WatchmenComicMovie.com Forum

Talk about the Watchmen comic book mini-series and film
It is currently Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:31 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 443 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 23  Next
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:19 pm 
I don't think there is a god. And if there is I'm nothing like him.

feliciano182 wrote:
Right now, as of this moment, I'm hating my life.

First:

I have to deliver progress on a team paper for statistics this monday.

I have shit.

One of the classmates in my group knew this, and she went on to have a "long weekend" on friday since Tuesday is a holiday here in Peru, she didn't give a fuck. My other classmate never gives a fuck, so she didn't even answer my messages, she never even got together for the first meeting of the group. Finally, the other classmate is a fourty-year old guy that works for a company, pays his own fees for college, and yet knows FAR LESS than any of us combined, didn't even bother with that one.

So me and the only other classmate are left handling IBM Statistics SPSS 20, a program our own teacher hasn't trained us in it's use, which for some reason is not working on my computer, and we still have to deliver an advance on Monday, we couldn't do shit. So as of now, we're gonna try to improvise some tables and shit, trying to see if we can deliver something at least, in humble manner, so that at least the teacher can give us some sort of help in this mess.

Second:

My laptop has to be plugged at ALL times, for some reason, the battery won't charge, it always stays at "0% available", and if I disconnect it, it shuts down, this comes to me almost after my mom had to generously pay to repair it.

Thank you computer, you just had to fuck yourself up again.

Holy shit man.
That all sounds terrible.
And one of the computers in the house here, doesn't have a battery period so it has to stay plugged in as well.
We tried getting a new battery but some BS about the computer's battery has to match the internal ID or something.
Its bs.

Anyway, I hope things turn out okay for you.

I'll be right back. I gotta go see a man about a mule.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:47 pm 
Genetically-Altered Lynx

So, today I went to work on saturday to volunteer for an event we were having. Everything was going well and it ended like two hours earlier than they had said it would. So I called to get picked up but since my family lives on the other side of the border and weren't expecting me to leave, so they took their time. I went around to see if there was anything else to do but instead I found most of my bosses and coworkers asleep. I went to my office and sat there reading, browsing the web and then I would walk around the building for any sight of my coworkers moving anything. I didn't see anything.

Then, as I was just about to leave everyone walks in and one of my bosses spots me and pretty much yells at me telling me that he has no use for me if I'm only upstairs and not helping out. I told him that I went around the building various times to see if there was something that needed to be done and I didn't see anything nor was I told. He told me he would discuss this with me on monday but threatened he was considering not giving me the hours that I volunteered. What those hours do is that they help you out in not coming over the summer, which is not really a big deal for me because I have to go to school during the summer anyway.

So I would be lying if I wasn't a bit stressed and pissed about this. Honestly, I feel like getting into a shouting match and then kicking somebody. So far there are these possible outcomes:
1. I will only turn in the hours I "worked" and he can take out the other two that I didn't.
2. He won't give me any of them
3. I'll be fired.

Number 3 isn't the most likely to be honest. I've often been praised for my work and hadn't really come across any snags in there before. And for those times there have been problems I have a rebuttal for each and one of them. But I'm afraid they won't take that well and will see me as someone who is telling them how to do their job. But hey, maybe that's what they need. I like my job and I like having money and I know this sounds awful but I wouldn't mind if I ended up losing it because it would allow me to focus more on my last semester on school. But I can't help but feel that I could also come across into a situation where I will need the money, so that it's wrong for me to say that.

On another and thankfully very unrelated note, violence has escalated in Juárez again. 5-8 murders a day are ocurring again.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:54 pm 
...you're locked in here with me!

That boss of yours in an asshole, really, what's up with that attitude :| ?

Also..............fucking cartels..............5-8 murders a day ? REALLY !?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:08 am 
Genetically-Altered Lynx

feliciano182 wrote:
That boss of yours in an asshole, really, what's up with that attitude :| ?

Also..............fucking cartels..............5-8 murders a day ? REALLY !?

So, you don't think he was right? I mean, I understand him being pissed about this situation but it was basically a lack of communication and understanding between everyone. Maybe calling him an asshole is a bit of a stretch, but I take it you are seeing something worse that I'm not. Even though I am pretty upset by this.

And not exactly a day, honestly, the numbers fluctate a lot. But indeed, there were 8 murders a day in 2009 and 2010. In 2011, the murder rate took a dive to something like 4 or 5. In early 2012, the numbers were much lower to something from 0 to even 2 or 3. But the past couple of weeks, the numbers have rised to something like 5 to 8. Although 5 is really the most constant one. If there are observations to be made is that unlike most murders that would occur int he city, a lot of these have taken place indoors, with the killers using handguns instead of automatic weapons. Also if there are any good news is that cops have been doing a lot of crackdowns on illegal drug, ammo warehouses as well as criminal safehouses. As well as people just doing illegal "harmless" shit like stealing water and sealing it. Some of these people happen to be very rich and successful folks!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:43 am 

TheMovieDude wrote:
So, you don't think he was right? I mean, I understand him being pissed about this situation but it was basically a lack of communication and understanding between everyone. Maybe calling him an asshole is a bit of a stretch, but I take it you are seeing something worse that I'm not. Even though I am pretty upset by this.

