WatchmenComicMovie.com Forum

Talk about the Watchmen comic book mini-series and film
It is currently Wed Oct 27, 2021 2:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 443 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 23  Next
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:28 am 
...you're locked in here with me!

So, I'm back in Peru.

Not exactly "home", it was hard to say goodbye to my friends and my girlfriend, but we had two very good weeks, which really helped me a lot when dealing with my father's passing, I feel better now, my mom feels better, even though she had to stay behind to sort some stuff out, I'll support her as best as I can.

Also on the good side, I brought many of my dad's tools here, not only were we in dire need of some, it'll make me remember him, whatever good and happiness he brought into my life.

Anyways, I'm back, and everything's looking up, again, thanks for your support guys, and know that I'll be there when you also need me, hopefully that won't be anytime soon.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:51 am 
I don't think there is a god. And if there is I'm nothing like him.

I just had the most unpleasant conversation with a person I had figured to be the literal bane of my existence.
He's an agressive, overly assertive, dominance-is-everything kind of guy, who is convinced that being an actual jerk and general asshole is a LEGITIMATE way of life. A way to be and succeed.

"Being a jerk shows dominance and integrity."

My lady friend, who I'm in love with, is somehow friends with this fuckface.
After I begged her not to even talk to him before they first met.
He, TO HER FACE, calls her his prize. His trophy.
He tells her to shut up and be obediant, I mean... all of the fucking above.
Anyways, the night me and him met, I was being an asshole too, so tonight when she brought us together after I promised her i'd behave myself-

I apologized to him. Even though at the time he was being such a fucking prick
I wasn't being any better.
So tonight I apologized and it felt good.
He was stunned. And then for two hours it was like a battle of wits.
We went over psychology, philosophy- at one point even forgetting the fact our mutual friend was right there.
He has the most warped and sick thoughts ever.

I actually threatened to kill him in such an underhanded way that he actually got and understood, he would've applauded how subverse it was if it didn't tip his hand. After the first hour, it was literally physically uncomforable.
My nerves were shit. It was civil the whole time though. And I think the guy respects me or some shit now-
But given everything, including seeing him and her together... I'm just physically ill right now.
After he left, and I vented to her, she assurred me that it simply amuses her that he thinks she's under his thumb.
And she's SO smart, I wouldn't doubt that she could run circles around this guy mentally, and he'd still think he's top dog. either way, seeing him treat her like a THING and not a person was almost more than I could handle.
I don't know what to think at this point.
I'm pretty unnerved though, and like physically ill.

I feel a headache creeping up too.

she was so tired and not feeling well by the time we got to talk alone, we barely said a decent goodnight.
And I feel like this big conversation with this guy kinda... hijacked our evening.
My nerves are still frayed and I'm jittery, although the grudge I had against him for like... a year? Is all but gone now that I have talked it all out with him face to face. And in his own odd way, he apologized too.

*sigh*

I need sleep.
This all just ended like minutes before I started writing this.

I'll be right back. I gotta go see a man about a mule.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:25 am 
Labored long to build a heaven.

What the fuck.

A guy who's a jerk who openly admits to being a jerk and is proud of it. He's not going to get anywhere in life if he doesn't at least keep it a secret.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:24 am 
...you're locked in here with me!

Godziller66 wrote:
A guy who's a jerk who openly admits to being a jerk and is proud of it. He's not going to get anywhere in life if he doesn't at least keep it a secret.

You'd be surprised at what passes for "confidence" these days.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:04 pm 

Godziller66 wrote:
What the fuck.

He's revels in it.
He thinks he's some big enigma.
Like everybody wants a piece of him or something.
Its SUPER obnoxious.

I'm so disappointed in the fact my friend not only is friends with him, but that she admitted to me she almost fell for him.
Ugh.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:42 pm 
Tired of Earth.

NiteOwl wrote:
Godziller66 wrote:
What the fuck.

He's revels in it.
Its SUPER obnoxious.

I'm so disappointed in the fact my friend not only is friends with him, but that she admitted to me she almost fell for him.
Ugh.

Show him this, it sounds like a proper reflection of him to me.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:06 pm 

WJK wrote:
NiteOwl wrote:
Godziller66 wrote:
What the fuck.

He's revels in it.
Its SUPER obnoxious.

Ugh.

