WatchmenComicMovie.com Forum


Talk about the Watchmen comic book mini-series and film
It is currently Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:11 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 443 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 23  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 3:11 am 
Offline
Government-Sponsored Weirdo
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:39 am
Posts: 7191
Location: Everywhere, Everywhen, UK.
NiteOwl wrote:
My home life has gotten volatile and downright abusive.
I can't find a job for shit and I'm for damn sure I should be on some kind of stress medication.
I asked a friend of mine in Cali if I could crash at her place for a couple days if I made the pilgrimage out there.
She has to talk to her mom whom she lives with, but if I had to move anywhere I'd like to be somewhere around her.
I feel trapped here.


go to a doctor about it then, see if you can get a prescription.

_________________
We're all actors, Laurie. I'm just an actor who read the script. :?
ImageImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 6:10 am 
Offline
I don't think there is a god. And if there is I'm nothing like him.
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:26 pm
Posts: 5402
Location: Knee Deep in the Dead
AvatarIII wrote:
NiteOwl wrote:
My home life has gotten volatile and downright abusive.
I can't find a job for shit and I'm for damn sure I should be on some kind of stress medication.
I asked a friend of mine in Cali if I could crash at her place for a couple days if I made the pilgrimage out there.
She has to talk to her mom whom she lives with, but if I had to move anywhere I'd like to be somewhere around her.
I feel trapped here.


go to a doctor about it then, see if you can get a prescription.

I think I definately might.
I get stressed to the point of physical pain.
My stomach feels like its going to implode and I get headaches like crazy.

_________________
My letterboxd

I'll be right back. I gotta go see a man about a mule.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 11:25 pm 
Offline
Genetically-Altered Lynx
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:43 am
Posts: 2860
Ok, so hardly troubles and shit. But I have a confession to make: I don't know how to drive. Yes, I'm 22 years old and I don't know. When I was 17, I took lessons and was ready to get a license. But I couldn't practice more because I couldn't find the time because I was stuck with my last year of High School, training to be a Youth Leader and it was when things began to get nasty in Juárez. So from then on, I would suddely grab the car and drive around, but I'm definitely rusty. What I decided to do was that after school was over, I would take lessons. Turns out those lessons are a sham. Sort of. Like, if you're considered an adult, it's only a 7 hour class for which you have to pay 300 dollars and friends have told me that once they're done, they tell you to take more classes. So I'm at a loss of what to do here. Sometimes, my parents and me go out and drive around sometimes but there hardly is any time. And I'm not sure if any of my friends would be willing to help out especially since I could cause serious damage to their vehicles and to ourselves! I've been thinking of taking the class again in Juárez since they are more flexible in terms of scheduling and the like, but things are still pretty bad around here. Although in a way, if you learn how to drive in Juárez, there's a chance you will know how to drive just about anywhere. So I'm not exactly sure of what to do here.

_________________
My unofficial and offical work-> http://www.youtube.com/movieboyandco


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 12:51 am 
Offline
Labored long to build a heaven.
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:48 pm
Posts: 12480
Location: Monster Island (Really New York)
TheMovieDude wrote:
Ok, so hardly troubles and shit. But I have a confession to make: I don't know how to drive. Yes, I'm 22 years old and I don't know. When I was 17, I took lessons and was ready to get a license. But I couldn't practice more because I couldn't find the time because I was stuck with my last year of High School, training to be a Youth Leader and it was when things began to get nasty in Juárez. So from then on, I would suddely grab the car and drive around, but I'm definitely rusty. What I decided to do was that after school was over, I would take lessons. Turns out those lessons are a sham. Sort of. Like, if you're considered an adult, it's only a 7 hour class for which you have to pay 300 dollars and friends have told me that once they're done, they tell you to take more classes. So I'm at a loss of what to do here. Sometimes, my parents and me go out and drive around sometimes but there hardly is any time. And I'm not sure if any of my friends would be willing to help out especially since I could cause serious damage to their vehicles and to ourselves! I've been thinking of taking the class again in Juárez since they are more flexible in terms of scheduling and the like, but things are still pretty bad around here. Although in a way, if you learn how to drive in Juárez, there's a chance you will know how to drive just about anywhere. So I'm not exactly sure of what to do here.

Man, that sucks, but I'm sure you'll pick it back up eventually. I'd help you out since I'm pretty adept at driving, but I'm waaaaaaaaaaaaay over here in sunny Central New York.

_________________
"The world is a fine place and worth fighting for." I agree with the second part.
Image
"There's a cello in your house now."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 1:16 am 
Offline
Tired of Earth.
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:01 am
Posts: 8041
Location: Clackamas, OR
I'd love to see a Juarez driver race against an NYC driver. Somehow, I think the winner would be whoever's still alive at the end.