You certainly didn't do anything that merited getting your hours flushed down the toilet, you did took your time to go out and see if work had to be done, if everybody is lazying it out, then what the fuck were you supposed to do ?

TheMovieDude wrote:
people just doing illegal "harmless" shit like stealing water and sealing it. Some of these people happen to be very rich and successful folks!

Stealing water !?

God help us all :shock:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:46 am 
Genetically-Altered Lynx

feliciano182 wrote:
TheMovieDude wrote:

You certainly didn't do anything that merited getting your hours flushed down the toilet, you did took your time to go out and see if work had to be done, if everybody is lazying it out, then what the fuck were you supposed to do ?

TheMovieDude wrote:
people just doing illegal "harmless" shit like stealing water and sealing it. Some of these people happen to be very rich and successful folks!

Stealing water !?

God help us all :shock:

You're totally right. I hope I can contain myself, though. I'm not an explosive person but I lost my shit at home on my own because of how pissed I was.

And yeah, this guy was basically deviating water from the drains or something like that and storing it himself and woud sell it to anyone who asked!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:52 am 

TheMovieDude wrote:
You're totally right. I hope I can contain myself, though. I'm not an explosive person but I lost my shit at home on my own because of how pissed I was.

The more you describe this "Angry Oscar", the less I believe he actually exists :lol:

TheMovieDude wrote:
And yeah, this guy was basically deviating water from the drains or something like that and storing it himself and woud sell it to anyone who asked!

I.....I......what the fuck man ? Do you guys not have a water supplier :| !?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:00 am 
Genetically-Altered Lynx

feliciano182 wrote:
TheMovieDude wrote:

The more you describe this "Angry Oscar", the less I believe he actually exists :lol:

TheMovieDude wrote:

I do get mad from time to time. I tend to get into shouting matches with my brothers and my family, sometimes with my friends. I haven't really punched anyone since High School, though. I tend to direct my anger towards inanimate objects like walls or chairs :lol:

And we do have water suppliers! I guess this guy was just selling it cheaper or more expensive!

Also, I have to point out that I did explain to my boss what happened, but he didn't seem to be listening to me. I did tell hi that I found everyone (including him) to be asleep and everyone laughed, which is funny, but I get the feeling I could catch hell from everyone after that. But that's the least horrible and most understandable thing I've seen them do that I could call them out on.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:52 am 

TheMovieDude wrote:
feliciano182 wrote:
TheMovieDude wrote:

TheMovieDude wrote:

I do get mad from time to time. I tend to get into shouting matches with my brothers and my family, sometimes with my friends. I haven't really punched anyone since High School, though. I tend to direct my anger towards inanimate objects like walls or chairs :lol:

Man I used to punch walls and doors, but putting holes in the wall and breaking door frames apparently costs money.
So I QUICKLY learned to vent via video games and punching my bed.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:03 am 
Nothing ever ends.

Feliciano del Toro (my name for angry/aggressive feliciano) your battery is dead. Do the best you can on your project. Try to rally your group and don't count the dumb old sack of rocks out. He may be willing to try which is more than the others are. If things get really bad, go to the professor and throw them under the bus.

Oscar. What. The fuck. Our worlds are so different by nature of location. It's crazy. I'm frightened for you.

P.S. angry Oscar sounds hot.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:25 am 

xMaliciousMal wrote:
Feliciano del Toro (my name for angry/aggressive feliciano) your battery is dead. Do the best you can on your project. Try to rally your group and don't count the dumb old sack of rocks out. He may be willing to try which is more than the others are. If things get really bad, go to the professor and throw them under the bus.

Are you sure the battery is dead ? I checked on some help sites and some folk reported that the problem persisted even after changing the battery. Not saying that's necessarily my case, I can completely accept a change of battery, it just means shelling out less money than I thought of :o !

On the matter of my group, fuck it, I can do "something" and deliver it this monday, he's not going to flunk me because it's not an evaluation per-se, it's more of a weekly check where he sees for himself we're working.

Also, I won't throw them under the bus, not because of any bullshit loyalty, but because it helps me in no way whatsoever, the professor won't grant me any extended periods to deliver the paper, he'll just tell me we're not in high school anymore and that it's our responsibility to get our shit together and deliver the paper, whatever it takes :|

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 7:09 pm 

Captain Short Beard...............I am called now.

So, last saturday, the group and I gathered to continue the paper on statistics, I thought it was going to be a horrible fuck-up in the making, but at least I had to try.

What happened ? Success.

