WatchmenComicMovie.com Forum

Talk about the Watchmen comic book mini-series and film
It is currently Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:10 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 253 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: Watchmen Tattoos
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:35 pm 
Alien Squid Monster

I shall just tattoo myself blue. [/lie]

I'm thinking of getting the Rorschach logo. It would be my first tattoo. I dont want anything too grand and in your face, as i'm not that type of person. I'd likely have it on my wrist, but i'd never know what way up i should have it!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:46 pm 
Nothing ever ends.

Sasso wrote:
How dumb do you think I am?

Well, considering you're contemplating getting a tattoo about WATCHMEN...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:00 pm 
Genetically-Altered Lynx

If your sole reason for coming here is to continually assert how cool you are (at age 12), and to ceaselessly insult people for liking Watchmen more than you do, then perhaps you should do yourself a favor and be gone, lest you have to hang around us losers and dilettantes any longer.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:17 pm 
Tired of Earth.

This is what PMs are for, folks.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:01 pm 
A pretty butterfly.

Now, about those tattoos...

Nekronicle, did you design your Rorschach tattoo or did the tattoo artist?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:07 pm 
Tired of Earth.

Sasso wrote:

My compliments to whichever one it is.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:18 pm 
A pretty butterfly.

Ikke av flesk wrote:
I shall just tattoo myself blue. [/lie]

Go for it. You can befriend Lizard Man and form a crimefighting duo.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:24 pm 
Vigilante

Sasso wrote:

I WISH! lol my tattoo artist did, I originally went in wanting an exact copy from the novel, but he doesnt like doing reproductions so he drew up something even better!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:24 am 
...look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!

Nekronicle wrote:
Sasso wrote:

I WISH! lol my tattoo artist did, I originally went in wanting an exact copy from the novel, but he doesnt like doing reproductions so he drew up something even better!

Better? Heh...
He did a really good job of translating Gibbon's Watchmen style into the grammar of tattoos. Works nicely.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:26 pm 
Vigilante

Currently in the design stage of two Watchmen tattoos. Will have to wait to get them done after my left sleeve is finished. The Watchmen tattoo I'd like to get will appear to be an actual page ripped out of the GN. Will cover the majority of my rib cage and right side of my stomach. I unfortunately went through some medical/health issues in the past and it has left my rib cage very scarred, so the tattoo is a cover-up basically. Another will be to help cover an old gash on the back of my leg that I received during sports.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:41 pm 
Alien Squid Monster

Buru-Beri wrote:
Currently in the design stage of two Watchmen tattoos. Will have to wait to get them done after my left sleeve is finished. The Watchmen tattoo I'd like to get will appear to be an actual page ripped out of the GN. Will cover the majority of my rib cage and right side of my stomach. I unfortunately went through some medical/health issues in the past and it has left my rib cage very scarred, so the tattoo is a cover-up basically. Another will be to help cover an old gash on the back of my leg that I received during sports.

Nice! :)

If you don't mind me asking, which page are you getting on your rib cage?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:03 pm 
Vigilante

The Abyss wrote:
If you don't mind me asking, which page are you getting on your rib cage?

I cannot remember the exact page number [currently lending to a friend; story of my life apparently] but it's a toss-up on the first scene where Rorschach appears [not with him as Walter and the End is Nigh sign], where he's on the broken glass ledge. Or the one where Dan and Laurie are in the ship and getting it on. Rorschach is my favorite character and I love how you can see the buildings behind him. I was born around that exact area and lived in Manhattan so that has a bit of a nostalgia effect on me [and I've got a NYC skyline tattoo bordering my left arm currently so it would be fitting to have another NY representative tattoo]. I also love the one with Dan and Laurie because of how...I currently am bringing up a blank on the exact terminology...comic noir [?], especially when they are passionately kissing above the clouds at night.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:20 pm 
Alien Squid Monster

Both are wonderful pages. Chapter 1, page 6, is one of my favorite Rorschach panels in the entire book. The scene with Dan and Laurie getting it on in the owlship is also fantastic because the art and the smaller panels convey the moment perfectly. Whichever one you go with, I'm sure it will look great.

And hello, fellow New Yorker!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:49 pm 
Vigilante

The Abyss wrote:
Both are wonderful pages. Chapter 1, page 6, is one of my favorite Rorschach panels in the entire book. The scene with Dan and Laurie getting it on in the owlship is also fantastic because the art and the smaller panels convey the moment perfectly. Whichever one you go with, I'm sure it will look great.

And hello, fellow New Yorker!