_________________
This is truly a madhouse. And I'm the lunatic running it. I've spent three years wondering if I should be proud or ashamed.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 1:26 am 
Offline
Labored long to build a heaven.
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:48 pm
Posts: 12480
Location: Monster Island (Really New York)
Curiosity Inc. wrote:
I'd love to see a Juarez driver race against an NYC driver. Somehow, I think the winner would be whoever's still alive at the end.

Well, no one drives in NYC.

There's too much traffic.

_________________
"The world is a fine place and worth fighting for." I agree with the second part.
Image
"There's a cello in your house now."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 3:29 am 
Offline
I don't think there is a god. And if there is I'm nothing like him.
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:26 pm
Posts: 5402
Location: Knee Deep in the Dead
Godziller66 wrote:
Curiosity Inc. wrote:
I'd love to see a Juarez driver race against an NYC driver. Somehow, I think the winner would be whoever's still alive at the end.

Well, no one drives in NYC.

There's too much traffic.

.....
that statement.
Theres so much wrong with it.

_________________
My letterboxd

I'll be right back. I gotta go see a man about a mule.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 9:40 am 
Offline
Government-Sponsored Weirdo
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:39 am
Posts: 7191
Location: Everywhere, Everywhen, UK.
TheMovieDude wrote:
Ok, so hardly troubles and shit. But I have a confession to make: I don't know how to drive. Yes, I'm 22 years old and I don't know. When I was 17, I took lessons and was ready to get a license. But I couldn't practice more because I couldn't find the time because I was stuck with my last year of High School, training to be a Youth Leader and it was when things began to get nasty in Juárez. So from then on, I would suddely grab the car and drive around, but I'm definitely rusty. What I decided to do was that after school was over, I would take lessons. Turns out those lessons are a sham. Sort of. Like, if you're considered an adult, it's only a 7 hour class for which you have to pay 300 dollars and friends have told me that once they're done, they tell you to take more classes. So I'm at a loss of what to do here. Sometimes, my parents and me go out and drive around sometimes but there hardly is any time. And I'm not sure if any of my friends would be willing to help out especially since I could cause serious damage to their vehicles and to ourselves! I've been thinking of taking the class again in Juárez since they are more flexible in terms of scheduling and the like, but things are still pretty bad around here. Although in a way, if you learn how to drive in Juárez, there's a chance you will know how to drive just about anywhere. So I'm not exactly sure of what to do here.


I'm 26 and I only just got a driving licence last month. I spent like 600 pounds on lessons though. Which is like 30 hours.

_________________
We're all actors, Laurie. I'm just an actor who read the script. :?
ImageImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 11:14 am 
Offline
Genetically-Altered Lynx
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:43 am
Posts: 2860
I'd love to see that kind of Death Race. Especially if you pair them up with the kind of obstacles you're bound to find in Juárez: Other bad drivers, poorly paved streets, traffic police after you, standard police after you, federal police after you, state police after you, gunmen after you, carjackers after you, kidnappers after you, construction work in the middle of the streets, buses and so on.

AvatarIII-That makes me feel better. And so do guys like Nicolas Winding Refn and Spike Lee who are pretty old but don't drive at all!

_________________
My unofficial and offical work-> http://www.youtube.com/movieboyandco


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 11:53 am 
Offline
Government-Sponsored Weirdo
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:39 am
Posts: 7191
Location: Everywhere, Everywhen, UK.
Also I heard once that average driving speed in the center of London is only about 10mph, on Top gear once they had a marathon runner beat a car round the same route through the city, I bet it's even worse in NYC, so do NYC drivers even know how to drive above a snails pace?

_________________
We're all actors, Laurie. I'm just an actor who read the script. :?
ImageImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 12:30 pm 
Offline
Tired of Earth.
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:19 pm
Posts: 8136
Location: 1060 W. Addison St.
NiteOwl wrote:
Godziller66 wrote:
Curiosity Inc. wrote:
I'd love to see a Juarez driver race against an NYC driver. Somehow, I think the winner would be whoever's still alive at the end.

Well, no one drives in NYC.

There's too much traffic.

.....
that statement.
Theres so much wrong with it.


you really want to race against a cabbie?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 12:40 pm 
Offline
I don't think there is a god. And if there is I'm nothing like him.
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:26 pm
Posts: 5402
Location: Knee Deep in the Dead
WJK wrote:
NiteOwl wrote:
Godziller66 wrote:
Curiosity Inc. wrote:
I'd love to see a Juarez driver race against an NYC driver. Somehow, I think the winner would be whoever's still alive at the end.

Well, no one drives in NYC.

There's too much traffic.

.....
that statement.
Theres so much wrong with it.


you really want to race against a cabbie?

If NO ONE drove in NYC there'd be NO TRAFFIC.

