WatchmenComicMovie.com Forum

Talk about the Watchmen comic book mini-series and film
It is currently Mon Nov 29, 2021 5:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 443 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 23  Next
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 2:11 pm 
...you're locked in here with me!

TheMovieDude wrote:
feliciano182 wrote:
TheMovieDude wrote:
How do you hang around, then? Rides? Public transport? Don't girls become unimpressed with you? : p

:shock:

I don't think I would like to live in Mexico !

Haha don't worry it's not exactly a common situation. But you know they say that cars can be a girl magnet : p

OH ! SO U JUS WANT ADVANTAGE ?

Well, I can't think of any place in the world where having a car is not a good way to pick up women, MAYBE in Cuba, or in places where there are no cars.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 4:27 pm 
Government-Sponsored Weirdo

I don't think driving is such a big deal in the UK because things are closer together and more reasonable walking distances, most Towns can be walked across in an hour or so, except London which is horrible to drive in and has the underground anyway.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:40 pm 
Tired of Earth.

It's days like these which make me believe in fate.

Only a few hours ago, I took a rather nasty fall. I won't get into details, except to say that I was in my usual theater, I had forgotten how slippery the floors are, and my shoes had been way overdue for replacement.

The collateral damage is a nasty cut on my chin that will probably leave a scar. Far worse is the terrible pain in my left hip. There's no visible bruising and it's obvious that nothing's broken, but something in there got torn up good. My hip is so swollen that I can barely move it, much less walk.

So why do I mention fate? Well, just yesterday, I marched in the Starlight Parade, which is the single biggest Portland-based event for my drumline. Tomorrow, I'm set to take a practical exam for my class. The day after that, I was scheduled to interview for an internship. All of that will have to be postponed or cancelled, and God forbid I put a drum on within the next few weeks.

Only two weeks from now, I was going to take my first summer away from classes since I graduated from Pacific three years ago. But fate seemed to think I needed a break right fucking now. Thinking about it, I really do.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:47 pm 
Tired of Earth.

Curiosity Inc. wrote:
It's days like these which make me believe in fate.

Only a few hours ago, I took a rather nasty fall. I won't get into details, except to say that I was in my usual theater, I had forgotten how slippery the floors are, and my shoes had been way overdue for replacement.

The collateral damage is a nasty cut on my chin that will probably leave a scar. Far worse is the terrible pain in my left hip. There's no visible bruising and it's obvious that nothing's broken, but something in there got torn up good. My hip is so swollen that I can barely move it, much less walk.

So why do I mention fate? Well, just yesterday, I marched in the Starlight Parade, which is the single biggest Portland-based event for my drumline. Tomorrow, I'm set to take a practical exam for my class. The day after that, I was scheduled to interview for an internship. All of that will have to be postponed or cancelled, and God forbid I put a drum on within the next few weeks.

Only two weeks from now, I was going to take my first summer away from classes since I graduated from Pacific three years ago. But fate seemed to think I needed a break right fucking now. Thinking about it, I really do.

That sucks, but you probably do deserve a break.

Also, noticed this.

Curiosity Inc. wrote:
The collateral damage is a nasty cut on my chin that will probably leave a scar.

Reminded me of this

Could be kinda badass, ya know?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:58 pm 
Tired of Earth.

WJK wrote:
Curiosity Inc. wrote:
The collateral damage is a nasty cut on my chin that will probably leave a scar.

Reminded me of this

Could be kinda badass, ya know?

My dad said the same thing, funnily enough. The placement isn't quite as attractive, though. More than anything, I wish I had a better story for it than "I slipped."

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:27 pm 
Tired of Earth.

So I just discovered that I can walk without a stick. Two days into a week-long recovery, that ain't bad.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:48 pm 
Labored long to build a heaven.

Curiosity Inc. wrote:
So I just discovered that I can walk without a stick. Two days into a week-long recovery, that ain't bad.

You should keep using it anyway and whenever someone asks you what happened you just say "Bane."

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:33 pm 
Dog Carcass in Alley

Godziller66 wrote:
Curiosity Inc. wrote:

You should keep using it anyway and whenever someone asks you what happened you just say "Bane."

Yes. Also, grow a beard if you can.