Show him this, it sounds like a proper reflection of him to me.

If patrick looked like Jin from tekken, WITH horns- and voiced by alan rickman- that'd be frighteningly accurate.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:34 am 
Genetically-Altered Lynx

Not the worst things in the world, but I'm having a very hard time casting a short film I want to make. I sent out notices for auditions a while ago and only got like three people. All of them were good but none of them quite nailed the character. I auditioned one of them twice and he just can't do it. He's not bad, he's just totally wrong for it. The second guy hasn't been able to tell me his actual schedule and I'm getting more anxious about that as I go along. At this point because of that, I won't be able to start filming this week at all. The third guy is a very good actor and I want to give him another chance at auditioning but I'm skeptical about it. I've considered casting myself in the role, but I don't really feel safe about that. I want to be behind the camera for this one. And time keeps passing on and I'm scared of losing the actress I have for the role. I think she's absolutely perfect but I'm also doubtful if she is actually committed to this or that she'll grow inpatient and leave. I've thought about the possibility of not making this at all but I really want to. It's the story I'm most excited about telling right now.

Meanwhile, everything is fine, but damn, living in an apartment really does put a hole in your pocket. The rent is pretty high, plus groceries, utilities, aaaaagggh. I just hope everything keeps running along smoothly in the next few months.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:31 am 

TheMovieDude wrote:
Not the worst things in the world, but I'm having a very hard time casting a short film I want to make. I sent out notices for auditions a while ago and only got like three people. All of them were good but none of them quite nailed the character. I auditioned one of them twice and he just can't do it. He's not bad, he's just totally wrong for it. The second guy hasn't been able to tell me his actual schedule and I'm getting more anxious about that as I go along. At this point because of that, I won't be able to start filming this week at all. The third guy is a very good actor and I want to give him another chance at auditioning but I'm skeptical about it. I've considered casting myself in the role, but I don't really feel safe about that. I want to be behind the camera for this one. And time keeps passing on and I'm scared of losing the actress I have for the role. I think she's absolutely perfect but I'm also doubtful if she is actually committed to this or that she'll grow inpatient and leave. I've thought about the possibility of not making this at all but I really want to. It's the story I'm most excited about telling right now.

Meanwhile, everything is fine, but damn, living in an apartment really does put a hole in your pocket. The rent is pretty high, plus groceries, utilities, aaaaagggh. I just hope everything keeps running along smoothly in the next few months.

dude, I wish you the best of luck. I know most people on hre are convinced that punisher shortfilm was a lie of mine, but I was seriously planning that shit. And put out ads and casting stuff. Only two black guys stepped forward to play Frank. One was too young, was like 22, and the other was so tme and passive, he had this cocept about having a no kill policy. Then I found out he had no clue who the punisher was. I had this just, Justin Milani, for the villain. Was like a cross between Kingpin and barracuda. He read the whole max run and everything ennis wrote on the punisher to prep for the role. I sent him parts of the script. But because I was financially backing the wholmovie myself wwith my paents help, when medical bills opped up due to my mom and some serious issues, a hole was shot in my budget. Obviously medical stuff takes precedence over a glorified hobby.
So whenever I hear about cast woes, I sympathize. My villain was like 5'2. *sigh*
And my Punisher would'e been a black young guy...
*shakes head*.
I REALLY hope everything works out for you amigo.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:33 am 
Genetically-Altered Lynx

NiteOwl wrote:
TheMovieDude wrote:

dude, I wish you the best of luck. I know most people on hre are convinced that punisher shortfilm was a lie of mine, but I was seriously planning that shit. And put out ads and casting stuff. Only two black guys stepped forward to play Frank. One was too young, was like 22, and the other was so tme and passive, he had this cocept about having a no kill policy. Then I found out he had no clue who the punisher was. I had this just, Justin Milani, for the villain. Was like a cross between Kingpin and barracuda. He read the whole max run and everything ennis wrote on the punisher to prep for the role. I sent him parts of the script. But because I was financially backing the wholmovie myself wwith my paents help, when medical bills opped up due to my mom and some serious issues, a hole was shot in my budget. Obviously medical stuff takes precedence over a glorified hobby.
So whenever I hear about cast woes, I sympathize. My villain was like 5'2. *sigh*
And my Punisher would'e been a black young guy...
*shakes head*.
I REALLY hope everything works out for you amigo.