The girl that left because she wanted to take the long weekend ? Was the first one to arrive, didn't expect her AT ALL, but she made it, everyone else also did, we had time to study for the exam, and make progress on a lot of stuff we had to do a couple of weeks prior to the date, I had to take lead because unfortunately peruvian folk have very little attitude towards study, one of the girls in my team is 27 years old and she still makes these...what do you call them ? The small pieces of paper where you write the answers for an exam ? Yeah.

Still, all in all the meeting went perfect, much better than last time, we kicked ass.

And one of the team members dubbed me "Captain Short Beard" because I was constantly watching everyone's performance on the paper................I've never had a cooler nickname.

So, in the spirit of positivity..............TROUBLE SOLVED !!!

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 7:15 pm 
Labored long to build a heaven.

feliciano182 wrote:
Captain Short Beard...............I am called now.

So, last saturday, the group and I gathered to continue the paper on statistics, I thought it was going to be a horrible fuck-up in the making, but at least I had to try.

What happened ? Success.

The girl that left because she wanted to take the long weekend ? Was the first one to arrive, didn't expect her AT ALL, but she made it, everyone else also did, we had time to study for the exam, and make progress on a lot of stuff we had to do a couple of weeks prior to the date, I had to take lead because unfortunately peruvian folk have very little attitude towards study, one of the girls in my team is 27 years old and she still makes these...what do you call them ? The small pieces of paper where you write the answers for an exam ? Yeah.

Still, all in all the meeting went perfect, much better than last time, we kicked ass.

And one of the team members dubbed me "Captain Short Beard" because I was constantly watching everyone's performance on the paper................I've never had a cooler nickname.

So, in the spirit of positivity..............TROUBLE SOLVED !!!

I have so many questions about that post, but anyway, that's good to hear.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 7:43 pm 

^ Check last page, there's the first part of the whole deal with my statistics paper :o !

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 7:57 pm 

feliciano182 wrote:
^ Check last page, there's the first part of the whole deal with my statistics paper :o !

Well, I mean, why Captain Short Beard? Do you have a short beard?

And if you think Peruvians are bad at studying, are you racist?

And what do you mean writing down answers for exams? Do you mean a study sheet or a cheat sheet?

And do androids dream of electric sheep?

WELL DO THEY!?!?!?!?!?!

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 8:11 pm 

Godziller66 wrote:

I do !

It's sort of a "sideburns meet at the chin" kind of beard :) !

Godziller66 wrote:

And what do you mean writing down answers for exams? Do you mean a study sheet or a cheat sheet?

If I was anything, I'd be xenophobic, but I'm not. It's just that peruvian education is shit, it's one of the worst in latin america, as such, people who graduate from high school tend to think of University as "Extended High School". The majority of students don't give two shits about their major, if cheating is an option before studying, they'll take it, always.

This paper I'm doing, is usually done by engineers or administrators who get payed by psychology students so that they themselves don't have to do it. I may be a lazy-ass motherfucker, but I sure as shit will drop dead before I degrade myself into paying some other unethical asshole to do my own work.

And yes, I do believe I am talking about a cheat sheet.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 8:13 pm 

feliciano182 wrote:
Godziller66 wrote:

I do !

It's sort of a "sideburns meet at the chin" kind of beard :) !

Godziller66 wrote:

If I was anything, I'd be xenophobic, but I'm not. It's just that peruvian education is shit, it's one of the worst in latin america, as such, people who graduate from high school tend to think of University as "Extended High School". The majority of students don't give two shits about their major, if cheating is an option before studying, they'll take it, always.

This paper I'm doing, is usually done by engineers or administrators who get payed by psychology students so that they themselves don't have to do it. I may be a lazy-ass motherfucker, but I sure as shit will drop dead before I degrade myself into paying some other unethical asshole to do my own work.

And yes, I do believe I am talking about a cheat sheet.

You didn't answer the most important one.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 8:16 pm 

Godziller66 wrote:
You didn't answer the most important one.

After playing Mass Effect, I'd say androids dream of goddamn electric farms !

*Hopes comment inspires RJ to buy The Mass Effect Trilogy for PC*

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 6:17 pm 

My home life has gotten volatile and downright abusive.
I can't find a job for shit and I'm for damn sure I should be on some kind of stress medication.
I asked a friend of mine in Cali if I could crash at her place for a couple days if I made the pilgrimage out there.
She has to talk to her mom whom she lives with, but if I had to move anywhere I'd like to be somewhere around her.
I feel trapped here.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 6:54 pm 

NiteOwl wrote:
My home life has gotten volatile and downright abusive.
I can't find a job for shit and I'm for damn sure I should be on some kind of stress medication.
I asked a friend of mine in Cali if I could crash at her place for a couple days if I made the pilgrimage out there.
She has to talk to her mom whom she lives with, but if I had to move anywhere I'd like to be somewhere around her.
I feel trapped here.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 443 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 23  Next