"Heard them Walthers like to jump some" "As will you, with one in your elbow."

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:59 pm 

t3cii wrote:
Godziller66 wrote:
Curiosity Inc. wrote:

And make a comeback as the masked vigilante.......................Portland deserves.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:49 am 
I don't think there is a god. And if there is I'm nothing like him.

feliciano182 wrote:
t3cii wrote:
Godziller66 wrote:
Curiosity Inc. wrote:

And make a comeback as the masked vigilante.......................Portland deserves.

haha :lol:

I'll be right back. I gotta go see a man about a mule.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:05 am 
Tired of Earth.

I'm trying to think of what a Portland superhero would be like. I'm quite sure he'd be the shittiest superhero ever.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:09 am 
Labored long to build a heaven.

Curiosity Inc. wrote:
I'm trying to think of what a Portland superhero would be like. I'm quite sure he'd be the shittiest superhero ever.

Well...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:41 am 
Tired of Earth.

Godziller66 wrote:
Curiosity Inc. wrote:

Well...

"I prefer the term 'costumed activist.'"

...Yeah, that sounds about right for my city.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:38 am 

Curiosity Inc. wrote:
Godziller66 wrote:
Curiosity Inc. wrote:

Well...

Hipster...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:27 am 
Tired of Earth.

feliciano182 wrote:
Curiosity Inc. wrote:
Godziller66 wrote:
Curiosity Inc. wrote:

Well...

Hipster...

Dude. In my town, that's almost a compliment.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:32 am 

Curiosity Inc. wrote:
Dude. In my town, that's almost a compliment.

I really don't understand Portland.

Still hope to travel there sometime though !

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:16 am 

Academic troubles n' shit................sorta.

For a "National Reality" class, we had to buy this book, we didn't need it really, but our bitch of a teacher insisted and asked us to pay 130 Peruvian Soles (50 dollars) for it.

Now, I don't know how american college works, but out here, it's outrageous to pay that amount for a book when your university has entire libraries full to the brim with books of the same topics, where photocopying and page-scanning is an essential part of academic life, the college experience HAS to be as economically sound as possible.

So, a few months ago, when this issue arised (because nobody wanted to pay 50 dollars each for a stupid "recommended material" book) I stepped up and said I could coordinate a gathering to get money to buy one book, which I could later photocopy and then scan the necessary pages as the teacher dictated.

Turns out, when pay-day came, half of the people who had to pay showed up, and I had to shell out money from my own pocket to pay for it, later, I found out other people were asking for the copies of others who payed for their right to have these copies, which the latter gladly gave away.

All in all, I decided to keep the book for myself, since I paid more and some people clearly had ripped me off.

However, before the semester is about to end, one chick asked me if I was going to organize a "lottery" to give the book to someone, I politely wrote an e-mail to everyone in the class room that I was intent in keeping the book to myself, since I paid more, and some people took advantage of the situation, in the same e-mail, I explained that next class we could talk about the issue if they so wanted to.

Did I do the right thing ? Should I give the book to lottery ? Should I donate to the university ? Should I keep it to myself ?

Any insight into this issue would be greatly appreciated.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:56 am 
Tired of Earth.

here in america, college books can easily cost twice as much.

not only that, but professors will write books themselves, designate them as "needed" for the class, then never actually use them, and basically everything you learn in the class was already in that book, they just wanted extra money.

also, if you paid for more than half of it, i would say either keep it or donate it to the school library.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:49 am 

WJK wrote:
also, if you paid for more than half of it, i would say either keep it or donate it to the school library.

In all fairness I didn't paid for more than half of it, we had gathered 100 Peruvian Soles and we needed 130, I put in the last 30, I still feel like I should keep it for myself, at most I will donate it.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:15 am 
Dog Carcass in Alley

feliciano182 wrote:
WJK wrote:

In all fairness I didn't paid for more than half of it, we had gathered 100 Peruvian Soles and we needed 130, I put in the last 30, I still feel like I should keep it for myself, at most I will donate it.

So some of your classmates did help in paying for it?

I don't really have any advice, although I'll tell you that book will probably be useless in a year. Donate it to the library if you want, but a new book will be recommended the following year.

"Heard them Walthers like to jump some" "As will you, with one in your elbow."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 443 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 23  Next