WatchmenComicMovie.com Forum


Talk about the Watchmen comic book mini-series and film
It is currently Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:06 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 443 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 23  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:49 pm 
Offline
I don't think there is a god. And if there is I'm nothing like him.
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:26 pm
Posts: 5401
Location: Knee Deep in the Dead
*sigh* Okay...
Bear with me a moment.
This might get a bit confusing.

A specific current group of friends consist of about four people.
I met them all through a single lady friend of mine.
This lady friend of mine had this girlfriend (yes, more lesbians), and over time I became close friends with her girlfriend.
And after lady friend dumped her girlfriend, for another girl who we'll just call K for now, Lady Friend's Ex, decided to try and date ME for a couple days. Which... yeah. A couple days. Didn't work. Obviously.

Anyways, Lady Friend and K are an item but Lady Friend starts going nuts. Suicide attempts, attention grabbing tactics, as if the whole group didn't revolve around her alread. Anyways, I cut her off one day after i get sick of it, I remove her from my life as best as I can and say fuck off pretty much. A week later, she leaves. Disappears. Turns her back on everyone. Including K and her Ex.

Peripherally there's this group bitch, who we'll just call Bitch. She tries to sabotage every relationship Ex has because secretly, or not-so-secretly, she believes she's Ex's soul mate. But she's really just an obnoxious and mean-spirited Bitch. Okay, so fast forward a few months and the group is getting over the absence of Lady Friend. K is moving on, which was tough. She originally blamed me. But once she got over that, we became good friends as well. It's been like six months at this point that Lady Friend has been gone. Ex finds a new girlfriend. Yay. Cool. Whatever. Turns out this new girlfriend was married with kids. Big liar. Anywho, New Girlfriend was in the process of divorce anyways, and Ex forgives her and accepts her once again into the fold. 8 months now.

Over the past month, shit has been copasetic. No big fucking drama, nada. It's me, Ex, New Girlfriend, and K. And Bitch, but I ignore her. Then, this past week or two, making it over 9 months... Lady Friend returns.
This causes so much problems... K is hurt, I'm pissy, New Girl has no idea, and Ex... well... she welcomes back Lady Friend with open arms. Which pisses off me and K. They're trying to make like nothing ever happened, like we're one big family again. Me, and K are so angry. Both at Lady Friend and Ex. So K confides in me about all of this, having not told Ex a word so far. (also, K has developed a thing for Ex in Lady Friend's absence) I talk to New Girl about my issues with it. And suddenly, somehow, Ex (who's the de facto leader of this group) gets wind of the fact people are pissed at her because of how she welcomed back Lady Friend.

And she's blaming me for "running my mouth off" to people. I tell her to cool the fuck down and that I can talk to whoever I please about whatever I want. Also, I have no idea why she's suddenly attacing me for saying things I didn't actually say. I think Bitch lied to her in private. But I can't be sure. Then today, I get an e-mail from K saying that Ex is pissed at HER because of something. K assumes for some reason I've yet to determine that I divulged things she said to me in private to Ex. She's super pissed at me yet I didn't do anything. She tells me I broke her trust and she's mad at me too. I have no idea what is going on and I suspect Bitch is behind it because she might've overheard things I told to New Girl, but that doesn't explain why Ex would tell K I said things that I didn't, and I'm just so confused right now. Someone is lying to Ex. Or spreading rumors. I have no idea what the heck is going on.

_________________
My letterboxd

I'll be right back. I gotta go see a man about a mule.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:05 pm 
Offline
Genetically-Altered Lynx
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:43 am
Posts: 2860
Just let it all pass. If people believe shit about you that's not true, those people aren't really worthy of your time or trust. Just try to clarify things as much as you can.

_________________
My unofficial and offical work-> http://www.youtube.com/movieboyandco


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:11 pm 
Offline
I don't think there is a god. And if there is I'm nothing like him.
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:26 pm
Posts: 5401
Location: Knee Deep in the Dead
TheMovieDude wrote:
Just let it all pass. If people believe shit about you that's not true, those people aren't really worthy of your time or trust. Just try to clarify things as much as you can.

It did pass in fact.
They all ditched me for good.
Some were my best friends of like three years...
they blocked my phone number and everything.

I'm slightly relieved, furious, and depressed all at once.

_________________
My letterboxd

I'll be right back. I gotta go see a man about a mule.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:16 am 
Offline
Genetically-Altered Lynx
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:43 am
Posts: 2860
NiteOwl wrote:
TheMovieDude wrote:
Just let it all pass. If people believe shit about you that's not true, those people aren't really worthy of your time or trust. Just try to clarify things as much as you can.