Thanks, man! Making movies is a lot harder than people care to admit. It's troubling when I say I want to go to Hollywood or Mexico City and people tell me they still face the exact same issues over there.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:11 am 

for like the first time -ever- my best friend has said to me... "I don't want to tell you about it."
She's pissed off, and we were trying to chat but she's in a MOOD. Like a motherfucker.
Pardon my bluntness, but she's not on her monthly either.

She said "I don't wanna talk about it."

But normally, with anyone else, this'd be like fine. I guess.
It's not the end of the damn world.

But with her?
I did a bit of decuctive reasoning.

But to set the stage... she's been more open with me about every single detail about things most guy friends don't ever want to hear their lady friends talk about.

Some I won't repeat here, cause like, most of you will know who I'm talking about and I intend to introduce her to ya'll in a chat someday, and I just don't want that stuff slipping. So.

She's talked about boyfriends, current, ex, future.
She's talked about her period.
She's divulged the most personal and embarassing experiences she's ever had to me.
She'll tell me why she's having a rotten day, and who caused it.
I mean... five years. Not once has she ever said "I don't wanna talk about it."

So, with my line of deductive reasoning...
I thought, okay. It must be something to do with someone, one of her friends I don't like.
Which number about three.
Two of which I think could be causing this, but most likely it's the one I openly consider my mortal enemy.
You've all heard about him on here before.

So I figure it must be about him. And she doesn't want to say simply because she doesn't want to feed the fire.
Doesn't want to give me any more excuse to hate him.
Having said that, I just had a LONG talk with her about how I can be impartial when it comes to that stuff.
And I have proven it too. Repeatedly.

So as I'm summing this up in my head, I ask her
"This has to do with someone, a friend of yours that I don't like. Which is why you won't tell me. RIght"
She just repeats she doesn't want to talk about it.

So I ask "Am I wrong? If I am you get to call me paranoid, if I'm right, just say so and I'll drop it. Okay?"

She tells me my prying is immature and annoying. And that I should stop.

Right then she tells me that something related came up and she has to tend to it.
So she leaves the chat.
In a round about way, I have confirmation that indeed it was about my mortal enemy. And she's ditched me to deal with him. This would make the second night in a row that I've been ditched cause she had to deal with a friend's stuff.
Now, I don't mind generally. She's in high demand.
But
A.) She tells me to wait and stick around if I want- then forgets me for 3-4 HOURS
B.) She still doesn't trust me enough to talk about this guy. With all I've done to prove I don't give a shit about the past... including talking to the guy face to face perfectly civil like for over an hour... I'm kinda hurt.

Now, if I were to continue my line of deductive reasoning...

I'd say he's done something bad. Maybe hurt her. (not physically or anything)
Or that he's just generally done something pretty assholish.

And she doesn't want to hear me say "I told you so."

I'm currently playing the waiting game AGAIN as she's dealing with him. It couldn't be worse if I found out he was fucking her and had to listen to the sounds from the other room.
Actually... that would be horrible. But, I don't wanna be kept waiting for 3-4 hours again.

My night is on the verge of becoming horrible. *sigh*

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:16 am 
Government-Sponsored Weirdo

Don't wait, just try to ignore it for now, there's nothing you can do if she doesn't want you to, and if she's not going to tell you, don't force it.
Go play video games or something, and keep yourself occupied, the time will fly by.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:36 am 

Don't wait, just try to ignore it for now, there's nothing you can do if she doesn't want you to, and if she's not going to tell you, don't force it.
Go play video games or something, and keep yourself occupied, the time will fly by.

That's the thing though, I mean, at 1:45 am, I'm pretty much done.
LIke yesterday, I watched The Descent, Who Framed Roger Rabbit, and Kalifornia all by midnight.
Then I drew for a couple hours. Then she gets on.
So I'm only up any later than that to talk to her. Time zones and shit. Cause I'm really really done doing anything else.

