WatchmenComicMovie.com Forum

Talk about the Watchmen comic book mini-series and film
It is currently Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:11 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 443 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 23  Next
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 3:11 am 
Government-Sponsored Weirdo

NiteOwl wrote:
My home life has gotten volatile and downright abusive.
I can't find a job for shit and I'm for damn sure I should be on some kind of stress medication.
I asked a friend of mine in Cali if I could crash at her place for a couple days if I made the pilgrimage out there.
She has to talk to her mom whom she lives with, but if I had to move anywhere I'd like to be somewhere around her.
I feel trapped here.

go to a doctor about it then, see if you can get a prescription.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 6:10 am 
I don't think there is a god. And if there is I'm nothing like him.

NiteOwl wrote:
My home life has gotten volatile and downright abusive.
I can't find a job for shit and I'm for damn sure I should be on some kind of stress medication.
I asked a friend of mine in Cali if I could crash at her place for a couple days if I made the pilgrimage out there.
She has to talk to her mom whom she lives with, but if I had to move anywhere I'd like to be somewhere around her.
I feel trapped here.

go to a doctor about it then, see if you can get a prescription.

I think I definately might.
I get stressed to the point of physical pain.
My stomach feels like its going to implode and I get headaches like crazy.

I'll be right back. I gotta go see a man about a mule.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 11:25 pm 
Genetically-Altered Lynx

Ok, so hardly troubles and shit. But I have a confession to make: I don't know how to drive. Yes, I'm 22 years old and I don't know. When I was 17, I took lessons and was ready to get a license. But I couldn't practice more because I couldn't find the time because I was stuck with my last year of High School, training to be a Youth Leader and it was when things began to get nasty in Juárez. So from then on, I would suddely grab the car and drive around, but I'm definitely rusty. What I decided to do was that after school was over, I would take lessons. Turns out those lessons are a sham. Sort of. Like, if you're considered an adult, it's only a 7 hour class for which you have to pay 300 dollars and friends have told me that once they're done, they tell you to take more classes. So I'm at a loss of what to do here. Sometimes, my parents and me go out and drive around sometimes but there hardly is any time. And I'm not sure if any of my friends would be willing to help out especially since I could cause serious damage to their vehicles and to ourselves! I've been thinking of taking the class again in Juárez since they are more flexible in terms of scheduling and the like, but things are still pretty bad around here. Although in a way, if you learn how to drive in Juárez, there's a chance you will know how to drive just about anywhere. So I'm not exactly sure of what to do here.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 12:51 am 
Labored long to build a heaven.

TheMovieDude wrote:
Ok, so hardly troubles and shit. But I have a confession to make: I don't know how to drive. Yes, I'm 22 years old and I don't know. When I was 17, I took lessons and was ready to get a license. But I couldn't practice more because I couldn't find the time because I was stuck with my last year of High School, training to be a Youth Leader and it was when things began to get nasty in Juárez. So from then on, I would suddely grab the car and drive around, but I'm definitely rusty. What I decided to do was that after school was over, I would take lessons. Turns out those lessons are a sham. Sort of. Like, if you're considered an adult, it's only a 7 hour class for which you have to pay 300 dollars and friends have told me that once they're done, they tell you to take more classes. So I'm at a loss of what to do here. Sometimes, my parents and me go out and drive around sometimes but there hardly is any time. And I'm not sure if any of my friends would be willing to help out especially since I could cause serious damage to their vehicles and to ourselves! I've been thinking of taking the class again in Juárez since they are more flexible in terms of scheduling and the like, but things are still pretty bad around here. Although in a way, if you learn how to drive in Juárez, there's a chance you will know how to drive just about anywhere. So I'm not exactly sure of what to do here.

Man, that sucks, but I'm sure you'll pick it back up eventually. I'd help you out since I'm pretty adept at driving, but I'm waaaaaaaaaaaaay over here in sunny Central New York.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 1:16 am 
Tired of Earth.

I'd love to see a Juarez driver race against an NYC driver. Somehow, I think the winner would be whoever's still alive at the end.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 1:26 am 

Curiosity Inc. wrote:
I'd love to see a Juarez driver race against an NYC driver. Somehow, I think the winner would be whoever's still alive at the end.

Well, no one drives in NYC.