It did pass in fact.
They all ditched me for good.
Some were my best friends of like three years...
they blocked my phone number and everything.

I'm slightly relieved, furious, and depressed all at once.


You should do the same in return. Fuck, if they had started treating me like shit, I would have done it first.

_________________
My unofficial and offical work-> http://www.youtube.com/movieboyandco


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:57 am 
Offline
...look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!

Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:09 pm
Posts: 2117
NiteOwl wrote:
TheMovieDude wrote:
Just let it all pass. If people believe shit about you that's not true, those people aren't really worthy of your time or trust. Just try to clarify things as much as you can.

It did pass in fact.
They all ditched me for good.
Some were my best friends of like three years...
they blocked my phone number and everything.

I'm slightly relieved, furious, and depressed all at once.

Man. What is it with you and lesbians?

But I agree with TheMovieDude; they're not worth it if this is the reason why they're dumping you. Imagine what will happen when they run into actual problems--like trying to find a job. I don't know (or remember) how old you are NiteOwl, but this is strictly high-school nonsense. The kind of bullshit that school children amuse themselves with because they want to live life as the Kardashians.

My advice to you: Look inward, take a step back, and realize that your problems aren't worth fucking shit in the grand scheme of things. That might sound harsh, but it's the truth. There are people actually suffering in the world and people are going to ruin life-long social bonds because of some he said-she said crap? There are more troubling things in the world, and relationships are one of the few constants in the world that you can trust. The fact that people quickly and easily turn against people is, frankly, quite disgusting. So let them bury themselves in juvenile shit; be the better man, NiteOwl. If they have any sense, they'll come crawling back to you.

Or you should probably find a new group of friends.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:13 am 
Offline
...you're locked in here with me!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:53 pm
Posts: 10216
SkaOreo wrote:
Man. What is it with you and lesbians?


Be strong Feliciano, be strong !

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:47 pm 
Offline
Dog Carcass in Alley
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:55 am
Posts: 6493
Location: Toronto, Ont, Canada
SkaOreo wrote:
Man. What is it with you and lesbians?


Lesbians make his stories more interesting.

_________________
Image

"Heard them Walthers like to jump some" "As will you, with one in your elbow."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:55 pm 
Offline
I don't think there is a god. And if there is I'm nothing like him.
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:26 pm
Posts: 5401
Location: Knee Deep in the Dead
SkaOreo wrote:
NiteOwl wrote:
TheMovieDude wrote:
Just let it all pass. If people believe shit about you that's not true, those people aren't really worthy of your time or trust. Just try to clarify things as much as you can.

It did pass in fact.
They all ditched me for good.
Some were my best friends of like three years...
they blocked my phone number and everything.

I'm slightly relieved, furious, and depressed all at once.

Man. What is it with you and lesbians?

But I agree with TheMovieDude; they're not worth it if this is the reason why they're dumping you. Imagine what will happen when they run into actual problems--like trying to find a job. I don't know (or remember) how old you are NiteOwl, but this is strictly high-school nonsense. The kind of bullshit that school children amuse themselves with because they want to live life as the Kardashians.

My advice to you: Look inward, take a step back, and realize that your problems aren't worth fucking shit in the grand scheme of things. That might sound harsh, but it's the truth. There are people actually suffering in the world and people are going to ruin life-long social bonds because of some he said-she said crap? There are more troubling things in the world, and relationships are one of the few constants in the world that you can trust. The fact that people quickly and easily turn against people is, frankly, quite disgusting. So let them bury themselves in juvenile shit; be the better man, NiteOwl. If they have any sense, they'll come crawling back to you.

Or you should probably find a new group of friends.

Nah it doesn't sound harsh. It's a perspective I should adopt.
It kinda helps.
Also I'm 18, (19 next January 5th) but none of them are under 22. I've been around em for like three years though.
I helped one of them through some tough shit when her mom died. I just would think our friendship has been through the fire enough to be a bit stronger than it was apparently. You are right, there are bigger problems out there.
And in my life as well. In a way I'm glad to be rid of them, cause they generate pointless drama quicker than the cast of Jersey Shore, and it never did me an ounce of good.

Still feel kinda sick over it though.

Also it was just one lesbian I met years ago, and she brought me into her social circle.
I haven't been able to say "her boyfriend" in ages.