Shit ended up being less about the fact she wouldn't tell me, and more about keeping me waiting.
She tells me last night, which is like five hours ago right now, that he had some problems. And she needed to help.
She ditched me by 2 am to talk to him, help him, sort shit... whatever. Idk. Personally, knowing him, I don't want to either. Not now.
So then she stuck around and made sure he was okay. I asked her at like 4:50 am "Hey? I'm still waiting."
And she's like "Oh yeah sure we're done, we're just chatting now."
Was like... ugh. Can you wrap it up? You know? I'm waiting here, waiting to cash my raincheck from being ditched the previous night as well... and she's just chatting with her buddy, the devil. On my time.
It's all very possible I'm being too uptight about this.
But I relayed all those thoughts to her via texting basically until she finally relented and made herself available to hang with me. Which I was leery of it being forced. And at 5 am, I wasn't now sure how things were gonna be.
Of course we talked it out... as always. And I'd like to think we parted on a positive tone if nothing else.

Last night did suck. Alot. But it didn't end as horribly as it could've.
I just have alot of making up to do today.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:46 am 

NiteOwl wrote:

That's the thing though, I mean, at 1:45 am, I'm pretty much done.
LIke yesterday, I watched The Descent, Who Framed Roger Rabbit, and Kalifornia all by midnight.
Then I drew for a couple hours. Then she gets on.
So I'm only up any later than that to talk to her. Time zones and shit. Cause I'm really really done doing anything else.

Shit ended up being less about the fact she wouldn't tell me, and more about keeping me waiting.
She tells me last night, which is like five hours ago right now, that he had some problems. And she needed to help.
She ditched me by 2 am to talk to him, help him, sort shit... whatever. Idk. Personally, knowing him, I don't want to either. Not now.
So then she stuck around and made sure he was okay. I asked her at like 4:50 am "Hey? I'm still waiting."
And she's like "Oh yeah sure we're done, we're just chatting now."
Was like... ugh. Can you wrap it up? You know? I'm waiting here, waiting to cash my raincheck from being ditched the previous night as well... and she's just chatting with her buddy, the devil. On my time.
It's all very possible I'm being too uptight about this.
But I relayed all those thoughts to her via texting basically until she finally relented and made herself available to hang with me. Which I was leery of it being forced. And at 5 am, I wasn't now sure how things were gonna be.
Of course we talked it out... as always. And I'd like to think we parted on a positive tone if nothing else.

Last night did suck. Alot. But it didn't end as horribly as it could've.
I just have alot of making up to do today.

go to sleep then. people can't expect you to stay awake for hours I the middle of the night.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:43 pm 

So like, I got a dilemma.
Most of my local friends have moved away, and I pretty much keep to myself, so it's not some huge travesty.
But one dude, my buddy Paul, him and I are still pretty tight.
And it's no secret he's kept the friendship afloat. I've totally been there for him when shit gets tough, and vice versa.
But he's always calling and messaging, and I don't mind actually. It's cool.
He's cool.

However...
He sells... stuff.
He's more of a middle man tbh, but still.
Anywho. A LONG time ago when my whole family was strapped financially, to the point where my Dad was considering going for a handout, on top of already having a 9 to 5 manual labor job, bills were just stacking up. Medical bills specifically.
Anyway, I sell some stuff through Paul, I make like $80 and I tell everyone I sold some vintage baseball cards.
With the $80, I was able to like, get groceries and shit for a week at least. It really helped.

About last month, I pulled the same deal again.
Only for a little less, about $20.
Thing is we're not really cash poor right now, and I just felt like getting some extra pocket lining.

It seems like this is what shit boils down to when we get together.
Sure we watch movies and stuff, but him and what he does is nigh inseparable.
In a rather uncharacteristic display of emotions, he confessed I'm his best friend, like a brother and stuff.
And that means alot to him, like deeply.
But I seriously wanna put tracks between us. In a way. I know that most likely this money thing could get to be a habit.
And I don't want it to, so despite really liking him as a friend, I wanna put space between us, but I also thing ignoring him is just... cruel. He deserves a bit more respect than that. So... idk.

I don't wanna get like... caught or have someone I genuinely care about find out that I consider doing it again from time to time.
Namely Becky... she kinda flipped shit over it the last time.
And I find it especially impossible to lie to her.

So I dunno what to do. Stop obviously.
But... if you're a recovering alcoholic, are you gonna hang around a heavy drinker?
He's the closest thing I have to an immediate best friend excluding people I've met on the internet.
Such as some of you guys. So. Yeah.

Ugh.

Last edited by NiteOwl on Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:30 pm 
Labored long to build a heaven.