Thanks, and hello as well. I'm currently in Minnesota for work and...well...I don't think I need to say it. I need to go back to my own city.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:45 am 
Crimebuster

:roll:

Last edited by 023 on Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:14 pm 
Vigilante

023 wrote:
Here's another veidt logo i made in consideration for a tatt.
thoughts appreciated
http://i453.photobucket.com/albums/qq259/Athletic_Jimmy_Shot_Mel/veit-logo-alt2copy.jpg

cheers

I went back and viewed your other ones just now. This is by far my favorite of your designs. My only concern would be on how well your skin will take in the yellow. Depending on your own skin pigmentation and how well you body accepts and/or rejects, that may or may not come out as bright as you want it. Although I do love those two color combinations [purple/yellow]. Two major opposing colors always look very aesthetically pleasing to the eye.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:38 am 
Crimebuster

Buru-Beri wrote:
023 wrote:
thoughts appreciated
http://i453.photobucket.com/albums/qq259/Athletic_Jimmy_Shot_Mel/veit-logo-alt2copy.jpg

cheers

I went back and viewed your other ones just now. This is by far my favorite of your designs. My only concern would be on how well your skin will take in the yellow. Depending on your own skin pigmentation and how well you body accepts and/or rejects, that may or may not come out as bright as you want it. Although I do love those two color combinations [purple/yellow]. Two major opposing colors always look very aesthetically pleasing to the eye.

thanks, im glad someone likes it. and yeh ill have to check that with my tattooist

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:07 am 
A pretty butterfly.

023 wrote:
thoughts appreciated

cheers

I really like that. It's the best design you've made yet. However, like Buru-Beri said, you may want to check with the tattooist to make sure the yellow will show up on your skin the way you want it too.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:14 pm 
I DID IT!

SmilingSymmetry wrote:
You guys are all gonna regret this in 30 years -_-

Heh.

This is so funny.

I've been a huge fan of the GN for the past 20 years, have had plenty of time to think through getting Watchmen tattoos and there is absolutely no question of future regret.

Have the tattoos affected my job situation?
No. I'm still happily employed working for Her Majesty's Government.

Will they affect my chances of picking up girls?
Absolutely not. Hell, I'm already in a long term relationship.

Have they shortened my social acceptibility in any way?
WTF?! Seriously? Maybe it's symptomatic of the area you live in, or the people you know, but round my way people could care less if a person has tattoos or not, regardless if they are from a comic book, copied off a celebrity, the persons own design or whatever.

Having to explain to the grandkids why I have a double R on my wrist, etc.
Not a problem at all, I'm not having grandchildren.
In fact, I'm not even having children.

What was the other one... oh yeah, comic book tattoos are not "manly".

I'm not even going to post my first response to that as I don't want to be banned.

Y'see, these tattoo's have meaning to me. I don't have to explain them to anyone. Obviously you don't like them, that's up to you. If you don't like them that much, don't drop into a thread about Watchmen tattoos and troll about. You'll be happier for it, I guarentee :)

Looking forward to seeing any and all new Watchmen tattoos once they get inked :D

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:05 pm 
Vigilante

Lord Ruthven wrote:
SmilingSymmetry wrote:
You guys are all gonna regret this in 30 years -_-

Heh.

This is so funny.

I've been a huge fan of the GN for the past 20 years, have had plenty of time to think through getting Watchmen tattoos and there is absolutely no question of future regret.

Have the tattoos affected my job situation?
No. I'm still happily employed working for Her Majesty's Government.

Will they affect my chances of picking up girls?
Absolutely not. Hell, I'm already in a long term relationship.

Have they shortened my social acceptibility in any way?
WTF?! Seriously? Maybe it's symptomatic of the area you live in, or the people you know, but round my way people could care less if a person has tattoos or not, regardless if they are from a comic book, copied off a celebrity, the persons own design or whatever.

Having to explain to the grandkids why I have a double R on my wrist, etc.
Not a problem at all, I'm not having grandchildren.
In fact, I'm not even having children.

What was the other one... oh yeah, comic book tattoos are not "manly".

I'm not even going to post my first response to that as I don't want to be banned.

Y'see, these tattoo's have meaning to me. I don't have to explain them to anyone. Obviously you don't like them, that's up to you. If you don't like them that much, don't drop into a thread about Watchmen tattoos and troll about. You'll be happier for it, I guarentee :)

Looking forward to seeing any and all new Watchmen tattoos once they get inked :D

I very much agree. Also, if anyone worries that much on what others think about a design on their own body, they shouldn't be getting a tattoo to begin with. All of my tattoos [chest, arms, etc] can be covered, first off. Second, despite the fact that I work in a corporate head quarters location, nobody has said anything about my tattoos or facial piercings either way. My manager has several and is always asking me on opinions for new designs. I doubt I'll be having grandkids as well [or kids], but let's say I do. I highly doubt they'll care to such a great extent that they'll shun me for life. If so, they're snotty kids that don't deserve an awesome tattooed grandparent such as myself. Hm. Will I be able to pick up any girls... well. I've picked up girls in the past and I'm pretty sure the body art had something to do with it ;-) And on social acceptibility...anyone who judges a person's character based on physical appearance alone isn't worth my friendship. For me personally, I think tattoos are sexy on both sexes. Sure it won't look 'classy' to some people as you get older, but I highly doubt I'm going to be very attractive at age 70 to begin with.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 253 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next