_________________
My letterboxd

I'll be right back. I gotta go see a man about a mule.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:10 am 
Offline
I don't think there is a god. And if there is I'm nothing like him.
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:26 pm
Posts: 5401
Location: Knee Deep in the Dead
So, my friend canceled the 007 marathon. School got in the way supposedly, and just like so many of our intrepid movie club members can likely relate to, there's simply no time for it.
Let alone five movies. We should've planned this better I guess. Also, she's PMS'ing and extremely irritable.
I don't think she could sit through five of anything with me right now.

I'm really disappointed and also kinda relieved, but. Alas. Not much I can do now.

_________________
My letterboxd

I'll be right back. I gotta go see a man about a mule.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:55 pm 
Offline
...you're locked in here with me!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:53 pm
Posts: 10216
I feel like shit.

I have a chance of visiting my girlfriend, after almost four months, and now my mom is hesitant, she thinks 450$ a ticket is too expensive, and she really doesn't like me going back to Venezuela for countless reasons.

I don't want to pressure her, since she says we're not economically on the best situations, I rarely ask her for money, but this was a good idea from my girlfriend for us to see each other, I've also just received a scholarship that cuts three out of my five semester payments.............

............and now it's all going to shit.................

I wish I could easily say that my mother is being mean, but she's not, then again, she has a tendency to exaggerate and make a drama out of everything, so I really don't know if we stand on ice that is too thin for me to take a vacation and see my girlfriend once again, or she's making a goddamn scene and thinks this trip of mine isn't worthy of spending the money for.

I don't know if I'm leaving myself for the wind to blow my way or if there's anything I can do, if there is, I'm not seeing it.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:05 am 
Offline
Labored long to build a heaven.
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:48 pm
Posts: 12480
Location: Monster Island (Really New York)
My trouble is that I'm doing homework at 1:05 am.

That's it.

_________________
"The world is a fine place and worth fighting for." I agree with the second part.
Image
"There's a cello in your house now."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:19 am 
Offline
Tired of Earth.
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:19 pm
Posts: 8132
Location: 1060 W. Addison St.
my troubles are that i don't have any troubles to post about.


or i would post about them. it's just like they say.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:49 am 
Offline
...you're locked in here with me!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:53 pm
Posts: 10216
Godziller66 wrote:
My trouble is that I'm doing homework at 1:05 am.

That's it.


Fuck you.

Also, must remember to write about fictional lesbians and non-issues, yeah, that should get people's attention :D !

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:46 pm 
Offline
I don't think there is a god. And if there is I'm nothing like him.
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:26 pm
Posts: 5401
Location: Knee Deep in the Dead
feliciano182 wrote:
Godziller66 wrote:
My trouble is that I'm doing homework at 1:05 am.

That's it.


Fuck you.

Also, must remember to write about fictional lesbians and non-issues, yeah, that should get people's attention :D !

They're not fictional you fucking asshole.
How would you like it if people said your problems were fictional?
It ain't funny.

_________________
My letterboxd

I'll be right back. I gotta go see a man about a mule.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:10 pm 
Offline
...you're locked in here with me!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:53 pm
Posts: 10216
NiteOwl wrote:
They're not fictional you fucking asshole.
How would you like it if people said your problems were fictional?
It ain't funny.


Because nobody will say it more clearly NiteOwl:

Your problems are not real problems.

I appreciate your desire to vent out what worries you in your life, and while I almost never pitch in, I feel confident in saying that we are all here for you, but at the same time I feel a little annoyed of seeing how this topic can become diluted by bullshit we should all be capable of dealing with already, you had a bad conversation with an asshole ? Your friends dumped you ? WHAT GIVES ? Tell those people to FUCK OFF and move on with your life man.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:00 pm 
Offline
I don't think there is a god. And if there is I'm nothing like him.
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:26 pm
Posts: 5401
Location: Knee Deep in the Dead
feliciano182 wrote:
NiteOwl wrote:
They're not fictional you fucking asshole.
How would you like it if people said your problems were fictional?
It ain't funny.


Because nobody will say it more clearly NiteOwl:

Your problems are not real problems.

I appreciate your desire to vent out what worries you in your life, and while I almost never pitch in, I feel confident in saying that we are all here for you, but at the same time I feel a little annoyed of seeing how this topic can become diluted by bullshit we should all be capable of dealing with already, you had a bad conversation with an asshole ? Your friends dumped you ? WHAT GIVES ? Tell those people to FUCK OFF and move on with your life man.