Well, first of all, I'm not sure that's the smartest thing to post on the internet.

Second, I'd stop hanging out with Paul if you can't not be peer pressured by him into doing stuff.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:29 pm 

Godziller66 wrote:
Well, first of all, I'm not sure that's the smartest thing to post on the internet.

Second, I'd stop hanging out with Paul if you can't not be peer pressured by him into doing stuff.

Far worse things have happened.

And secondly, it's not really peer pressure.
He doesn't urge me to do it or anything.
It'll just come up in a conversation, and its easy cash so...

I wanna put distance between us, but he considers me family and I don't wanna hurt him.

I guess the real solution is just... grow a pair.
Self control.

mm.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:26 am 

I am probably biased because I was in what seems like exactly the same situation once, being called a best friend, only friend, like a brother etc. by my dealer. So I can only talk from my experience, YMMV.
Dealers are pretty needy people, if you've ever seen Pineapple Express, people like James Franco's character, are pretty common.
But in my experience, however much they say they are your friend, "business" always comes first.

My opinion is, cut your losses, get out whilst you still can, these people don't often move on with their lives, they start dealing because they can't live without it, and dealing guarantees a constant supply. they make friends with acquaintances to have company, but they're not really fussy who. they may be pissed off if you "abandon" them, but it's for your own good and they'll probably befriend the next group of people that comes knocking on the door.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:45 am 

I am probably biased because I was in what seems like exactly the same situation once, being called a best friend, only friend, like a brother etc. by my dealer. So I can only talk from my experience, YMMV.
Dealers are pretty needy people, if you've ever seen Pineapple Express, people like James Franco's character, are pretty common.
But in my experience, however much they say they are your friend, "business" always comes first.

My opinion is, cut your losses, get out whilst you still can, these people don't often move on with their lives, they start dealing because they can't live without it, and dealing guarantees a constant supply. they make friends with acquaintances to have company, but they're not really fussy who. they may be pissed off if you "abandon" them, but it's for your own good and they'll probably befriend the next group of people that comes knocking on the door.

Whilst I have no doubt it will come to that, in the four years I've known him, we've only transacted twice.
We talk about it. I hid some stuff for him once.
But there's long stretches of time where, months even, he won't bring it up too much.
Since it's his main source of income, he bitches about it like a regular job, so I mean, it is a familiar topic between us.
Also, I mean... its hard because I feel he's being real sincere when he says I'm like his brother.
A couple months ago, he called me all choked up and said he needed to see me.
He shows up at night, crying. He falls into my arms in the middle of the parking lot here...
And this is a dude who's too macho to hug.

His parents had kicked him out, his girlfriend left him, and his friend got killed or something. All in one day.
Irrelevant, but... I don't think he's bullshitting about the 'like a brother'. Or am I just naive?
Having said that, he's still someone who has bad connections. Connections I don't want to get connected to.
Thanks though, for your advice. I may indeed have to simply cut my losses.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:28 am 

NiteOwl wrote:

Whilst I have no doubt it will come to that, in the four years I've known him, we've only transacted twice.
We talk about it. I hid some stuff for him once.
But there's long stretches of time where, months even, he won't bring it up too much.
Since it's his main source of income, he bitches about it like a regular job, so I mean, it is a familiar topic between us.
Also, I mean... its hard because I feel he's being real sincere when he says I'm like his brother.
A couple months ago, he called me all choked up and said he needed to see me.
He shows up at night, crying. He falls into my arms in the middle of the parking lot here...
And this is a dude who's too macho to hug.

His parents had kicked him out, his girlfriend left him, and his friend got killed or something. All in one day.
Irrelevant, but... I don't think he's bullshitting about the 'like a brother'. Or am I just naive?
Having said that, he's still someone who has bad connections. Connections I don't want to get connected to.
Thanks though, for your advice. I may indeed have to simply cut my losses.

Like I said, I don't know this guy, I was only speaking from MY experience. The bi-polar "macho sometimes/crying sometimes" stuff seems totally familiar, but "my guy" was a total scary asshole sometimes too, and I really needed to get out for my own sake. I have a scar on my arm where I once fell asleep in a chair at his house and he decided to wake me up by pressing a hot lighter to my arm.... yeah.
In the end you should do what is best for you in the long run.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 443 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 23  Next