_________________
My letterboxd

I'll be right back. I gotta go see a man about a mule.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 1:34 pm 
Offline
Labored long to build a heaven.
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:48 pm
Posts: 12480
Location: Monster Island (Really New York)
NiteOwl wrote:
WJK wrote:
NiteOwl wrote:
Godziller66 wrote:
Curiosity Inc. wrote:
I'd love to see a Juarez driver race against an NYC driver. Somehow, I think the winner would be whoever's still alive at the end.

Well, no one drives in NYC.

There's too much traffic.

.....
that statement.
Theres so much wrong with it.


you really want to race against a cabbie?

If NO ONE drove in NYC there'd be NO TRAFFIC.

Image

_________________
"The world is a fine place and worth fighting for." I agree with the second part.
Image
"There's a cello in your house now."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 2:12 pm 
Offline
Tired of Earth.
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:01 am
Posts: 8041
Location: Clackamas, OR
Portland drivers are notorious for being very polite. Not that we always obey the speed limit, but everyone always yields right of way and you could go for months without hearing a car horn.

_________________
This is truly a madhouse. And I'm the lunatic running it. I've spent three years wondering if I should be proud or ashamed.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 3:58 pm 
Offline
Tired of Earth.
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:19 pm
Posts: 8136
Location: 1060 W. Addison St.
Curiosity Inc. wrote:
Portland drivers are notorious for being very polite. Not that we always obey the speed limit, but everyone always yields right of way and you could go for months without hearing a car horn.


If only the East wasn't filled with retard drivers.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 2:05 pm 
Offline
Genetically-Altered Lynx
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:43 am
Posts: 2860
So at my work's facebook page, they tell us we need to turn in a timesheet. I didn't know if this was directed at all of us, because nobody is working there right now except for a few people, so I ask that. My boss replied telling me that it was for everyone, and if no timesheet was turned in, there would be no pay. As if we didn't know that already. So, then I ask what if we are out of town (which I pretty much am) and when is it due exactly (information that wasn't given to us at all). My boss replies with a Confucious quote: "A man who does not plan ahead will find trouble at his door." At this point I want to reply with the John Lennon quote: "Life is what happens while you make other plans." But of course, I don't do that because I don't want to get fired.

But honestly, couldn't he reply with a simple "You have to do this and it's due this date?" instead of the condescending answer he gave me? Then a co-worker asked him the same question, and he gave her a good, simple reply. What pisses me off is that they talk about plans and shit, but they seem to be the ones who don't plan ahead at all. Like, really, the last day of work was a couple of weeks ago and we all said that we would see each other until June 4th. Not fucking May 25th. But they keep lying and bullshitting. Like remember that shit over volunteer hours? Well, it turns out those hours aren't worth shit because we have to work overtime on the summer anyway! And not only that, but it seems we will work overtime but only get paid for half our work!

Honesty, is there any employer at my school who isn't a complete idiot?

_________________
My unofficial and offical work-> http://www.youtube.com/movieboyandco


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 1:57 am 
Offline
...look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:40 pm
Posts: 2458
Location: Los Angeles/ Mexico City
Just saw your earlier post, and guess what? I can't drive either. I'm visiting my parents for a few weeks in July, so if I'm not too lazy I might be able to get a little practice in :oops:

_________________
Mexicano Al Grito De Guerra

ImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 11:03 am 
Offline
Genetically-Altered Lynx
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:43 am
Posts: 2860
diego1235467 wrote:
Just saw your earlier post, and guess what? I can't drive either. I'm visiting my parents for a few weeks in July, so if I'm not too lazy I might be able to get a little practice in :oops:


How do you hang around, then? Rides? Public transport? Don't girls become unimpressed with you? : p

Anyway, I found out the whole timesheet thing was something they should have told me. Well, why didn't anybody? I really don't know if to quit or not.

_________________
My unofficial and offical work-> http://www.youtube.com/movieboyandco


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 12:04 pm 
Offline
...you're locked in here with me!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:53 pm
Posts: 10216
TheMovieDude wrote:
How do you hang around, then? Rides? Public transport? Don't girls become unimpressed with you? : p


:shock:

I don't think I would like to live in Mexico !

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 2:01 pm 
Offline
Genetically-Altered Lynx
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:43 am
Posts: 2860
feliciano182 wrote:
TheMovieDude wrote:
How do you hang around, then? Rides? Public transport? Don't girls become unimpressed with you? : p


:shock:

I don't think I would like to live in Mexico !


Haha don't worry it's not exactly a common situation. But you know they say that cars can be a girl magnet : p

_________________
My unofficial and offical work-> http://www.youtube.com/movieboyandco


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 443 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 23  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
[ Time : 0.152s | 13 Queries | GZIP : Off ]