Earth.

tbone wrote:

it was fine until sunday, on which it pissed it down from about 10am until 7pm, and that just happened to be the one day that we didn't have time to return to camp from the arena (it's about a 30 minute walk each way :| ), so we had to sit it out, i have a cold today because of it :(
WJK wrote:

all of them except bowling for soup and cky

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:31 am 

But Rob Zombie rules so hard live and has some great songs :D

When it comes to music this is what I like: http://www.last.fm/user/nomapple (it's just charts of most played artists and stuff. Yaaay stats!)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:19 am 

tbone wrote:
Yeah I remember it was about 20 mins from camp to the arena at Sonisphere. Misjudged this horribly on the Saturday and therefore missed 1 of the bands that were on early I wanted to see.

until about 4 years ago, the arena was only a 5 minnute walk, and then they wen''t and decided they had to move it, and for one year it was a 445 minute walk! then thhey managed to get it a bit closer, and is only 30 minutes now
WJK wrote:
tbone wrote:

WJK wrote:

all of them except bowling for soup and cky

CKY were actually pretty good, and bowling for soup were almost like a comedy act on stage so, they were worth it.

i actually saw Skindred twice over the weekend because they played on the acoustic stage too.
tbone wrote:
But Rob Zombie rules so hard live and has some great songs :D

When it comes to music this is what I like: http://www.last.fm/user/nomapple (it's just charts of most played artists and stuff. Yaaay stats!)

yeah rob was amazing!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next