Who're you to judge the validity of my problems or the severity of their impact on my life?
Was there some almighty criteria saying that this thread was only for horrible life altering issues?
"Troubles and shit"
If you want to file my stuff under 'shit' be my guest. I'm not asking you to pitch in, but I'd greatly appreciate it if you didn't turn it into a joke at every turn. They are MY problems. And they're real to ME. I'm not asking you to care. I'm just asking that you not make a joke out of it. This thread is just a place to vent. From losing a loved one to accidentally stepping on your favorite pair of headphones and breaking them.

"Troubles and shit"

And I'm sure if I was inadvertantly abusing this thread, ongoing, the proper forum authority would take me aside and say so.
Of which you are not.
And he hasn't.
So drop it.

_________________
My letterboxd

I'll be right back. I gotta go see a man about a mule.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:10 pm 
Offline
...you're locked in here with me!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:53 pm
Posts: 10216
^ Check your PM.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:58 am 
Offline
Labored long to build a heaven.
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:48 pm
Posts: 12480
Location: Monster Island (Really New York)
Feli, you're kind of like Mitt Romney. You attack David for attacking Nite Owl and then you attack Nite Owl yourself whenever the opportunity arises.

Basically, you're flip floppety.

_________________
"The world is a fine place and worth fighting for." I agree with the second part.
Image
"There's a cello in your house now."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:05 am 
Offline
...you're locked in here with me!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:53 pm
Posts: 10216
Godziller66 wrote:
Feli, you're kind of like Mitt Romney. You attack David for attacking Nite Owl and then you attack Nite Owl yourself whenever the opportunity arises.

Basically, you're flip floppety.


I've never attacked David for attacking NiteOwl, and I think I've made it repeatedly clear why I criticized David's approach to the "NiteOwl" issue back in his last days on the forum.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:02 pm 
Offline
Tired of Earth.
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:01 am
Posts: 8041
Location: Clackamas, OR
So, this happened.

I know a lot of you might not have anything to say about this, especially since we've had so many reports of shootings lately. That said, you'll notice that this took place in my hometown of Portland. More specifically, it takes place in Clackamas. That mall isn't even two miles away from where I live. This isn't just my home turf, it's practically my backyard.

So yeah, I hope you'll pardon me if I have a lot to say about it.

Mercifully, I was nowhere near the Town Center when this went down. So far as I know, all my family and friends are safe as well. Even so, this is one of the biggest malls in the state, not to mention one of the city's busiest hubs for public transit. Even on a weekday afternoon, there had to be hundreds of people at that mall, especially with less than two weeks until Christmas. With only two people dead (three, counting the shooter) and one injured, I'd say we got off lucky.

(Side note: It's rumored that the gun jammed at some point, so we can all be thankful for that much.)

Even so, law enforcement still has the entire mall on lockdown as they interview the witnesses, make sure everyone's okay, and search every square inch of that huge fucking mall to look for any poor souls still hiding there. People have spent all evening separated from their families, unable to get a signal through the massive cell phone traffic in the area. And that's after they spent the afternoon getting threatened by a gunman, hiding for cover, and getting shepherded around by armed SWAT officers. God, what trauma.

Of course, what really gets to me is that this is more or less the mall where I grew up. The food court was allegedly where the shooting started, and I've been going there long enough to remember when that food court was an ice rink. I remember going to the Barnes and Noble there with my sister for the release parties of Harry Potter #6 and #7. My bedroom has a shelf full of anime DVDs I bought from there as a teenager. My dad and I eat dinner there all the time when it's just us at home and we're too tired to cook anything. I realize how stupid it sounds to get so emotionally attached to a shopping mall, of all things, but it really is a place where I can feel safe and comfortable. I imagine that I'll still feel the same way once all of this has blown over, but it won't be the same.

Something else that sticks with me is that even by "random violence" standards, this doesn't make any sense. If the guy was just going to kill himself, why did he wear a mask? If his main goal was to kill people, why did he open fire at the ceiling first? Why would he go through the Macy's to open fire at the food court when there's a perfectly good entrance to the food court from the outside? Granted, all of this is based on preliminary reports, and it may well be a while before we've sorted fact from fiction, and all of this speculation might be based on nothing. That said, there's one thing that can't be disputed: Of all the shopping centers in Portland that could've been targeted, this asshole chose the one that happened to be shouting distance from the local Sheriff's Office. Make of that what you will.

Finally, I'm glad to say that the whole city rallied around this tragedy with incredible speed. All of Portland stands in solidarity with the victims and survivors of tonight's shooting. Join them, won't you?

_________________
This is truly a madhouse. And I'm the lunatic running it. I've spent three years wondering if I should be proud or ashamed.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 443 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 23  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
[ Time : 0.222s | 13 Queries | GZIP : Off ]