There's too much traffic.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 3:29 am 

Godziller66 wrote:
Curiosity Inc. wrote:

that statement.
Theres so much wrong with it.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 9:40 am 

TheMovieDude wrote:

I'm 26 and I only just got a driving licence last month. I spent like 600 pounds on lessons though. Which is like 30 hours.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 11:14 am 
Genetically-Altered Lynx

I'd love to see that kind of Death Race. Especially if you pair them up with the kind of obstacles you're bound to find in Juárez: Other bad drivers, poorly paved streets, traffic police after you, standard police after you, federal police after you, state police after you, gunmen after you, carjackers after you, kidnappers after you, construction work in the middle of the streets, buses and so on.

AvatarIII-That makes me feel better. And so do guys like Nicolas Winding Refn and Spike Lee who are pretty old but don't drive at all!

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 11:53 am 

Also I heard once that average driving speed in the center of London is only about 10mph, on Top gear once they had a marathon runner beat a car round the same route through the city, I bet it's even worse in NYC, so do NYC drivers even know how to drive above a snails pace?

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 12:30 pm 
Tired of Earth.

NiteOwl wrote:
Godziller66 wrote:
Curiosity Inc. wrote:

that statement.

you really want to race against a cabbie?

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 12:40 pm 

WJK wrote:
NiteOwl wrote:
Godziller66 wrote:
Curiosity Inc. wrote:

that statement.

If NO ONE drove in NYC there'd be NO TRAFFIC.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 1:34 pm 

NiteOwl wrote:
WJK wrote:
NiteOwl wrote:
Godziller66 wrote:
Curiosity Inc. wrote:

that statement.

If NO ONE drove in NYC there'd be NO TRAFFIC.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 2:12 pm 
Tired of Earth.

Portland drivers are notorious for being very polite. Not that we always obey the speed limit, but everyone always yields right of way and you could go for months without hearing a car horn.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 3:58 pm 
Tired of Earth.

Curiosity Inc. wrote:
Portland drivers are notorious for being very polite. Not that we always obey the speed limit, but everyone always yields right of way and you could go for months without hearing a car horn.

If only the East wasn't filled with retard drivers.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 2:05 pm 
Genetically-Altered Lynx

So at my work's facebook page, they tell us we need to turn in a timesheet. I didn't know if this was directed at all of us, because nobody is working there right now except for a few people, so I ask that. My boss replied telling me that it was for everyone, and if no timesheet was turned in, there would be no pay. As if we didn't know that already. So, then I ask what if we are out of town (which I pretty much am) and when is it due exactly (information that wasn't given to us at all). My boss replies with a Confucious quote: "A man who does not plan ahead will find trouble at his door." At this point I want to reply with the John Lennon quote: "Life is what happens while you make other plans." But of course, I don't do that because I don't want to get fired.

But honestly, couldn't he reply with a simple "You have to do this and it's due this date?" instead of the condescending answer he gave me? Then a co-worker asked him the same question, and he gave her a good, simple reply. What pisses me off is that they talk about plans and shit, but they seem to be the ones who don't plan ahead at all. Like, really, the last day of work was a couple of weeks ago and we all said that we would see each other until June 4th. Not fucking May 25th. But they keep lying and bullshitting. Like remember that shit over volunteer hours? Well, it turns out those hours aren't worth shit because we have to work overtime on the summer anyway! And not only that, but it seems we will work overtime but only get paid for half our work!

Honesty, is there any employer at my school who isn't a complete idiot?

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 1:57 am 
...look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!

Just saw your earlier post, and guess what? I can't drive either. I'm visiting my parents for a few weeks in July, so if I'm not too lazy I might be able to get a little practice in :oops:

ImageImage

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 11:03 am 
Genetically-Altered Lynx

diego1235467 wrote:
Just saw your earlier post, and guess what? I can't drive either. I'm visiting my parents for a few weeks in July, so if I'm not too lazy I might be able to get a little practice in :oops:

How do you hang around, then? Rides? Public transport? Don't girls become unimpressed with you? : p

Anyway, I found out the whole timesheet thing was something they should have told me. Well, why didn't anybody? I really don't know if to quit or not.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 12:04 pm 
...you're locked in here with me!

TheMovieDude wrote:
How do you hang around, then? Rides? Public transport? Don't girls become unimpressed with you? : p

:shock:

I don't think I would like to live in Mexico !

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 2:01 pm 
Genetically-Altered Lynx

feliciano182 wrote:
TheMovieDude wrote:

:shock:

I don't think I would like to live in Mexico !

Haha don't worry it's not exactly a common situation. But you know they say that cars can be a girl magnet : p

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 443 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 23  Next